Harmonium Notes

Jonny101

On the following site:

http://www.gurmatsangeetproject.com/Pages/BasicSyllabus.asp

They have a Gurmat Sangeet Study Guide. I'm trying to learn Kirtan from that site, but I can't seem to find where the notes are located on the Harmonium. I know where notes are located if it was written in Punjabi, but they have their study guide in English(click the Notations). So can someone please help in finding out where their notes are located on the Harmonium.

Or the very least can someone help me find their Harmonium notation diagram. I can't seem to find it on their site.

http://www.learnkirt...ard%20Cover.pdf

Came across this a while back. You can take a look at it and get an idea etc, however if you want to learn keertan in the correct way it's best you find an ustaad, someone who knows real keertan.

Thanks for the book. It's excellent. But I am getting help from a person who knows kirtan. I thought if I could also study from an online guide, then I could get ahead and learn faster. Just as learning kirtan is a must for a Sikh, similarly to learn kirtan an Ustad/Teacher is a must.

agreed with above poster, harmonium came about while the british were still in india, its a much easier form of learning kirtan, to learn kirtan the true it is good to start with string instruments such as, dilruba, taus, saranda, sarangi, or rabab, and instead of tabla jodi