Sangat Tv Jealousy

AKSANTALI

Sangat tv are arguing that d day shouldn't be happening because we have Akaal takht to deal with issues. They saying that we have dastaar day on April 13 and we dont need to to create awareness on 25 September at downing st, what are they asking us to do wait for a whole year accept disrespect for a whole year ? They are embarrassing themselves live on air whilst sikh channel are trying to get sangat together for this sangat are trying to break it up by scaremongering saying that supporting sikh Channel will create bigger problems for Sikhs in Italy and France HOW ?. It's pathetic how politics takes over every thing

Sangat TV what is your problem.

Before I start this post I just want to make it clear that I am not affiliated with any Sikh TV Channel. I am absolutley disgusted after listening to Sangat TV (yes a Sikh TV Channel) and specifically, Ranjit Singh (?) Rana over the last couple of days regarding their views on Dastar Awareness Day - the initiative by The Sikh Channel.

1. Rana and Co keep re-iterating that there is no issue and Sikh Channel are making a fuss over nothing.

All dastar wearing Sikhs living in the UK and Europe know that raising awareness of our Dastar can only be good for all Sikhs. It has been proven that there is a an issue at many European Airports which is why Dastar Awareness Day (25th September) was originally planned. I do not know of such as issue in the UK, although do believe that it is only a matter of time until such an issue arises. On a personal level I have regularly travelled to Edinburgh on business and have had my dastar "patted down". From my experience it all depends on the security personnel on duty which is why not all people get this issue. It is only a matter of time until we in the UK will be asked to remove our dastar. How can raising awareness on Dastar Awareness Day be a bad thing? How may issues have we heard of in previous years in Schools, work places, airports etc." This is a good thing and the event needs to encouraged.

2. They also have an issue the Sikh Channel calling it "D-Day".

This one's simple D is for Dastar and Day is for ... eh "day". What is wrong with calling it Dastar Day or D-Day? It's catchy and sticks in your mind.

3. Rana and Co believe that it is wrong to gather and peacefully protest on the 25th outside the Houses of Parliament.

My personal view on this is that such a protest is long overdue. According to Rana there is no issue in the UK. A question to all Dastar wearing Sikh's out there. I am a professional and work with a lot people from around the UK. The first time colleagues (gore) see you question's such as "What's that on his head?", "Is he a terroist?" go through their minds. Raising awareness through events such as Dastar Awareness Day can only be a good thing. The reason for the protest outside the houses of parliment is simple. We are part of the European Union and in this country political leaders can influence leaders and decision makers in other countries. Simple. The peaceful protest will raise awareness and hopefully will lead to this becoming a regular event that will attract media attention. Let's face it, following 9/11 many view Sikhs and Muslims as one and the same. As Sikhs we live in a world where day on day our own brothers and sisters are going away from Sikhi and cutting their Kesh. Reasons for this include peer pressure from colleagues and friends. Raising awareness and educating people can only help in making others appreciate the significance of our dastar and religion to us.

4. They believe this is not the job for a TV Channel

We are fortunate to be blessed with Sikh TV channels. Why can't they organise events to promote Sikhi? Let's face it, many organisations have failed in educating and raising awareness so why is this a bad thing? Only good can come of this. Many organisations have tried and failed to organise such events so let's give Sikh Channel a chance. Sikh Channel have managed to reach Sangat across the world and organise Dastar Awareness Day in many cities in Europe. No single organisation has the coverage or capability to do this. Again, nothing negative can come of this.

My final question is to Sangat TV. Are the views of Rana consistent with your views? If not I think Rana should be removed from the Channel as at the moment he is a detriment to Sikh's across the world. If these views are coherent with your views then you seriously need to think about the message you are putting across. This is definately not "Sangat" TV.

I do certainly hope that this is not a petty "Us Vs. Them" channel war because if it is, Sangat TV, you are pathetic.

I don't see the point miss _singhni_ of approaching them face to face as you have repeated in previous threads, when I have been told on the telephone if you don't like it don't watch it, it clearly becoming the case that sangat tv are being influenced by outside pressure from jathe or even government agencies to bring us thier own twisted version of politics, thank Guru Arjun Dev Ji Mahraaj that these kind of people can't twist bani. I'd think it would be wise if you went to sangat tv for us and expressed our views and that what people are really saying about them.

I don't want this to turn into a sangat tv bashing thread as I was won over thus week after thier antics at the riots when they broadcasted Sant Lullonwale, but it seems that they have a trend of doing something good then to go ten steps back.

Sikh Channel never slandered Sangat Tv when they filmed 25,000 muslims praying in the park, which gave a very dangerous message to our youth.

Also, Ranjit Rana studied at khalsa college and has a lot of knowledge and speaks well but everyone knows he has very good links with indian gov.

I was really disgusted after watching the Rana show last night and the one on Thursday night. It does not take a genious to suss out the roots of the so called 'Sangat TV', it's owners and the presenters. Look back into the history when ever there is a ray of hope that the Sikhs are getting together to fight for their rights or otherwise, there is infiltration from anti-panthic agencies and they have succeeded in their anti-panthic agenda by dislodging the campaign. I don't see anything wrong when anybody is trying to promote Dastar Awareness, whether its Sikhs or non-sikhs, we should all join together to play our positive role to enhance the awareness. After months THE REAL RANA is coming out of his hatch with his agenda of splitting the Panth. All I would like to say Khalsa Ji WAKE UP and only with the unity we can defy these PANTHIC NINDEKS

Why have Sangat TV waited until the campaign started to gain momentum that they decided to derail it. Come on Sangat TV how low can you go. It must really be hurting you if can spend two whole evenings knocking Sikh Channel.

Shame, shame on you, is this all you are good for. I am very saddened to see this.

I will be representing my dastaar on dastaar day as I hope thousands of others will.

Putting doubt in viewers minds, you will never be forgiven for this. Sangat TV please read about how the Sikh Raj was finished by the treachery of the Dogra's.....are you the modern day Dogra's ?????

Grow up and start to act like a Sikhi based channel with Ekta in your heart, what are you going to achieve by slandering and confusing viewers all across Europe.

For the last 10 years we have had increased discrimination because of 9-11, we have to stand up and protest. You keep saying that protest is a last resort and we have not exhausted all avenues. Please tell me what avenues are left. Everybody has tried and we have not got very far in 10 years. Now we have europe wide unity and we have a voice and coordination and you are trying to stop us having a voice.