Great News For Panth - Sikh Council & Sikh Federation Have Already Secured Dastar Rights In Italy (Like Uk)! Should Be Announced On Monday! Congrats!

Puraatan

Have just been watching Sangat TV live discussion tonight and got great news that apparently after meetings for months, the UK Sikh Council and UK Sikh Federation after a final meeting yesterday with the Italian Embassy have already secured Dastar rights in Italy!!! Italy will be adopting the same system as the UK!!! A Sikh Council/Sikh Fed rep called during the discussion today and said both Sangat TV and Sikh Channel were told yesterday about this breaking news but only Sangat TV have reported it, Sikh Channel did not report anything (as their Dastar Day is tomorrow, but the Italy problem has already been sorted!!!). Apparently there are just a few formalities left and Italy should be formally announcing this on this coming Monday I think they said!

This is months and months of hard work by these individuals and jathebandia (Sikh Fed/Council) finally paid off!

Now what will happen is after "Dastar Day" happens tomorrow, Sikh Channel will try to take credit on Monday for work done by others (it is the hard work of Sikh Fed and Council and other jathebandia who have been campaiging for years, in particular over the last few months). Politics? This is what will happen and is the reality, just watch this space and see what will happen now....

BUT THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR ALL SIKHS AND ESPECIALLY THOSE IN ITALY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone from Sikh Federation or Sikh Council may want to give us more updates and news about this in this topic...........

Congratulations to every one involved, but it is a bit strange that suddenly the italian embassy has changed it's view one day before the event when most embassies are closed weekends. Oh well may be the threat dday helped. We can't tell the contributions of jathe as they have been so secretive but well done to them aswell.

Someone from Sikh Federation or Sikh Council may want to give us more updates and news about this in this topic...........

There some references to "should" and "apparently" in the original post above.

Before we prematurely jump up and down with joy will the official SFUK or SCUK or whoever wants the credit to take the time out to release this in the form of Professional Communication to the Sikh Coummunity and European Press. Otherwise it's just more hearsay and frankly we're sick of all the half truths being communicated to the sangat on Sangat TV or Sikh Channel!

Good news. Still a long journey ahead. From what I recall, recently a amritdhari prison officer experienced difficulties wearing his kirpan as a tribunal concluded that only ten percent or less Sikhs are amritdhari therefore right to wear kirpan was not largely discriminating. Let's try and avoid the same logic every being used with our dastaars. Support D Day.

Sikh Federation strikes again!! Congratulations!

I know that the amount of work that has gone into this has been absolutely huge. I'm grateful to the unpaid, unexpensed sevadaars who pay thousands every year out of their own pockets for the privelage to serve the panth. The panth is eternally grateful, even if others may take all the credit.

Sikh Federation strikes again!! Congratulations!

I know that the amount of work that has gone into this has been absolutely huge. I'm grateful to the unpaid, unexpensed sevadaars who pay thousands every year out of their own pockets for the privelage to serve the panth. The panth is eternally grateful, even if others may take all the credit.

I agree as well.

Not that much Sangat has turned up at d-day from the looks of it. Definately no where near the amount of Sangat that turns up to the June event, it's like 15% of that, but that doesn't matter. Speeches are all mostly in Punjabi as well and doesn't look like much awareness is being created at all. However, a good effort by Sikh Channel and good work. At least the event has happened peacefully and it is all good and at least Sikh Channel made an effort to do something (although perhaps not the right approcah in my opinion, but that is my opinion). Hopefully everyone can work together in the future and everyone will be freinds again now!

Also, unfortunately "Bob Singh" (nornally with "Kamalroop") of the anti panthic Niddar Nang crew managed to get the opportunity to speak on the stage, that was very dissapointing!

Rest were okay I think.

There some references to "should" and "apparently" in the original post above.

Before we prematurely jump up and down with joy will the official SFUK or SCUK or whoever wants the credit to take the time out to release this in the form of Professional Communication to the Sikh Coummunity and European Press. Otherwise it's just more hearsay and frankly we're sick of all the half truths being communicated to the sangat on Sangat TV or Sikh Channel!

Statement from Sikh Council is in this topic - http://www.sikhsangat.com/Index.php?/topic/63383-sikh-council-press-release-meeting-with-italian-embassy-on-friday-23-sept/#entry513450