Great News For Panth - Sikh Council & Sikh Federation Have Already Secured Dastar Rights In Italy (Like Uk)! Should Be Announced On Monday! Congrats!

Puraatan

Very good news, that for some unknown reason all of a sudden the Italians have decided to talk.

Both Sangat TV and Sikh Channel mentioned the press release 2 nights ago, roughly at the same time. I congratulate them both for reporting on this.

With regards to todays Dastaar Day programme, I think it was a huge success and we need to not only congratulate Sikh Channel, but we need to congratulate Sangat TV for its negative publicity and for allowing all the panthic leaders to come on and say that the event is a waste of time and no one should go. Even though in my estimation at the peak there were 5-7000 people there, I think the Panthic leaders sitting at home got the messgae from the Sangat that they are no longer wanted, as more than anticipated people turned up.

We should all support the Sikh Council and back them for all they have done. Please remember Sikh Federation is part of the Sikh Council and should not be singled out as being a key player, as Sikh Council embraces all organisations.

I believe people are saying around 2,000-3,000 people attended. Someone on Sikh Channel live at the event said over 3,000 people. If it wasn't for the controversy, this is still a good number as you don't need high numbers for such an event to create awareness outside the Houses of Parliament. June rally you obviously need high numbers as that is a proper march through central London.