Backwards Gutti Phenomena

GamerSingh

One of my friends told me that he wanted to start making his hair knot at the back of his head. I told him not because it doing this would be saying that you are ashamed of your Sikh identity. When he asked how, I couldn't come up with a reasonable response. Does any member of the sangat have any plausible reasons for not tying your hair knot in such a manner? I would also like to know if anyone thinks this type of turban is alright, and if so, why?

The only reason why sikhs tie knot in the center of the head is because at this place is Dasam Duar. And when one meditated flows outwards the maximum energy is produced in the forehead which when flows out with the help of hairs it gets concentrated around your knot above your Dasam Duar. Due to the circular shape the energy gets a hold and does not leave your body.

Meditation is the only reason why sikhs keep hairs and tie them on the center of head.

Even the ancient Hindus were kessa dharis and used to tie Big Turbans to conserve this energy when reading vedas.

If you cut hairs u can produce energy but will not be able to hold it. If you tie you knot some where else u will be able to hold energy but will not be able to point it to the right place.

That's a good account for the spiritual significance for tying your hair towards the front of our heads! But what's the viewpoint for tying it on the back and I assume covering the head in a bandana style?

I feel that a patka serves a purpose for certain age groups and people who engage in sports but I'm also confused about why hair being tied back is frowned upon.

I think one explanation is that some fall into the habit of never tying a dastar!