Sant Bachan

Beginner

Beginner ji!

This path of Gurmat is not easy. Its not that simple that you can do x amount of paaths and you can 'reach GOD', never!

Its not that simple. First of all we need to understand what is reaching GOD, what is mukhti (release,salvation) and what is SachKhand in relation to Gurmat then we can start walking the path, nevermind reaching GOD.

There is a difference of opinion on what SachKhand is. Some Mahaprakhs say that it an avastha (state) that we reach other Mahapurakhs say that it an actual Realm where Bhagats live and reside. I am in agreement with the latter. Whatever SachKhand is it is extremely hard to reach.

I would reccommend doing sangat of Gursikhs in your local area as much as possible. Just visiting a Sant does will not be enough. You have to do sangat of Gursikhs as well. If you want to have sangat of Sants then the best way is to do sangat of Gursikhs and do Kirtan and Paath together. Gursikhs that live according to bachans of Guru ji are sants, mahapurakhs, sadhu's. There are many Gurmukhs who have advanced to high stages but they keep it gupt (secret). There are Mahapurakhs living right here in the UK, just keeping doing sangat of Sikhs as much as you can and you will find them.

Start slowly with a few paaths and progress slowly. You must first try to get you mann under control first and concentrate on the dhuni (sound) of Gurbani and Naam. Their is so much information available. I would highly recommend you to read 'jail chittian' by bhai sahib bhai Randhir Singh ji. In this great book, bhai sahib describes his own journey towards GOD. It ios available in English and Panjabi.

Here is a link to the first few pages of the book - http://gurmatbibek.c...12848#msg-12848

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yes! Thats a fantastic book!

I used to read excerpts from the book in 'Atam Marg' which was published by His holyness Sant Waryam Singh Ji.

'Shabad Surt Marg' will also be beneficial..a book written by Sant Waryam Singh Ji of Ratwara Sahib. They were an amazing soul..

I have noticed that many Sikhs do not read books and have little knowledge of Gurmat concepts such as mukhti, Sachkhand, naam, simran..............

It is vital that Sikhs read as much Gurmat related literature as possible. Those that are serious about Sikhi will read Gurbani, arths (meanings), books as much as they can.

Many Sikhs chakk amrit and then just do minimum paath and thats it. Those that want to make progress will try to learn as much as possible from Gurbani, Sangat and Gurmat Books.

Its important that we make an effort by ourselves to attain knowledge not just rely on others, there is really no excuse now with sites such as srigranth.org and search gurbani.com.

I respect Sant Waryam Singh ji very much and it would be beneficial to learn from them. I personally am more inclined towards bhai Randhir Singh ji's books. Bhai sahib has explained concepts such as dasam duar, 5 khands of Jap ji, Naam, Simran and many other concepts in his books.

Its unfortunate that Sikhs are not reading as much as they should be.

Rabb Rakhe

vjkk vjkf I personally suggest you don't read bhai sahibs books. I've read them but I think they lack spirtually and concentrate only on rehit but rehit is also very important as well. Plus from reading other saint's books it shows that he wasn't a brahmgiani. His views are different.. Read sant waryam's books like one of the posters said. I think read the tika that sant gurbachan singh ji wrote. Then compare to bhai sahib writing. You will know what I mean...

But my no means am I disrespecting him, he was a JEWEL to the panth but remember one thing don't just read 1 book. Read many and compare with each other you will see some stuff is incorrect.

The first book I ever read was bhai sahib autobiography and to be honest I loved it but when I started to read other books then compare I found out that the stuff was not complete. Anyway feel free to read anything you want.

This was just my 2 cents.

Beginner ji

"I personally suggest you don't read bhai sahibs books."

Please ignore this statement from singh154 ji.

Read the pustak (book) yourself and make up your own mind. Read books from Sant Waryam Singh ji, Sant Gurbachan Singh ji, Bhai Randhir Singh ji...................all jathas, sampradaia's.

You can learn from all Gursikhs. All have something to offer.

Rabb Rakhe