Sikh Council Uk Statement On Sikh Channel'S D-Day

singh211

sikh council uk had to give this public statement at this late stage because the public/members of the sangat and sikh channel demanded it. It was not the intention of the Sikh council to engage in divisive politics. However, the Sikh channel came forward and organised an event and Instructed the Sikh council to take the lead on it. This is wrong as the Sikh Council needs to maintain its independent desicion making and should not be dictated to by the Sikh Channel.

Also it was creating confusion amongst the sangat as to who was behind this event and the degree of Sikh council organising it.

Conversely, this opens up the debate as to what the actual role of the Sikh channel is. Is it to cover events organised by jathebandian? Or is it to organise events in the first place? What is the role of media in general? You have to be very careful here and decide what role you want or think that a media channel should play.

I wonder if people realise that the date of the protest is a poor choice for a start as noone will be in parliament at that time lol. I wonder if Bal at Sikh Channel thought about that before he coined his dramatic D-Day.

Can someone remind me why exactly should the Sikh Council be dictated to by a TV channel to take the lead on an event which was not organised by them and is doomed to fail for so many reasons?

As mentioned above, the position statement was released by the Council because they were under pressure to declare their position, and for no other reason. Actually the Council has shown alot of maturity and has tried to be impartial. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the TV channels and some of the leaders of constituent jathebandian.

Dal Khalsa UK alongside the wider Dal Khalsa International ,fully suppports D - DAY,Dastaar Day & condemn the disgusting antics of Sangat TV & each and every single Jathebandi or so called 'Sikh Leaders' who appeared on Sangat TV to oppose D - DAY.Those groups/individuals who appeared on Sangat TV are out there for Self Glorification ,forget Self Determination for Khalistan.

This is the reason why the UK Sikh Community is so dis-connected with Panthic Causes - due to these rich old lazy men always wanting to take the lead,as well as impress their masters sitting in Panjab - ie: Parkash Badal - Badal Dal.All of those who appeared on Sangat TV have open links with Badal and are now open about it after the Sant Samaj alliance in the recent SGPC elections.These fake Khalistanis got upset due to the fact that they did not get to put their name on the entire event so now they try to sabotage it by all running to the Badal Backed Sangat TV ,even the Akal Takht Jathedar was flown in for the occasion.

Leaders and Groups like those on Sangat Tv opposing D Day need to get their acts together or get out of the way and stop holding the Sikhs in the UK at Ransom.The select few rich powerhouses behind Sangat TV and those who claim to be Sikh Leaders have held us back for long enough its about time the UK Sikhs showed some people power and got rid of them.

Shame on Sangat TV for continuing their hate campaign & shame on those leaders/groups who not only have tried to derail D Day but have caused more divisons in the community.Not a surprise that in the last 27 years we have managed to achieve almost nothing in terms of Sikh Freedom as we've always left it to these useless people to take the lead, well its about time things changed.

Power to the real SANGAT!

Respect to Sikh Channel for going ahead and not being put off by such haters

The Sikh Channel has done more good in the last few years for Sikhs than any group in the last 30 years. The Indian Govt were shocked by the June 84 demo in London this year, the increase in numbers was due to the Sikh Media. Hence you get all the people and their payrooll trying to split the Sikhs and destroy the media. Sangat TV has shown its true colours over the past few weeks and evryone knows who its backers are.

I have tried many times to call Sangat TV over the last few days to find out why they are dividing the panth and how the panth will not let them succeed - got no answer! Instead, I have had to complain to OFCOM;

Dear Alistair

I was very disappointed and disgusted with the language used on sangat television on Sky 847 yesterday and on Tuesday night at approx 8pm. There was a group of men who seemed to be slandering the campaigns of another sikh television broadcasting station known as the Sikh Channel (Sky 840). They openly used their name and attacked without holding back. Please can you look into this recording as I would also like to have a copy of this footage asap.

Kindest Regards

Mr Sukhjinder Singh Mann

--

Please send complaint to: Alistair.Hall@ofcom.org.uk

I wonder if people realise that the date of the protest is a poor choice for a start as noone will be in parliament at that time lol. I wonder if Bal at Sikh Channel thought about that before he coined his dramatic D-Day.

Can someone remind me why exactly should the Sikh Council be dictated to by a TV channel to take the lead on an event which was not organised by them and is doomed to fail for so many reasons?

As mentioned above, the position statement was released by the Council because they were under pressure to declare their position, and for no other reason. Actually the Council has shown alot of maturity and has tried to be impartial. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the TV channels and some of the leaders of constituent jathebandian.

Was it really impartiality or was it the case that SCUK sat on the fence for so long they got splinters!

What annoys me is the illusive bureaucracy and politics that our prabhandaks construct around issues which feels like an attempt to bewilder the sangat. Yesterday Shingara Singh Mann from Paris called the Sikh Channel to give a clearer picture of the situation in France which he claimed was contrary to the rosy picture Joga Singh mentions on Sangat TV. Another Sikh whose son works in East Midlands airport called in the Sikh Channel about the situation there with removing turbans during searches. Compelled with local issues regarding the Sikh Identity suffered by the normal Sikh on the street, why are the jathebhandis/councils so hell bent on demonising an event which can unite, uplift and give Sikhs a feeling of involvement!

Last night I was at our local Gurdwara and we were asked to arrange a thaan of dastaar material so that we could tie dastaars on kids who will be attending the D day on Sunday. A Bibi asked my Singhni if she will tie a Dastar on her for Sunday. What’s wrong with this?? Tell me please..?? So it’s a Sunday and maybe there will be only a few MPs there, but thousands of normal Sikhs are willing to show unity for the Sikh Identity. If anything it brings our community together and perhaps inspires someone to wear a Dastaar for life! This has gone beyond the Sikh Channel/D Bal issue now...I’m sorry for my simple outlook on all of this.

We need to have them high level meetings (and I am so glad to now know these are taking place) but also give the opportunity for the Sikh on the street to feel involved too, we're not as naive as Sangat TV make us believe and are equal emotional stakeholders in Panthic masle! Perhaps our jathebhandi’s feel undermined by all of this…

Its taken this long to finally get some answers as to what is actually happening at government level. Whats the point of having a meeting on the 24th where the so called advisers will provide an update.

It is too little too late. This is the reason why the panthic leaders are embarassing themselves. Because the sangat have got fed up with all the hidden agendas and secret meetings.

The so called panthic leaders are deliberately doing this to avoid having to book coaches. They are not mobilising the sangat who are left to make their own plans.

Its taken this long to finally get some answers as to what is actually happening at government level. Whats the point of having a meeting on the 24th where the so called advisers will provide an update.

It is too little too late. This is the reason why the panthic leaders are embarassing themselves. Because the sangat have got fed up with all the hidden agendas and secret meetings.

The so called panthic leaders are deliberately doing this to avoid having to book coaches. They are not mobilising the sangat who are left to make their own plans.

These 'so called advisors' and 'so called panthic leaders' are working hard for us, the sangat. Recently we have been asked to join, serve and help in the form of the Sikh Council UK sub-committees and the more recent Sikh Federation UK sub-committees. Have you joined?

Seems to always be plenty of talk generally (me included) but a lot less who actually do anything. Dhan are those sevadaar who give their time, dedication and commitment for the Panth.

The fact is that there is a trial going on at the moment across 17 UK airports which will very likely result in posstive Dastaar related procedures being implemented. As the UK contains the highest percentage of Sikhs than any Eurpoean country, EU states look to the UK when it comes to Sikh related policies.

This whole dastaar day in the UK is a complete red herring. The fact is that the UK government have been bending over backwards to help the Sikh community in regards to the 'Respect For The Sikh Turban at UK Airports' issue. And for all their hard work the thanks we give them is a large awareness day outside Parliament, when one isnt even needed! They are already aware! However, Europe is another matter, in order to have the UK Sikh airport policies implemented in Europe, it is very worth while having these awareness get togethers there.

Dal Khalsa UK alongside the wider Dal Khalsa International ,fully suppports D - DAY,Dastaar Day & condemn the disgusting antics of Sangat TV & each and every single Jathebandi or so called 'Sikh Leaders' who appeared on Sangat TV to oppose D - DAY.Those groups/individuals who appeared on Sangat TV are out there for Self Glorification ,forget Self Determination for Khalistan.

This is the reason why the UK Sikh Community is so dis-connected with Panthic Causes - due to these rich old lazy men always wanting to take the lead,as well as impress their masters sitting in Panjab - ie: Parkash Badal - Badal Dal.All of those who appeared on Sangat TV have open links with Badal and are now open about it after the Sant Samaj alliance in the recent SGPC elections.These fake Khalistanis got upset due to the fact that they did not get to put their name on the entire event so now they try to sabotage it by all running to the Badal Backed Sangat TV ,even the Akal Takht Jathedar was flown in for the occasion.

Tell me this, is having an personal links with the Sarna brothers any better?!? Was is not Manmohan Singh of Dal Khalsa UK not accompanying Paramjit Sarna at last years Parkash program? Where's the proof that Sikh council(UK) or Sangat TV have any direct affilitations with Badal - any illiterate can make up random accusations...where is the proof?

However, 1000's, including myself, saw Manmohan Singh (Dal Khalsa - UK) come into the divan & leave the divan at Parkash with Sarna (the congress puppet).

Sarna is no better than Badal!