Possible For German Sikh Girl To Live In Punjabi Sikh Family

SimranKaur235

:waheguru:ji ka khalsa, :waheguru:ji ki fateh,

I am german girl 29 years old, but alone in london. I feel only comfortable living with indian sikh family. In indian family (>50 years old).

Some familys are looking and offer one accommodation in their family house/flat, but they write for punjabi girls only.

WHat is the reason? because language?

Or is it because different cultural habits? because usually western girls have different habits which not suits to sikhs life style?

Its difficult for me. how could i prove that i also use to live more than a sikh than a western although i am a german.

If i would offer a room i think i also would prefer sikh girl (or punjabi/north indian girl as most ads decribtion).

And as i am urgently looking for accommodation in london (southeast), i also preferable looking for elder sikh family. i have problems with the non-sikh lifestyle and especially with the western lyfestyle.

But problem now for me is, that nobody would trust me, once i mentioned i am from germany, they give it up.

What do you think?

Shall i go on with my search, or is it hopeless?

:cook:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh ...

thts very sad ji...coz i have notice tht punjabi sikh ppl .. hardly adopt sikhs from other nationality ... as i am in australia i got my good sikh friend and she is an australian sometime i notice people hesitate to talk,share with her. Akali nihung vadhag singh ji from idonesian origin and am very close to him he also tell me about problem he faced from local australian punjabi sikhs when he was young ... which is not right and very sad too...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh ...

thts very sad ji...coz i have notice tht punjabi sikh ppl .. hardly adopt sikhs from other nationality ... as i am in australia i got my good sikh friend and she is an australian sometime i notice people hesitate to talk,share with her. Akali nihung vadhag singh ji from idonesian origin and am very close to him he also tell me about problem he faced from local australian punjabi sikhs when heho was young ... which is not right and very sad too...

:waheguru: ji ka khalsa :waheguru: ji ki fateh.......

ok. its sad for me. but i think it should not really be sad, because how shall they know that there is a german who have good habits. Usually european girls really go disco, party, have many boyfriends drink, smoking etc.

of course i would be carefully if i would practice and life a better life style. i just read the appartment annouce in internet, looking for room in london for share (and i use to search only for indian family).....daily i get some results, about looking for 'north-indian/punjabi/sikhgirl to share room in our house.

iam sure there must be reasonable reason why they only looking for indian, not for european, and i think it is not the language. because in london they can talk english like their native language punjabi.

so i think it must be because of the habits. as they expicitly point out only for vegetarian.

i am just afraid i will not have a chance to apply for their room as i am a german. i dont say that it is wrong from them, even moreover i am frustrated that european must have such a bad habit, that finally i have bad chance to live happy in an indian family.

I am sure that punjabi sikhs hardly adopt sikh from other nationality, but since after they know that they are really good person and real sikhs. but rent a room in their own house, before asured that they are really sikhs is a different thing, i think.

i just wanted to mentioned, because i am afraid i will not have a chance, but i still hope, that i am wrong only, and given a chance, so i that i will not give up my hope too early.

Why don't you apply and tell them that you are interested in Sikhi and it would be a good opportunity for you to learn the punjabi culture. Beaware though, typical Punjabi/Sikh families don't always practice Sikhi properly.

yes. i thought about that also. but then i thought, that it sounds like 'using, just for my own purpose'. that i dont like. i surely would learn the punjabi culture by sideeffect, by living in punjabi family, but that was not my intention. my intention is just feeling home and familar.

But you are right. if i am always too shy and reserved i would not have success.

Sorry to hear about your problem. You shouldn't take it personally, it's just that amongst many Punjabi families there is a widespread belief that western people are likely to go clubbing, drink and smoke and even start to bring members of the opposite sex home. Many Punjabis only have experience of the negative aspects of westerners, just as some Germans in say a small town in Germany would have all sorts of misconceptions if they saw a Sikh for the first time. Have you thought of contacting the local Gurdwara or if you in West London, the Sikh missionary society? They might be able to put you in touch with a family who have accommodation. The Shepherds Bush Gurdwara is also a good contact point because the Sikhs there tend to be more progressive. You can get the contact details of all these places by googling them.

Also have you thought of put an ad yourself on places like gumtree, in this you can put forward what kind of family you want to live with and the ones who respond are the ones who would like to offer you the accommodation? Viel Gluck in your search!!

why harsh?

harsh to whom`?

finally i mentioned that i love to live in a sikh home. so. harsh to whom?

to european? i didnt judge european at all. misunderstood?

. :ihazcookie:

Wales85 has made some comment which the moderators have deleted because it was felt to be harsh. The moderators comment is about wales85's post not your post.

Wales85 has made some comment which the moderators have deleted because it was felt to be harsh. The moderators comment is about wales85's post not your post.

yes sorry for that. i misunderstood it. i thought that was he written, so sorry i thought wrong about it.

and very nice from you for you help and your german 'good luck'

:ihazcookie:

and i can full understand the family who prefer indians only, exactly for the reasons you named. its sad but true about the 'most' europeans. its meaning even not bad or judging the european life style, but its just fact about clubbing and so, it is just no structure in their life, and so on.

have a nice evening