GORAE doing guru sahibs beadbi (UK)

Mkhalsa

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every one please Sign this Petition

Pass the word around email Friends and family, Tell the WORLD. WE need the SUPPORT. PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

http://www.petitiononline.com/beadbi04/petition.html

Good work Sikhi, we should have done this earlier.

Only 60 names on the petition so far. Come on Sangat ji, we can do better !!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Could someone please explain to me how putting the picture of the Puratan Bir on this discussion Forum where I can quite clearly read the Jap Ji Sahib is NOT Be-adbi, but for the British Library to put on the display IS be-adbi? As far as I'm concerned, the image I saw was only two glass display cases away rather than the one that the photographer saw.

So is it OK for members on this forum to have their own personal display, but not for the General Public?

What do members think?

In fact should photos have been taken at all? After all the image will have the Gurbani on them when it is produced. Isn't this Be-adbi?

Could someone please explain to me how putting the picture of the Puratan Bir on this discussion Forum where I can quite clearly read the Jap Ji Sahib is NOT Be-adbi, but for the British Library to put on the display IS be-adbi? As far as I'm concerned, the image I saw was only two glass display cases away rather than the one that the photographer saw.

So is it OK for members on this forum to have their own personal display, but not for the General Public?

What do members think?

In fact should photos have been taken at all? After all the image will have the Gurbani on them when it is produced. Isn't this Be-adbi?

i am a bit confused at what you are saying, but if ur saying what I think you are saying.

yes and no. depends on your own sharda. Putting the picture here though was as a seva to sangat to show the beadbi happening at the museum. Also, just showing a pankti of japji sahib does not make the picture a bir of guru sahib. guru sahibs bir is a puran saroop that contains all of the jot of gurbani and the gurus.

there are many people who will make sure they have covered their heads, taken shoes off and washed hands before viewing gurbani on a computer, there are others who dont. this is then a personal choice. but it is not a complete puran bir of guru sahib either way.

What do members think?

i am a bit confused at what you are saying, but if ur saying what I think you are saying.

yes and no. depends on your own sharda. Putting the picture here though was as a seva to sangat to show the beadbi happening at the museum. Also, just showing a pankti of japji sahib does not make the picture a bir of guru sahib. guru sahibs bir is a puran saroop that contains all of the jot of gurbani and the gurus.

there are many people who will make sure they have covered their heads, taken

shoes off and washed hands before viewing gurbani on a computer, there are others who dont. this is then a personal choice. but it is not a complete puran bir of guru sahib either way.

So are you saying that partial displays of Gurbani are OK and do not constitute Be-adbi?

If so, then this totally goes against the argument being deployed to get the display of the Dasam Granth being removed where it is being argued that regardless of the the status of the Dasam Granth as a whole it contains Banis such as Jaap Sahib, Swayye and Chaupi and so should be removed from display. If this is the case then why is it OK for someone to post pangti's from Jap Ji where anyone can read them regardless whether they are wearing shoes, have head covered etc., but its not OK for Dasam Granth to be displayed at British Library?

I'm just trying to understand why we have double standards for when Gurbani is in different forms.

On the same point. Copies of the Guru Granth Sahib can be downloaded in pdf format from the Internet. This can be done by anyone, Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Atheist. Should we not also control this so that these copies are not subject to Be-adbi? After all, does a copy of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib cease to be a Guru just because it is in soft format rather than a bound hard copy?

What are we going to do about these copies of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib that are lying on people's hard drives? What is the correct Rehat when reading these? Should we put a Rumallah over the screen when we double click on the file? How do we enforce this?

emailed the guru nanak gurdwara. i am trying to get them to sign up to the site. anyway....

Being a registered Sikh museum, it meets the required standards for the storage and preservation of museum artefacts. So the answer to your question is yes. Please inform us who has given this news. we do not have any contact from the British Library.

Sandeep Kandola wrote:

from what i have been told, a bir owned by the british library will be handed to you. my question is, does the museum have air conditioning for maharaj as (do you have a controlled climate room, are the other birs kept in such a place as well).

if you cant email me, please respond on the following website (and the primal source for saying what i just said)...

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...E=02&f=2&t=6332

fateh

So are you saying that partial displays of Gurbani are OK and do not constitute Be-adbi?

If so, then this totally goes against the argument being deployed to get the display of the Dasam Granth being removed where it is being argued that regardless of the the status of the Dasam Granth as a whole it contains Banis such as Jaap Sahib, Swayye and Chaupi and so should be removed from display. If this is the case then why is it OK for someone to post pangti's from Jap Ji where anyone can read them regardless whether they are wearing shoes, have head covered etc., but its not OK for Dasam Granth to be displayed at British Library?

I'm just trying to understand why we have double standards for when Gurbani is in different forms.

On the same point. Copies of the Guru Granth Sahib can be downloaded in pdf format from the Internet. This can be done by anyone, Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Atheist. Should we not also control this so that these copies are not subject to Be-adbi? After all, does a copy of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib cease to be a Guru just because it is in soft format rather than a bound hard copy?

What are we going to do about these copies of the Sri Guru Granth

Sahib that are lying on people's hard drives? What is the correct Rehat when reading these? Should we put a Rumallah over the screen when we double click on the file? How do we enforce this?

good points.....im curious as to what Mkhalsa has to say to.