Please Help

laala gola

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

First of all I would pray that all users of this board..silent or active, get drawn closer to Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

I would kindly like to ask anybody who can help me in obtaining a photograph of the late 'Panth Ratan Sant Singh Ji Maskeen'.

I took a photo to my studio to be enlarged but as it was a very small photo taken from the net, it wasn't possible for them to enlarge any bigger than 8x10.

I would like a larger size photo (in megabytes rather than kilobytes) that I could enlarge to a size 20x24.

If anybody could help I would be so so grateful and may their sewa be parvaan. You could email me the photo to my private email address or if you know where I could buy say a framed one, please please let me know.

I was privelaged to have listened to Baba Ji's discourses and when they visited London, attended their katha programmes. They played a great part in bringing me closer to Sikhi.

AT the time I used to trim my beard and they said something in their discourse in London and I was immediately drawn to the power of their words and the gian behind it. I stopped trimming my beard and in the subsequent years took Amrit.

To this day my eyes fill with tears when I listen to Maskeen Ji..they were an ocean of spiritual knowledge and the least I can do is at least pay them some respect by having a photograph of them in my house.

Please help..

"To this day my eyes fill with tears when I listen to Maskeen Ji..they were an ocean of spiritual knowledge and the least I can do is at least pay them some respect by having a photograph of them in my house."

Laala gola ji, it is good that you have pyar (love) for the ocean of Brahm Vidya (Knowledge of God), Bhai Sant Singh ji Maskeen.

In my opinion veer ji, the best way to 'pay respect' to bhai sahib would be to listen to their katha, read their books and learn follow their teachings.

You do need to hang any photos in your house. Instead when you need darshan of a particular Gurmukh, just use the internet, thats what I do.

The highest darshan is darshan of Shabad Guru. Let our eyes have darshan of Gurbani as much as possible. I'm sure bhai Sahib would be more happy to know that you are listening/reading to his katha/books and reading/singing Gurbani rather than having a picture of them.

This goes for all Sants,Gurmukhs of all jatha's, taksals. Just my opinion.

Rabb Rakhe

'The highest darshan is darshan of Shabad Guru. Let our eyes have darshan of Gurbani as much as possible'.

Yes thats true.

However, looking at photos of Saints and Gurmukhs is better than viewing other photos such as of worldy people, wouldn't you agree? After all, God also gave us this physical body too and these eyes must serve their highest purpose of doing Darshan of Gurmukhs.

Just as viewing somebody like David Cameron or Tony Blaire, or Obama you get reminded of politics, by viewing photos of Gursikhs, one remembers the Lord.

"However, looking at photos of Saints and Gurmukhs is better than viewing other photos such as of worldy people, wouldn't you agree?"

Veer ji, I am not against doing darshan of Gursikhs. I think it is better just to use internet rather than putting up pictures of Gursikhs.

I feel that it is better just to do kamai of Bani and listen to katha/kirtan. We do pooja/worhsip of Gurbani and Naam.

Also I feel that bhai Sant Singh Maskeen ji would be more pleased that you listened to his katha, read his books and most of all increased your simran and paath rather than hanging his picture up. Maskeen ji remained a humble Gursikh all his life, he was never interested in promoting himself. He was just interested in doing parchar through katha and bought countless towards Guru Sahib. Internet is always available to us when we require darshan of Gurmukhs that have left this earth.

Ask yourself, would bhai sahib be more pleased if you did extra paath and simran or would they be more pleased if you hung up a picture of them? The answer is obvious.