Sangat Tv Jealousy

AKSANTALI

Sangat TV management and presenters are full of hatred, i do not know what they are trying to achieve. The Sikh channel has had its ups and down, but has never done anything this low.

Sikh channel has always given everyone the opportunity and became the platform for the Sikhs and brough the Sikhs into MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Other channels have come and gone, other channels will come and go.

We have faith in our Guru and the Panth the Sikh Channel will always stay in chardi kala!

Sikh Council (UK) the 5th can issue as many statements as it wants, but needs to remember that if Sikh Channel never came into existance and bought all you guys together Sikh Council (UK) the 5th today would not exist.

I'm sure everyone can remember all the running about Sikh Channel did for this so called Council, and now look at them. No wonder half the Gurdwaras in the UK dont even recognise you.

Guru Panth Khalsa, I totally agree with you!

Sangat TV was setup, as everyone is aware with the backing and total support of Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ji and GNNSJ.

The waste of space people running it at present should be kicked out and Sangat TV be bought back to its original non-political basis on which it was started.

I saw a show on Sangat TV today where they explained why they are against dastaar day and how the efforts of unity with sikh channel have failed. I am sure they told things from their point of view . I don't care about people like Rana or whoever else is in Badal's lap or people like Dhesi who keep changing stands all the time and who are power hungry. But people like Amrik Singh Gill and Joga Singh who seem to have made lot of contribution to panthic causes seem to be showing their own egos, I might be wrong and I stil respect them but I have following questions for them. It will be great if they or any of the people close to them can answer following questions which I am sure lot of sikhs have:

1. even if Davinder Bal of sikh channel is an egoistic person, does that mean that everyone has to be like that?

2.If Davinder Bal's ego has resulted in better things why can't sikh organisations like federation take advantage of that and pursue this cause?

3.How can they ignore how Badal's people were all around during Sangat TV anniversary celebraton? How can they not know that if Akal Takht Jathedar can be flown in just for a speech at Sangat TV anniversary it is bound to have close links with Badal?

4.Why did they not boycott Akat Takht jathedar on Sangat TV anniversary even though they have been asking Sangat to boycott them all along?

5.Why did they not see any trouble in dastaar day when sikh channel started advertising about it months ago, why spoil it at last minute?

6.Even if they saw issues with it why couldnt they keep quite untill the event was over so that sangat is not divided?

7.Why do they think they are right in boycotting this event when people like Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke, Baba Baljit Singh Daduwal and various other leaders who know a lot about sikh issues are supporting it?

8.They call Davinder Bal egoistic, well he very well might be but are they not being egoistic themselves to spoil this event?

It is really sad to see UK Jathebandis divided but then such is politics and probably will always be.

All I know is that I have a chance to stand up for my Dastaar and no matter what anyone tells me I am going to be there.

Yesterdays Live show on Sangat Tv was an Absolute DISGRACE! I could not belive what was being said by the presenter and some of his panel. I held Mr Dhesi is high regards, but his attitude yesterday was the lowest of the low! ALL the hard work done by Sangat TV to date was washed down the drain. He was very rude towards Dr Gurna Singh, not giving him the oppurtunity to speak when asked to, he kept butting in. However he gave his resident panel members all the time they wanted. Is that how you would treat a fellow Sikh? Who was he to question the Sikh Channel about their financial status? Why did they leave it so DAM late to discuss this with the Sikh Channel?

If they wanted to cause a divide between the Kaum, they wanted to cause more anger between Sikhs, Then they just did!

Before anyone starts asking, I am no way connected to the Sikh Channel. Just a very Upset Sikh and the fact the way the handled the situation. They went against what Sangat TV was about. It's in the wrong hands NOW and Mr Dhesi certainly didn't help the cause.

Pull Chuk Maaf...... :waheguru:

I was about to cancel my subscription to Sangat TV after the 10th repeat of the Dr Jasdev Rai show. But then there was a change to the advertised programme, we had a comedy show on Sangat TV last night. Buf after the first 5 mins, they kept going over the same point and not getting anywhere.

The only intellectual on there was Dr Gurnam Singh and kudos to him for actually speaking his mind and stating how we move forward. He was the only one who made sense. Unfortuanately the host kept trying to stop him replying. It was abvious they did not want to hear anything constructive. It was two hours of "Lets bash Sikh Channel and Devinder Bal".

The people on there where all the washed out self appointed panthic leaders, who have made a career out of this. Its no surprise that no progress has been made in the last 27 years.

All the BS they come out with that there are no Dastaar issues in the UK. Its this ignorance of the issue which is the reason we have not progressed.

I'm a British Citizen, I get looked at with suspicion when I go through any airport. OK the big UK airports are OK. But why am I always singled out for security checks. We have to raise awareness. The so called advisers what have they done in the last decade. Why cant our panthic leaders understand this and convey this.

To get an idea of how much support these leaders have. Lets look at Dr Rai who stood as an Independent in the Southall by-elections in 2007. He managed to convincingly beat the err....Monster Raving Loony Party. Not bad considering he has spent a good 20 years being active in sikh circles in that area.

Virendra Sharma (Labour): 15188 (41.3%)

Nigel Bakhai (Liberal Democrat): 10118 (27.7%)

Tony Lit (Conservative): 8230 (22.5%)

Sarah Edwards (Green): 1135 (3.1%)

Salvinder Dhillon (Respect): 588 (1.6%)

KT Rajan (UKIP): 285 (0.8%)

Yaqub Masih (Christian): 280 (0.8%)

Jasdev Rai (Independent): 275 (0.8%)

John Cartwright (Loony): 188 (0.5%)

Is this the best we can do ??

I'm suprised all the big panthic leaders couldnt turn up to the studio. Its not like they have a day job like the rest of us. The khalistan/shaheedi fund has been very good for a lot of the leaders. Thats probably why they can live in ivory towers (literally) and not have a clue what happens on the ground.

If the leaders are crying because they fear they are losing support, then thats easy to fix. Do your duty as a Sikh, do whats right and what's in your heart. The Dastaar campaign isnt about secret government meetings. Its about using as much pressure as possible both the Dastaar day and the meetings with the government can both co-exist and are not mutually exclusive.

I'm going to Dastaar day because this issue matters to me and the next generation.

My fellow singhs instead of wasting our effort on how wrong sangat tv is now, let's focus on the next few days to promote and take as many people with us to this event, we can sort out sangat tv later, believe me I will make sure that sangat tv pays in way of apologising to the sangat in the mess and division and confusion it has caused.

My fellow singhs instead of wasting our effort on how wrong sangat tv is now, let's focus on the next few days to promote and take as many people with us to this event, we can sort out sangat tv later, believe me I will make sure that sangat tv pays in way of apologising to the sangat in the mess and division and confusion it has caused.

Agree with you 100%. After seeing the unsophisticated politics on Sangat TV last night, I feel more adament to ensure I personally promote the Dastar Day on Sunday. I'm not a fan of Bal and I'm not denying that Sikh Channel are aiming to get some brownie points out of this but I also fail to see the "danger" of the D Day that these self-manufactured , self-appointed, self-promoting sofa leaders were trying to convince us of yesterday. It felt desperate and embarrasing.

The UK Sangat are not stupid and can make up their own minds! We face identity issues everyday in our schools and workplaces from some of our kids being forced to remove their karas during school activities to difficulties wearing our kirpan in some workplaces. These are having to dealt with at a local level more than often NOT at a "national" jathebhandi/council level, contrary to what these leaders make the sangat believe on TV. If the Jathebhandi's really had any proactive clout with the UK govt. surely the sangat wouldn't have to tell them the issues bottom up. Perhaps it's time for the sangat to shake these delusional leaders up and represent their own voice.

See you all at D Day!

Sangat TV will never apologise to the sangat for all the slandering and hatred they have for Sikh Channel. The difference is so clear, as yesterday on Dilbag Singh's show on Sikh Channel many people phoned in saying they are disgusted that panthic gurdwara's like sedley st, east park road, etc will not send coaches (even thought the sangat are begging them). When these people named people like Rana, Chehru, Joga, Dhesi, etc Dilbag Singh told them to please not name people and slander them on Sikh Channel, as we don't want to fall to this level.

I pray and hope Dastar Day is a massive success and these self made leaders learn that the guru khalsa panth don't need them!

When Sangat TV filmed 25,000 muslims doing jooma in a park did Sikh Channel start slandering them?