Snantism..

humgareeb

Inqlabi LOHRI is a HINDU festival, u have only wirtten half the story behind it, I will finish it off..

YOU said :

We celebrate Lohri to remember Dulla Bhatti (Muslim) who used to protect girls from muguls -

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

Dullah Bhatti was from a large RAJPUT tribe, full of Hindus and Muslims (consisting of Bhattis and other rajputs).

Dullah Bhatti led an army of Hindus and muslims to rescue Hindu girls that had been kidnaped by Mughals from HISt tribe and were going to be raped and forcefully converted to Islam by Mughals.

To save the honour of his tribe, Dullah Bhatti raised an army of Hindus and Muslims to rescue these young HINDU girls, as he valued what was right over wrong, and the izzat of his tribe.

When he rescued them, he oversaw thier marriages to HINDU men,of the same tribe, and when these women had their first son, they put a red tilak on them, as a mark of being a HINDU, and a rajput warrior who would help defend the tribe, and had a huge celebration where they distributed rodhia, almonds and made saag with makhi di rotti etc and sang tributes to Dullah Bhatti, SO in essence it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with todays sikhs.

Inqlabi LOHRI is a HINDU festival, u have only wirtten half the story behind it, I will finish it off..

YOU said :

We celebrate Lohri to remember Dulla Bhatti (Muslim) who used to protect girls from muguls -

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

Dullah Bhatti was from a large RAJPUT tribe, full of Hindus and Muslims (consisting of Bhattis and other rajputs).

Dullah Bhatti led an army of Hindus and muslims to rescue Hindu girls that had been kidnaped by Mughals from HISt tribe and were going to be raped and forcefully converted to Islam by Mughals.

To save the honour of his tribe, Dullah Bhatti raised an army of Hindus and Muslims to rescue these young HINDU girls, as he valued what was right over wrong, and the izzat of his tribe.

When he rescued them, he oversaw thier marriages to HINDU men,of the same tribe, and when these women had their first son, they put a red tilak on them, as a mark of being a HINDU, and a rajput warrior who would help defend the tribe, and had a huge celebration where they distributed rodhia, almonds and made saag with makhi di rotti etc and sang tributes to Dullah Bhatti, SO in essence it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with todays sikhs.

Great post, very informative.

YOU said :

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

I agree it has nothing to do with Sikhs and neither Holi nor Diwali .

We have Hola Mohalla and Bhandi Chhorh diwas.

Buy ur logic this should be celebrated by only Rajputs even not by all Hindus .

But Muslims Rajputs dont celebrate this festival .

And i still say it has nothing to do Hindus either .

And Musicman even i provide great info so one appreciation for me too lol

Please provide the panna please.

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 19

dIvwlI dI rwiq dIvy bwlIAin]

dheevaalee dhee raath dheevae baaleeani||

Lamps are lighted in the night of divali festival.

qwry jwiq snwiq AMbBwlIAin]

thaarae jaath sanaath a(n)bar bhaaleeani||

Stars of different variety appear in the sky.

PulW dI bwgwiq cuix cuix cwlIAin]

fulaa(n) dhee baagaath chun chun chaaleeani||

In the gardens the flowers are there which are selectively plucked.

qIriQ jwqI jwiq nYx hwlIAin]

theerathh jaathee jaath nain nihaaleeani||

The pilgrims going to pilgrimage centres are also seen.

hir cMdaurI Jwiq vswie aucwlIAin]

har cha(n)dhouree jhaath vasaae ouchaaleeani||

The imaginary habitats have been seen coming into being and vanishing.

gurmuiK suK Pl dwiq sbid smHwlIAin ]6]

guramukh sukh fal dhaath sabadh samhaaleean ||6||

All these are momentary, but the Gurmukhs with the help of the Word nourish the gift of the pleasure fruit.(6)

Thank you for sharing this shabad, diwali has nothing to do with Sikhs in that we celebrate it. Bhai Gurdas ji mentions people do these things but Gurmukhs are engrossed in Shabad. It is appropriate to do this shabad on diwali to remind people the Guru's Shabad is what a Sikh is engrossed in, not temporary things. (correct me if i'm wrong please)

:

gurmuiK suK Pl dwiq sbid smHwlIAin ]6] guramukh sukh fal dhaath sabadh samhaaleean ||6||

All these are momentary, but the Gurmukhs with the help of the Word nourish the gift of the pleasure fruit.(6)

Just because Diwali is mentioned doesn't mean Sikhs believe in it.. Lol. And it's in Bhai gurdas jis vaaran not SGGS.

Just cause bani mentions Vishnu, shiva, does it mean we believe in them? Maybe if you a nang actually.

But take the Shabad in the context it is written.. Bhai sahib is highliting rituals which were apparent in those times and as already said the gurmukhs are happy spending time reciting the true naam, which the essence of the Shabad, and not the lightning of candles etc