Ban Removed On Sehajdharis Voting In Sgpc Polls

Singh, Mahan

Then lets make it so that a code of conduct is formed where you must furfil certain criteria to qualify to vote for these institutions (ie must be amritdhari not just keshdhari and you must NOT be allied to any government party and have the interests of Sikhi and Sikhs at heart).

Sure, seems likes a good idea to have non Khalsa be able to vote.. but how are we to check if they truly believe in Guru Sahib?

All someone has to do now is decalre I believe in the 10 Gurus and Siri Guru Granth Sahib and they are allowed to vote. ANYONE could come and say that and be able to vote. Any Hindu, Muslim, Christian, atheist.. anyone.

It's good only amritdharis are allowed to vote in SGPC elections, but think not all amritdharis have good intentions. Many who do not even look Sikh i.e. have hair cut have more love and sharda than corrupt so called Singhs.

I mean entrance of Darbar Sahib has qoutation refering to maharaja ranjit singh on the entrance I mean he was not an ideal Sikh but had true intentions and love for Sikhi even though he did not follow the rehat and did un-sikh things.

What annoys me is moneh even though those who have full respect etc. are treated as second class citizens in UK gurdwareh. But if theres a call for help its mainly moneh who answer i.e. UK riots - more moneh than Sardars, well hardly any Sardars around compaired to the ratio in normal times (some turned up but then went home at bedtime), and also UK census all denominations were asked to tick otehr and write SIKH, even those who married non-Sikh and have had kids.

It's good only amritdharis are allowed to vote in SGPC elections, but think not all amritdharis have good intentions. Many who do not even look Sikh i.e. have hair cut have more love and sharda than corrupt so called Singhs.

I mean entrance of Darbar Sahib has qoutation refering to maharaja ranjit singh on the entrance I mean he was not an ideal Sikh but had true intentions and love for Sikhi even though he did not follow the rehat and did un-sikh things.

What annoys me is moneh even though those who have full respect etc. are treated as second class citizens in UK gurdwareh. But if theres a call for help its mainly moneh who answer i.e. UK riots - more moneh than Sardars, well hardly any Sardars around compaired to the ratio in normal times (some turned up but then went home at bedtime), and also UK census all denominations were asked to tick otehr and write SIKH, even those who married non-Sikh and have had kids.

More moneh sahejdhari Sikhs volunteered their services to defend and provide security for the gurdwara's from attacks than keshdhari Sikhs thats true. Same in Shere Punjab most if not all those who fought on behalf of Sikhs were moneh. Singhs with paghs would get them knocked off in street fighting so understandable they dont want to get into these situations but it does go to show that when it comes down to protecting and defending the community from external physical threats its often the moneh that are ready to step up to the mark.

I believe this is because dastaar wearing Singhs have no confidence to fight, they feel vulnerable. Had they the legal right to use arms (ie the kirpan) there wouldn't be an issue. This is why guru ji gave us full authority to carry arms because as a dastaar wearing Singh you are more vulnerable to attacks than the ordinary cut hair guy. Carrying of arms was an evolutionary and revolutionary step that gave sovereignty back to the individual and saying to them you are a free person your own safety is in your hands and not dependant on the state powers (cruel and vile islamic mughuls and others).

Getting back to the topic as long as you have love for Sikhi and your loyality is with Sikhi no matter what come death or happiness then you should be given full rights to vote in decision making that affects the community.