? About Bhagat Nam Dev Ji Shabad

I was going through the Bani of Bhagat Nam Dev Ji and came across this Shabad on Ang 973 i looked through in steeks and translations and vaykha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji and Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji and im still lost as to what this shabad means. To me its suggesting that Bhagat Ji prays to Ram Chandr instead of Ram. Please clear this doubt. If anyone has any other explanations please share them.

ਜਸਰਥ ਰਾਇ ਨੰਦੁ ਰਾਜਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦੁ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਤਤੁ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਜੈ ॥੪॥੪॥

Jasrath rā▫e nanḏ rājā merā rām cẖanḏ paraṇvai nāmā ṯaṯ ras amriṯ pījai. ||4||4||

My Sovereign Lord King is Raam Chandra, the Son of the King Dasrat'h; prays Naam Dayv, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||4||4||

Fridkot Wala Teeka: ਦਸਰਥ ਰਾਜਾ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਬੇਟਾ ਹੂਆ ਹੈ ਭਗਤੋਂ ਕੀ ਰਛਾ ਲੀਏ ਸੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਜਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਰਾਮਚੰਦ ਹੈ ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਕਹਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਜੋ ਸਾਰ ਰੂਪ ਰਸ ਹੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਾਮ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਰੂਪ ਤਿਸ ਕੋ ਪੀਵਨਾ ਕਰੋ॥੪॥੪॥

KhalsaJi

Bhagat Ji are saying that for them the rass of naam is the Ram Chandar , i.e. People worshipped Sri Ram Chandar son of King Dasarat but Bhagat Ji worship the king of kings the creator.

The shabad seems to be saying that Raja Ram Son of Dasrath is my Lord and King. The translation i seen like the fraidkot wala teeka seems to suggest the same thing. Also it says 'mera Ram Chand" so i think it is specifically referring to Ram Chandr. Any more help will be in great need.

Khalsa Ji

Professor sahib Singh's Darpan explains this shabad clearly. You can download Darpan pdf from www.gurbanifiles.net

Bhai Sahib I think i have understood it now i think its just a mistranslation of the english. Is the fradikot wala's translation of this passage also right. If you have time can you make a attempt at translating this passage into english.

I was going through the Bani of Bhagat Nam Dev Ji and came across this Shabad on Ang 973 i looked through in steeks and translations and vaykha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji and Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji and im still lost as to what this shabad means. To me its suggesting that Bhagat Ji prays to Ram Chandr instead of Ram. Please clear this doubt. If anyone has any other explanations please share them.

ਜਸਰਥ ਰਾਇ ਨੰਦੁ ਰਾਜਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦੁ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਤਤੁ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਜੈ ॥੪॥੪॥

Jasrath rā▫e nanḏ rājā merā rām cẖanḏ paraṇvai nāmā ṯaṯ ras amriṯ pījai. ||4||4||

My Sovereign Lord King is Raam Chandra, the Son of the King Dasrat'h; prays Naam Dayv, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||4||4||

Fridkot Wala Teeka: ਦਸਰਥ ਰਾਜਾ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਬੇਟਾ ਹੂਆ ਹੈ ਭਗਤੋਂ ਕੀ ਰਛਾ ਲੀਏ ਸੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਜਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਰਾਮਚੰਦ ਹੈ ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਕਹਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਜੋ ਸਾਰ ਰੂਪ ਰਸ ਹੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਾਮ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਰੂਪ ਤਿਸ ਕੋ ਪੀਵਨਾ ਕਰੋ॥੪॥੪॥

Khalsa Ji

The Faridkot teeka is saying:

The beta {son} of Dasrat Raja i.e. Sri Ram Chandar Ji was for the protection of Bhagats , my protection is provided by Swami "Raja RamChand" {the creator}. Nandev Ji says drink the nectar of the creator's name which is the sweet taste.