Guru Nanak Gudwara Smethwick Major Beadbi

Mandela

This has been discussed before, I stand by my opinion that the disabled, elderly and all others who can not physically sit on the floor should be able to sit on a bench or chair as long as it is lower than Maharaj SGGS Ji. I've noticed some people have an issue with those who can't physically sit on the floor, sitting higher than the sangat. As long as they are lower than SGGS Ji what's the problem? I have mentioned before the kirtani jatha's sit on a raised platform, the response was well they are spreading gurmat and imparting knowledge so we should show respect to them. This is true, BUT we should also show respect to those who can't physically sit on the floor. I mean majority of kirtanees can sit on the floor as they do on a raised platform, so those who want darshan of maharaj why can't they?

Only when you or one who is close to you can not sit physically or comfortabally without extreme pain on the floor, will you think that it's wrong. As long as the person is showing respect is lower than maharaj, then what is the problem?

OFCOURSE lazy, arrogant people should not abuse this. Satkar to dhandhan SGGS Ji is upmost. But just put yourself in the place of someone who wants to be in darbar of SGGS Ji but can't sit on the floor.

Please state why you disagree with this view, as someone does as they have -ve this post. I ain't bothered about the -ve but atleast explain why you feel my view is wrong.

If those chairs are disabled peope then it should be excused. But Gurdwaras should provide facilities which have well thought to accommodate the disabled community.

And lastly why does Mandela speak as the third man?

It'd almost like listening to 'Smiegel' from 'Lord of the Rings' speaking! Master 'Smiegel' wants the Precious!

Sorry Blud I'm jus playin!

WJKK WJKF

Thankuji Balait da sher, and Gurdssingh, ur posts have given me confidence to go to gurdwara more..

i dont wish to have these disabilities, because of my karms I am like this, I dont wish to sit in chairs in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahibji, but when I cannot sit on the floor the need will arise.

"

I always say to god, why cant i be like "normal" people and be able to sit for longer, be able to do this and that, cry to god, but its all my karms. And everybody is not "normal".

I noticed in the pictures that Mandela has put up, that there are people standing behind Guruji too and at the side, that doesnt mean they have less respect than those that are sitting down, they are not sitting either, in fact standing behind them. So i cannot judge how decide how Guruji wants me to be.

I am like this and try my best, but god has made me like this, sorry but i cant change myself.

Wjkk wjkf

i feel pity on your immaturity.

And no i dont understand because you are misunderstanding.

haven't got energy to argue with you. Rab da nau leleni, tade vangar lokha nu koi fedha ni samjone da ke sanu kio lor hai chairs di.

You expressed your opinions and i did mine as i will carry on not only for myself but for every disabled in the world.

I am not schooling you. Not my fault if you dnt understand others have views too and not everybody is like you.

I won't say sorry as nothing to be sorry about.

I will carry on doing gurujis darshan and if that means i need assistance with it so be it.

i had one Singh telling me that he felt that a disabled person must have done something wrong in their past life and is therefore not worthy of sitting in the Sangat of Guru Jee....Vaheguroo

I suppose Guru Nanak Dev Jee visiting people with leprosy and helping sure their disease is just a myth...fore they surely don't deserve mukhti?!?

I just wonder what Bhagat Puran Singh would think of these comments from Sikhs today?

WJKK WJKF

Look at wat Guru Harkrishan ji did, the sick were healed in their presence.

And Guru Nanak ji helping sick people is not a myth, they could do anything they wanted.

If god wants they can do anything, its all up to them. Not to people to say who is and who is not worthy of sitting in their presence.

Look out how much Bhagat Puran Singh ji has done, selfless service to humanity, "he would wander here and there finding the injured, physically handicapped persons, taking them to the hospital. He also took care of them as his pocket and capability allowed. Once, he even washed the clothes of an old, poor beggar who was suffering from diarrhea"

In 1947, Bhagat ji founded the institute called Pingalwara meaning "the home of the crippled" with a few discarded crippled or sick patients. The word "Pingal" means "Cripple" and "wara" mean "home".

From 1947 till 1958, Bhagat Puran Singh did not get a permanent dwelling. He could be seen outside the chief Khalsa Diwan, post offices, railway stations or under the tree outside the office of the Civil Surgeon. He would wander in the streets, asking for donations to help the needy. Some people offered to help him, but most of the others kept themselves from donating towards the noble cause.

At last, he founded 'The All India Pingalwara Charitable Society' whose annual budget at that time was 12.5 million rupees and got it registered. Even today, this institution, headquartered at Tehsilpura, Grand Trunk road, Amritsar, works for helping the poor, the diseased and the physically and mentally handicapped. He died in 1992.

This is now creeping into many Gurdwars, even Soho Road Nishkam Gurdwara now has chairs along the back of the darbar sahib.

People sitting infront of Akaal saroop Guru Granth sahib Ji is a definate no no, doesnot matter whether people are old or

disabled - either lower the floor at the back or place them in a separate room with a window.