Sant Bachan

Beginner

WJKK WJKF

Just a quick question. You know how some people go to mahaprushes in India and they may receive a bachan from them about how much paath to do? Well, I was just wondering how long those people have to do that paath for to reach God? any stories along with an answer will be greatly appreciated, thanks

WJKK WJKF

WJKK

WJKF

There is so specific amount. From what i heard from katha done by Giani Thakur Singh ji, he said a lot of mahapurukhs have done 101 japji sahib but again its a long shot. You should start with 5 japji sahib a day and work on you way up and if you start experiencing anand in doing paath and u can start living your life according to it, you will be on your way to God.

Thats all i know so i shared it with you.

WJKK WJKF

Just a quick question. You know how some people go to mahaprushes in India and they may receive a bachan from them about how much paath to do? Well, I was just wondering how long those people have to do that paath for to reach God? any stories along with an answer will be greatly appreciated, thanks

WJKK WJKF

WJKK

WJKF

There is so specific amount. From what i heard from katha done by Giani Thakur Singh ji, he said a lot of mahapurukhs have done 101 japji sahib but again its a long shot. You should start with 5 japji sahib a day and work on you way up and if you start experiencing anand in doing paath and u can start living your life according to it, you will be on your way to God.

Thats all i know so i shared it with you.

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear, I meant that AFTER those people receive a bachan from a mahapursh saying they must do this paath for however many minutes a day, how many days would they have to keep doing that paath which is told to them in order to reach God themselves? Could it even be a year? Thank you

My view is that just by reciting a certain Bani a certain amount of times does not make you "go to God". I believe (and I am using my ignorant mind here) that a total purification is required in order to merge into Akaal. This includes good ethics, love, compassion etc...

If a person who does not possess these qualities decides to mechanically recite a certain Bani or mantar without consciousness just for the desire to be with God, does that make it so? I believe Bani is like a main water pipe, and we all are like the faucets. Its up to us to open the faucet to let the Bani flow through us. Some may have it totally closed, some may be dripping a little, and some may have the faucet gushing with water. If we are not working on our positive qualities, and are full of ego, anger, lies, gossip etc...then is the faucet open or closed? Bani can help us acquire good qualities, only if we do it consciously. If we just make a routine out of it JUST to get Mukhti, will that make it so? I dont really know about any of this stuff...these are just my views (guesses)

Fateh jio

From the little that I know and have experienced..when a true sant or mahapurash does bachan to read certain baani for a certain time or certain number of times...if done as per bachan will only make u realise that u only want to read more rather than less once you have done as per bachan

We are commanded to jAp naam

With every breath and this would just be the start- then one begins to build avastha and get closer to waheguru as it is 'dhur ki baani'.

If you listen to katha by many kath vaachaks or brahmgiannis,you will hear them say do a jaap for forty days, or 125000 moolmantr or 25 japji sAhib a day to start on the ladder...but my point here is..it's a ladder....for a gursikh...ww need to continue increasing our commitment to baani and never to feel we are doing enough as one can never do ustat of akaal conpletetky as there is no end..

When one listens to sant bachan and does a jaap or even if it's of your own accord, guru Ji will show you something..some people get ridhi sidhis and then fall into s trap of using their powers but a true sikh will rise above this with only one aim which is to be blessed with brahmgiaan and then become one with waheguru

Fateh jio

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Whaeguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Until you dont lose your self..your identity..and become the shabad.

Until you dont get over dualities..until when neither thirst nor hunger can overcome your mind...until when you have no desire to sleep even 1 minute of the day or night..

until when the heat of the summer and the cold of winter has no effect on your mind..

The path is long my friend..its more sharper than the edge of a sword to walk on. 'Sikhi tikhi a khande di dhaar nalo'.

Until when the 18 Sidhis and 9 Rishis come to your feet and yet the extreme wealth and powers they promise is like ashes to you.

WHen somebody slanders you or calls you great, it has no affect on you and you remain steadfast in the remembrance of the ALmighty.

Become like the moth who saw the beauty of the flickering flame but never returned back to tell his comrades the beauty of the flame. In the morning they saw that he had become the flame...

Beginner ji!

This path of Gurmat is not easy. Its not that simple that you can do x amount of paaths and you can 'reach GOD', never!

Its not that simple. First of all we need to understand what is reaching GOD, what is mukhti (release,salvation) and what is SachKhand in relation to Gurmat then we can start walking the path, nevermind reaching GOD.

There is a difference of opinion on what SachKhand is. Some Mahaprakhs say that it an avastha (state) that we reach other Mahapurakhs say that it an actual Realm where Bhagats live and reside. I am in agreement with the latter. Whatever SachKhand is it is extremely hard to reach.

I would reccommend doing sangat of Gursikhs in your local area as much as possible. Just visiting a Sant does will not be enough. You have to do sangat of Gursikhs as well. If you want to have sangat of Sants then the best way is to do sangat of Gursikhs and do Kirtan and Paath together. Gursikhs that live according to bachans of Guru ji are sants, mahapurakhs, sadhu's. There are many Gurmukhs who have advanced to high stages but they keep it gupt (secret). There are Mahapurakhs living right here in the UK, just keeping doing sangat of Sikhs as much as you can and you will find them.

Start slowly with a few paaths and progress slowly. You must first try to get you mann under control first and concentrate on the dhuni (sound) of Gurbani and Naam. Their is so much information available. I would highly recommend you to read 'jail chittian' by bhai sahib bhai Randhir Singh ji. In this great book, bhai sahib describes his own journey towards GOD. It is available in English and Panjabi.

Here is a link to the first few pages of the book - http://gurmatbibek.c...12848#msg-12848 (note the book starts from around 57 pages onwards,although the introduction is very good as well).

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh