I Want Amrit!

Guest Singhni

Wjkk wjkf

I am 14 going to be 15 soon. Sikhi is my life and I will do anything even scrafice myself. The only problem is that my dad won't let me take amrit. i started keeping amritdari rehit like 2-3years ago and still going. I really want to be an amritdari, I want to give my head to Guruji. My mum also follows the rehit, just waiting for my dad.

My elder sister is an amritdari, she took amrit without telling my dad, when my dad found out, i have seen what happened. I am really proud of her for doing this. That day, I saw how strong amrit was. it was hurtful to see everyone arguing but my sister she proved me how strong amrit is. it just felt so good to see a lioness! It was really weird how my sister took amrit. She was a girl who loved dancing, being the prettiest girl, love being popular, when she suddenly changed, it made me want to change and follow that beautiful path that she was following. When she first wore keski to school, the next day I followed her, when she start doing nitem, I followed her. She was listening to a Katha in Darbar sahib, the person doing Katha kept sayin take amrit sangat. My sister couldn't control it. She didn't think about anyone else but just Waheguru.

Last year when i went Khalsa camp, the experience was speechless, i will recommend you guys to go Khalsa camp or Sikhi camp. Seeing the sangat there, made me want amrit more, each day i want amrit more, my thrist is growing and growing. But you know, feeling that thrist makes me love waheguru even more. Its so special.

I went to the Derby Samgam few months ago. I saw Singhs guarding a room with blessed people taking amrit. That day, I wented to just walk in and say I want amrit. I cried and cried,

I think i am going crazy in sikhi!

I want amrit and nothing else!

I don't know what I should do, when my sister took amrit my dad stopped talking to her, but they talk now with wahegurus kirpa. I am scared that if i took amrit without asking like my sister, My dad might stop us from going gurdawara, and I don't want to spoil my other sister and brother's life, as they also love sikhi.

My dad is not a bad person, he also wanted to take amrit before, but he just need good sangat to keep him up. I don't know how long I can wait anymore. I am just waiting for Wahegurus hukam,

Wjkk Wjkf

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, I no who you are ;)

... Dont worry jee, you will get amrit when it is written- Everything happens according to hukam. Maybe you still need to become even more solid in your sikhi.. and wait that bit longer. What you have/ feel is specail. Just keep doing ardaas jee- Guru Sahib is antar jammi ...

Please do ardaas for this moorakh too ..

Awww, I no who you are ;)

... Dont worry jee, you will get amrit when it is written- Everything happens according to hukam. Maybe you still need to become even more solid in your sikhi.. and wait that bit longer. What you have/ feel is specail. Just keep doing ardaas jee- Guru Sahib is antar jammi ...

Please do ardaas for this moorakh too ..

Really, where are yu from so I might know,

Its getting harder to wait even more, just waiting for akalpurkhs hukam so then I can become the daughter of Guru Gobind Singh ji after takin amrit. :)

waheguru, moorakh is me not you, i have probli done many bad deeds my last jamam, that I still haven't had amrit.

Guest RavindaSingh

Do it bhanji if its what your heart desires dont look back although you must respect your parents wishes howwever if it will be restricting your spiritual journey than you will have to take that chance which will help you....I also had this issue as my dad was against it and my mum was unsure my brother took amrit first and a year later i also took amrit and my parents have well basically started getting into sikhi alot it will benefit the whole family for the best....but try to avoid any conflict with your parents as they are still your earthly gurus and upsetting them is paap but do something which will benefit you all :D good luck !

trust me take amrit, out of my whole family im the only amritdhari person. even my mum was against it but i just told her few days before i took amrit ...so she never really had a chance to argue.....It Marag Pair Tareejai ||Sir Dejai Kaan Na Keejai ||

have faith in guruji he'll sort everything out

may waheguru bless you with amrit

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

• 4 months later...

i was in a similar position a few months ago, my dad didnt want me to take amrit either. just keep asking him for his permission, and keep telling him how much you want to take it. tell him there is an amrit sanchar coming up in february and you really want to take it and u feel ready for it.

i would advise not to take it against your dads will, for now anyway. keep asking about february amrit sanchar (there are a couple) and see what he says.

it took me about 6 months to get my dad to say yes lol

Guest KopSingh

wow, why is your dad against it? ive heard this so many times from ppl that there parents dont chat 2 em coz they r against their child takin amrit. kinda bafflin, try tellin this to the parents whos girls have run away from home, they wud love 2 have kids who r into sikhi like u.

i myself am a mona who probably wil never take amrit if im honest, meat/girls are stumbling blocks for most ppl

Guest Singhni

VJKK VJKF, GO to to the gurdwara and take ur gutka sahib aswell and do some paath and do an ardaas near the SGGSJ to take Amrit, but you need patient thats the way of the khalsa patience.... And do as much seva as u can Fateh!

:biggrin2: Waheguru, Dunt know how long I can be patience for... :surrender: