Sangat Tv Jealousy

AKSANTALI

The parliament might be closed on Sunday, but media attracts attention 24/7, it might not be to the liking of jathebandia of sikhi, but the majority of Sikhs are not in jathebandia, we don't need permission of jathebandia to take the panth forward, as the jathbandia don't ask our permission to do what they want.

Why are jathebandia doing meetings in the background and then informing sangat at the last minute, it's been months since sikh channel have organising this event, then they take this opportunity 2 weeks before to cause confusion and disruption.

Gurmukh Singh from London who is not a great fan of any sikh media channel or even sikh jathebandia has already stated the following, and this is from soemone who had a senior position in the civil service in the UK.

.......No matter what my personal views, I shall be outside the Parliament with my better half on 25 September. I recall a senior (then shadow but now serving) minister advising a Sikh delegation, "Can you bring out 5,000 or 6,000 Sikhs to show that you have backing ?"

NO Sikh issue was settled without a demonstration in the UK. The Sikh tv channel opposing peaceful demonstrations to create dastaar/Kakkaars and Sikh identity AWARENESS with the intention of educating the public and the media, and to show Sikh lobby strength in a democracy, is wrong.

In a democracy, politicians expect demonstrations - a form of lobbying - to be able to make amendments to unfair legislation, rules and regulations.

Gurmukh Singh UK......

So stop using the lame excuse that Parliament is closed and its useless. Make all the excuses you want, if you are not prepared to stand up and be counted then you will have to live with that regret. We have a distinct khalsa identity, we have raised our voices for other religions. If we are now making excuses and not willing to stand up for our own rights then dont blame any one else. As Gurmukh Singh has pointed out demonstrations are a form of lobbying that is used in a democracy.

Sikh jathebandia should come forward instead of having this attitude that soemone has to invite them and then they will think about what they want to do and then each jathebandi will want to be the centre stage. Why cant we for once present a united front.

Is that too much to ask from Sangat TV and its supporters ????

Is Sikh Council promoting this event? I don't think so. We spend years saying we need an organisation which is democratic and represents all Sikhs. When we finally get one which is positively engaging with Ministers and MPs, and which is making a real difference on the ground, why is Sikh Channel effectively taking actions which will only undermine the Sikh Council?

How can the Sikh Council be credible when it makes the statement to government that it represents UK Sikhs, when one of the channels overrides it and does what it wants! We're all stuck in our own egos (including the Sikh Channel), and refuse to sacrifice our egos to represent a United front to government and MPs, which is what is BADLY needed.

Sikh Council was a way of uniting the Panth in the UK, but for its own benefit and publicity, Sikh Channel is refusing to listen to the Jathbandis and Sikh Council! People will turn up on the day, protest and leave, but it will be the sewadaars at Sikh Council that will have to pick up the pieces and seek to re-build the relationship that they are having to spend months to establish and develop! Sadly, it seems Sikh Channel is not interested in the longer term strategic agenda for the Panth, only short term publicity which promotes the channel.

British Sikh Consultative Forum General Sec Jasdev Singh Rai along with Bhai Balwinder Singh Chaheru did a programme on Sangat TV last night after Sant Baba Ranjit SIngh Dhadrianwale ji's diwan outlining why Sikh Jathebandiya are against the plans on the 25th September.

Bhai Rajinder Singh Purewal (owner of Panjab Times and General Secretary of AKJ UK) have also written in their editorial in this weeks edition why they are against the Sikh Channels plans of D-day on the 25th.

I can understand the emotions and frustrations expressed on this forum but the real reasons Sangat TV has stood up against the D-day are unkown to the general Sangat. I ask for everyone to refrain from slandering anyone untill the reasons are known and expressed to the sangat at the appropriate time.

Thinking so and knowing so are two different things, sikh council members will be present at the protest. I can't see how u can say the sikh channel are doing this for their own balle balle, when the situation affects us all as dastaar wearing Sikhs.

A few members from SCUK might attend. Ask the Executive Committee though whether they think D-Day is a good idea - almost all will likely say no, though they might turn up begrudgingly.

British Sikh Consultative Forum General Sec Jasdev Singh Rai along with Bhai Balwinder Singh Chaheru did a programme on Sangat TV last night after Sant Baba Ranjit SIngh Dhadrianwale ji's diwan outlining why Sikh Jathebandiya are against the plans on the 25th September.

Bhai Rajinder Singh Purewal (owner of Panjab Times and General Secretary of AKJ UK) have also written in their editorial in this weeks edition why they are against the Sikh Channels plans of D-day on the 25th.

I can understand the emotions and frustrations expressed on this forum but the real reasons Sangat TV has stood up against the D-day are unkown to the general Sangat. I ask for everyone to refrain from slandering anyone untill the reasons are known and expressed to the sangat at the appropriate time.

The only reason they are against it is because they are not at the forefront and did not have the initiative to start the campaign. We should question, why they are so against it? Usually, if one organisation does not agree with something they remain quite and let others carry on to ensure laws on our dastar are not enforced.

Most of these people are not our leaders and have there own political agenda. Yet again, Badal & Co are pulling the strings to divide the panth - same old story..

Attend Dastar Day if you think (with an open mind) it's good for Sikhs and don't take notice of the propaganda these 'sold out' leaders and sant channels do..

I have just watched the repeat showing of Dr Jasdev Singh Rai's discussion about Dastaar on SANGAT TV.

As a so called panth leader and gen sec of BSCF I am not happy with his comments and he needs to be brought in front of the Sadh Sangat and asked to explain the following:

1 He says that all is ok in the UK and therefore all is ok for sikhs that are UK citizens, and we should not gather in front of parliment. Does this mean that all is ok for us when we go to place like Italy?? of course not we will be asked to take our Dastaar off irrespective of us having UK citizenship

2 He has suggested that instead of gathering peacefully and showing unity we should take the MPS out to dinner and provide food and drink for them, as that is what they would prefer (ie wine and dine them). is this the new BSCF philosophy?? or is this what he has done in the past to get to become a so called panth leader??

3 He then said that most of the high powered people in London are members of 'Gentlemens clubs' - and that if we wanted to get them to listen to us then we should be thinking the same way as them??? So is he a member of a Gentlemens Club? is this another way that he has got to where he is?

it was mentioned earlier in this discussion that Sangat TV have a reason for being against Dastaar Day and that they are not jealous. Why dont they come out and tell the Sadh Sangat the reasons instead of repeating shows like Dr Rai's?

RE: Dastar Day

There is a serious issue regarding sikhs and turbans, and all sikhs should attend if they care about how sikhs (regardless of citizenship) are treated in european airports. sikh men women old and young experiance unpleasant experiances in european airports. I do not understand how any sikh person can be against the protest.

RE: Sangat TV

i have phoned sangat tv a few times to express concern over some of their actions..... they show no interest. they just wanto do what they want (anti sikh) and pretend they are doing it for the sangat. there are countless incidences where they have not considered the views, thoughts and feeligns of the wider sikh community and i will demonstrate real examples for you later. sangat tv does not represent uk sikhs. and in my opinion all sikhs should withdraw their support from this channel immediatly. i say this because they are in fact propagating an agenda that is not in favor of sikhs.

there are loads of issues with sangat tv. sikh channel have asked them atleast 3 times for support which they have not given. there is no harm in sikh channels supporting eachother.

there is some good that sangat tv do.... but unfortionatly the damage they cause outweighs the little good they do.