Sikh Council Uk Statement On Sikh Channel'S D-Day

singh211

dastar day is organised by sikh channel and benifits and unites sikh community across europe – ALL OF A SUDDEN sikh council release a statement against it and critise the sikh channel for it....

Maybe my understanding is not that good, but i thought the statement critised all the Sikh media and it has left it individuals to decide if they want to go or not. If SCUK were against then they would have told their members/people not to go, please correct me if l am wrong

dastar day is organised by sikh channel and benifits and unites sikh community across europe – ALL OF A SUDDEN sikh council release a statement against it and critise the sikh channel for it....

Maybe my understanding is not that good, but i thought the statement critised all the Sikh media and it has left it individuals to decide if they want to go or not. If SCUK were against then they would have told their members/people not to go, please correct me if l am wrong

scuk would like to give this impression. they have made a clear distinction between sangat tv and sikh channel. the whole statement has an anti-sikh channel and anti dastar day tone. i must say, ALL sangat i have spoken to (in london and midlands) are in support of dastar day. i really cant see how any person can be against it. the reasons given in the statement were pathetic to say the least.

I have huge suspicion that sangat tv, sikh council and akal takht jathedar are powered by one man; BADAL!

Sikh Channel is a huge threat to indian gov because they expose them regularly like elections, mohali incident, ludiana khand, etc.

Baba Baljit Singh from india even phoned in yesterday live on Sikh Channel asking us all to attend so who needs these pointless press releases at this stage..

Surly the lateness of this statement diminishes it’s proposed value or credibility! Again, why was this not communicated several months ago by SCUK? Timing is questionable. Whilst I can appreciate SCUK’s comments, the timing of the release gives the impression that it’s an influenced slanted statement.

There was a programme on Sangat TV yesterday with Mr. Dhesi, Joga Singh etc. etc. "D dastaar Day", and a similar on SikhChannel. Mr. Dhesi and group were urging 2 JatheBandi's to group together, I was unable to understand the whole context as I am late entrant to this topic. Can anybody list chronologically the list of events, and why and for what purpose there are 2 JatheBandi's and why 2 Channels are on clash again?

I have one beanti to everyone going on about people being 'anti sikh channel' or 'pro badal'... Please just stop, think and maybe research a little bit before making judgements.

The dastaar issue at airports came about middle of last year, at which point sangat pushed by jathebandies such as Sikh Federation mass lobbied their MPs and the issue was raised at Government levels. When the Sikh Council came into being, they then took lead on this issue and progress had and still is being made not only in the UK but also within Europe and Internationally. So there have been people working at very high levels for many many months and progress has and is being made.

The dastaar issue again came into the limelight with the incident in Italy. Sikh Council were notified and quickly spoke to key high level people to resolve the issue.

So talks are happening at very high levels at UK/European levels and progress is being made. Yes, time is being taken but UK/European law can't be changed overnight and things are moving in a good direction. So, when positive changes are happening, to then hold a 'D Day protest' is silly. If the UK/European weren't listening to us, then a protest would be fully justified but when Governments are working with us and progress is slowly being made, why protest? Doesn't make sense at all. And I have heard this same view from various organisations including the Sikh Council from when Sikh Channel decided to market all this.

Sikh Channel having now consulted with many other organisations have also realised this and have began changing the focus of 'D-Day' to become a Dastaar awareness event rather than a protest to limit any negative effect this may have.

I have huge suspicion that sangat tv, sikh council and akal takht jathedar are powered by one man; BADAL!

Sikh Channel is a huge threat to indian gov because they expose them regularly like elections, mohali incident, ludiana khand, etc.

Baba Baljit Singh from india even phoned in yesterday live on Sikh Channel asking us all to attend so who needs these pointless press releases at this stage..

Is this the same baba ji who was recently reorted to have had a meeting with Sarna (photo in Des perdes recently)

I have one beanti to everyone going on about people being 'anti sikh channel' or 'pro badal'... Please just stop, think and maybe research a little bit before making judgements.

The dastaar issue at airports came about middle of last year, at which point sangat pushed by jathebandies such as Sikh Federation mass lobbied their MPs and the issue was raised at Government levels. When the Sikh Council came into being, they then took lead on this issue and progress had and still is being made not only in the UK but also within Europe and Internationally. So there have been people working at very high levels for many many months and progress has and is being made.

The dastaar issue again came into the limelight with the incident in Italy. Sikh Council were notified and quickly spoke to key high level people to resolve the issue.

So talks are happening at very high levels at UK/European levels and progress is being made. Yes, time is being taken but UK/European law can't be changed overnight and things are moving in a good direction. So, when positive changes are happening, to then hold a 'D Day protest' is silly. If the UK/European weren't listening to us, then a protest would be fully justified but when Governments are working with us and progress is slowly being made, why protest? Doesn't make sense at all. And I have heard this same view from various organisations including the Sikh Council from when Sikh Channel decided to market all this.

Sikh Channel having now consulted with many other organisations have also realised this and have began changing the focus of 'D-Day' to become a Dastaar awareness event rather than a protest to limit any negative effect this may have.

firstly i am glad you have accepted that the dastaar / airrport issue has been goin on for well over a year and has not yet been resolved. This in itself speaks volumes considering that Sikhs use European airports on a daily basis.

If discrimination against Sikhs is in airports, do you really think it is not taking places anywhere else?

D Day should have a focus on airports, because that would set a standard that the Dastar is respected in airports, and therefore should be respected everywhere else.

There is certainly a need for dastar day, as most people do not understand that the dastaar is not just a piece of clothing, or headwear that can be fingered up and removed point blank.

Dastar day is not silly... it shows that regardless to whether or not the airport issue is resolved; there is a fear of the sikh turban. when muslims cried "people are anti islam" a new term was and is used across all media even today : "islamophobia"... and the message is that this "islamophobia" needs to be combated.... this is because muslims were and are united on the issue.

in addition to my points above, - you have put emphasis that the protest, or gathering or whatever you wanto call Dastar day may have a negative impact.... however you failed to explain how....