Sikh Council Uk Statement On Sikh Channel'S D-Day

singh211

The dastaar issue is close to resolution within the UK. There is currently a trial going on at 17 UK airports. My MP, Jon Ashworth MP is actually visiting East Midlands airport next week to see how things are going. After the trial, the newly tested policies will be adopted within the UK. So yes, this is a giant leap, and the issue is close to resolution. Good work Sikh Council!

We've probably got more effective communication on this thread about what's been happening in the background regarding the Dasaar issue than anywhere else in the last 6 months. We need to make sure there are no "chinese walls" in our community which gives rise to the misunderstandings that have materialised over the last few days.

And if SCUK are having an AGM on 1 October 2011, a suggestion that all naujwaan now attend and represent themselves at this AGM. It's time for all the passion/energy/skills to be utilised and voices to be heard. Humble benti to SCUK, please advertise this AGM and make it open to the whole sangat. All misconceptions need to be mitigated and bridges have to be established... We can't carry on with these ambiguous opinions of each other.

Good suggestion Pyara in your final para above. Sometimes what may seem like blatant incompetence may actually be the best and sincere efforts of our elders, simply due to the resources they know how to utilize.

If we want to change things, we have to grab the bull by it's horns. I genuinely believe that naujawaan too easily walk away when the going gets a bit tough. If the elders mentioned have let us down in the past, it's up to us naujawaan to create the next generation of leaders, which can work collaboratively with the elders, but in the direction we want.

If every Sikh took the advice/gist of the last two posts on this thread then Sikhs would be the rulers of themselves, rather than being ruled by non-Sikhs!

Question is, how many of us will now learn to make that difference?

The Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Jews have their own countries and self rule, they all rule themselves. It is only the Sikhs, the 5th largest religion in the world, that does not have it's own country, or self rule, and therefore the Sikhs have to be ruled by somebody else (non-Sikhs).

I wonder why we are the only ones in this situation?

Will we wake up?

News has just been released that Sikh Council UK & Sikh Federation UK have secured Dastaar rights with the Italian Embassy. Congrats. Now, watch Sikh Channel try and take the plaudits for this.

Also, i dont know how many people watched that joke of a propoganda show on Sikh Channel yesterday but it was a total disgrace. No wonder our own people have no respect for sikhi when people go on tv and slate sikhs and jathebandiya like was being done on the show yesterday. How they were speaking about respected sikhs was disgusting.

If Sangat TV wanted to stoop as low as Sikh Channel, they would send their camera crew to the D Day tomorrow, film a clip of a rogue singh throwing a brick at a policeman and broadcast it on their channel as "Protest erupts into violence" maybe even giving the footage to the met police and changing their facebook status to a message wishing bad on all singhs present. Take a look at the following link to know what im on about;

http://panthic.org/articles/5358

THEN they would be being treated like they treat others. Im also curious as to how Sikh Channel will report incidents of violence (God forbid any actually occurs - i hope not). I mean, they made a gathering of a couple hundred sangat doing kirtan and simran at dudley sound like the battle of hastings, what do they perceive happening by gathering thousands of people at a protest in central lonfon called D Day?!!

I keep thinking that this time theyve bitten off more than they can chew. Their hunger for exposure and mainstream fame is too big for their stomachs. This will not pull off like they need it to.

My friend, i didnt mean to imply that all Sikh Channel do is spread hatred. I would not have used those words myself, but Paneer monster seems to think that i am spreading hatred about Sikh Channel in my post above. Now, is posting a link in which there is a print screen of hate being spread by the official Sikh Channel facebook page evidence of me spreading hate?! I merely stated fact.

And in relation to D Day, you either havent been watching their live shows on the channel or you dont understand punjabi. The way they degraded respected individuals and jathebandiya with taunts of "i know their history, i will tell their whole story on here, there was a time when they were begging me and calling themselves dogs" (or words to that effect)....now, that is what i would call spreading hate. Somewhere along the lines, their tactic changed from positively promoting the D Day through dialogue, to belittling and slandering the people who were not supporting it. I.e. Sikh Council UK, Sangat TV, Sikh Federation, and all other Jathedandiya.....

Its nice to see so many Sikhs have used their own initiative and attended today. There is a fairly good turn out. However, i see hardly any youth. In comparison to elders and mostly bibiya. This just makes me believe more firmly that what Sikh Channel did regarding Satkaar Campaign and the Dudley saga and the Youth show has really alienated them.

The jathebandiyan and sangat tv started all of this. If they didn't agree they should have stayed quiet.

Instead sangat tv initiated the fight by doing shows hosted by Rana slandering sikh channel.

Sikh channel had to defend itself against these attacks from sangat tv.

I have no affiliation with any channel but if sangat tv had stayed quiet this problem would not have arisen.

Both channels are guilty of name-calling/slander.

Anger boiled over on both sides and unfortunately a huge spit has emerged.

I hope that this split is temporary and not permanent.

Sikh Channel discussion show the other day was the worst thing ever, before that it wasn't that bad because presenters are normally unbiased and don't let panel or audience take it too far, but this time Sikh Channel presenter was involved and watched, along with Dadu Wala. That is what made it worse. At least it's all finally over now.

Not that much Sangat has turned up at d-day from the looks of it. Definately no where near the amount of Sangat that turns up to the June event, it's like 15% of that, but that doesn't matter. Speeches are all mostly in Punjabi as well and doesn't look like much awareness is being created at all. However, a good effort by Sikh Channel and good work. At least the event has happened peacefully and it is all good and at least Sikh Channel made an effort to do something (although perhaps not the right approcah in my opinion, but that is my opinion). Hopefully everyone can work together in the future and everyone will be freinds again now!

Also, unfortunately "Bob Singh" (nornally with "Kamalroop") of the anti panthic Niddar Nang crew managed to get the opportunity to speak on the stage, that was very dissapointing!

Rest were okay I think.