Sangat Tv Jealousy

AKSANTALI

regardless of the animosity which posters on this thread appear to have towards sangat tv the truth is the majority of gurdwaras, councils and jathebandi's in the uk and italy do not support the d-day protest the main point being why protest at this point when discussions are ongoing and haven't been exhausted first

sikh channel is being offered a way out of the hole it has dug itself into for its own reasons - it can either take it and save face or be pig-headed and disregard all the advice it is getting and isolate itself further than it already has

Im totally on the side of Sikh Channel.

Main problem with Sangat TV is their support for Badal. How can they than stand with poticians of Badal! This traitor has caused so much damage to the panth.

I'm dissappointed in Sedgley St Gurdwara for organising a program where politicians from Badals part were praised.

The panth will never get Khalistan, freedom, justice with Badal. Simple fact.

Yesterday there was good a discussion show on Sikh Channel where youth stated that Jathebandis had been told in advance including Sikh Federation. Why has Sangat tv only bought up the issue now. What has it got do with them? They started this fight for no reason. If Sikhs want to show their pride for Dastar let them.

Not all of Sangat tv ios bad they show good programs including paath form Baru Sahib. There seems to be a minority that just want to cause trouble. I genuinely believe that some people from Sangat tv form the outset wanted to close down Sikh Channel which is wrong. The more Sikh Channels the better.

Neverthless, this recent argument between them does not reflect good on the panth. We need unity between channels not wasting time arguing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahegur Ji Ki Fateh

Just saw bit of speeches of Sangat TV anniversary program. Some of the proofs that its Badal supported:

Inderjit Singh Sangha was mentioned again and again and he was in the audience. He is Badal's party's UK head. Balihar Singh Ramewal was also present, he is Badal's party's UK youth head.

Akal takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh flew in for a speech. He was given free stage, not asked a single question on his role in containing SGGS beadbi in Punjab.Nor did he say anything about what is being done to control such incidents. It is no secret that Akal Takht jathedar is completely with Badal.

Ranjit Singh Rana who we all know about and his links with badal are not hidden in any way was managing the stage.

Kulwant Singh Dhesi said that Sikh TV has shut down in UK, Sikh channel is on the verge of shutdown so all sangat should save Sangat TV!!

Only thing I am concerned about is Bhai Joga Singh (AKJ) and Bhai Amrik singh Gill( Sikh federation UK)were also present , I give them benefit of doubt for now . May they just want to use every single media avaialble to them but they should clatify their stand regarding Badal's people and Akal Takht jathedar. If they were present there why didn't they ask Akal Takht Jathedar to be questioned live in UK.

Badal must be smiling watching all this thinking how he has managed to control sikh people even in UK from where there was quite credible threat to the wrong's he is doing. I really feel sad to see this state of Panth.

Few weeks ago at the Guru Granth Sahib Ji Beadbi Show Amrik Singh Gill and Joga Singh, both condemed Jathedars and Badal Akali Party for not taking prompt action, and stressed that none of these badal puppets should be allowed to speak/honoured in any Gurdwaras in UK. But yesterday both of them and Dhesi etc

spoke on the same stage and then sat in the Sangat to listen to the Akal Thakhat Jathedar. WHAT IS THEIR STAND???

Is it "awar updeasa aap na karah, awat jawat janmah merah", are they their to incite other people. If these are the people who are going to lead the SIKH QUAM, then RAB RAKHA..................................

Agree with Singh211. What sense does it make to have a protest when Parliament is shut on a Sunday? MPs won't even know the protest happened and it makes Sikhs look stupid, especially when our organisations, including Sikh Council UK, BSCF and Sikh Federation are already having ongoing discussions with the government on recent EU-enforced law changes which affect the Dastaar.

Sikh CHannel took this step to organise a protest without any consultation with Jathebandis or Sikh organisations, and it will waste a lot of energy. I'm not against protests, as have supported them in other contexts, but when protests happen, they should be coordinated with the Panth united, in order to ensure they are a success. This protest is not supported at all by the most active Sikh Jathebandiaan. Sikh Channel, it seems, are refusing to listen to our SInghs that have links with the Government ministers we need to influence. They seem to have an ulterior agenda too, otherwise they would have listened to the Singhs that actively know how to successfully lobby the Government.

Having said all the above, I have nothing against Sikh Channel, and any awareness raised on the Dastaar issue is better than none at all.

"Sikh Channel took this step to organise a protest without any consultation with Jathebandis or Sikh organisations, and it will waste a lot of energy."

SinghWarior ji this is false, jathebandis were contacted including Sikh federation. Can't you see that Sangat tv is just using this as an oppurtunity to attack Sikh channel? It so blatant.

I have no affiliation with channels and hope both continue to air. However it seems that sangat tv are using any opportunity they can to attack Sikh channel also how can they stand up for panthic issues when they are praising politicians from Badals party, in my book this is unforgivable, how can anyone who is genuinely panthic support Badal?

"Sikh Channel took this step to organise a protest without any consultation with Jathebandis or Sikh organisations, and it will waste a lot of energy."

SinghWarior ji this is false, jathebandis were contacted including Sikh federation. Can't you see that Sangat tv is just using this as an oppurtunity to attack Sikh channel? It so blatant.

I have no affiliation with channels and hope both continue to air. However it seems that sangat tv are using any opportunity they can to attack Sikh channel also how can they stand up for panthic issues when they are praising politicians from Badals party, in my book this is unforgivable, how can anyone who is genuinely panthic support Badal?

There is a big difference between contacting Jathebandis, i.e. informing them we are doing x and between engaging them in the planning, logistics, outcomes and follow up. I think it was the former for the Sikh Channel.

I have been told that those that have been in meetings with Government officals on this, that the UK government has been speaking to the EU and also minister in other Europaen countries, maybe someone can confirm?

Nothing wrong in raising awarness, however need to have all the facts, so if questioned by an MP, we have the answers.

Agree with Singh211. What sense does it make to have a protest when Parliament is shut on a Sunday? MPs won't even know the protest happened and it makes Sikhs look stupid, especially when our organisations, including Sikh Council UK, BSCF and Sikh Federation are already having ongoing discussions with the government on recent EU-enforced law changes which affect the Dastaar.

Sikh CHannel took this step to organise a protest without any consultation with Jathebandis or Sikh organisations, and it will waste a lot of energy. I'm not against protests, as have supported them in other contexts, but when protests happen, they should be coordinated with the Panth united, in order to ensure they are a success. This protest is not supported at all by the most active Sikh Jathebandiaan. Sikh Channel, it seems, are refusing to listen to our SInghs that have links with the Government ministers we need to influence. They seem to have an ulterior agenda too, otherwise they would have listened to the Singhs that actively know how to successfully lobby the Government.

Having said all the above, I have nothing against Sikh Channel, and any awareness raised on the Dastaar issue is better than none at all.

Very valid points...esp with Parliament being closed on a Sunday!

Of the 3 Channels, i prefer Sikh Channel but they really need to consult Panthic Jathebandia and coordinate with them before picking a random day to protest!