Worrying Trend Amongst Elderly

satty2007

WJKK WJKF

is is just me or has anyone else noticed how the elderly, specifcally men are giving up their dastaars to wear cap. Over the course of a few weeks i've seen many elderly folks wearing patka with caps on top. I'm not talking about people that have come from india but people that have lived their lives in UK, It upsets me to this as what kind of example is that setting to the youth......

The reasons they have are just silly. I asked this individual who was wearing a cap and said fateh to me, "where is your dastaar" his excuse was I only wear it to the gurdwara.......... :omg: .

Has anyone else noticed this trend??

WJKK WJKF

is is just me or has anyone else noticed how the elderly, specifcally men are giving up their dastaars to wear cap. Over the course of a few weeks i've seen many elderly folks wearing patka with caps on top. I'm not talking about people that have come from india but people that have lived their lives in UK, It upsets me to this as what kind of example is that setting to the youth......

The reasons they have are just silly. I asked this individual who was wearing a cap and said fateh to me, "where is your dastaar" his excuse was I only wear it to the gurdwara.......... :omg: .

Has anyone else noticed this trend??

I noticed this in the US shortly after 9/11, but the trend seems to have largely faded away.

What's almost as worrisome and embarrassing in another way is to see fully grown Singhs of age 25+ walking around wearing patkas. That just looks bad. As soon as you get a substantial beard you've gotta start wearing a dastaar. Patkas do not look good and should only be acceptable for children (due to convenience) or for adults who are exercising or taking part in some physical activity in which a dastaar would not be practical.

Of course, what's much more embarrassing than either trend is to see men walking around Punjab wearing huge dastars with joora underneath but a beard trimmed to the point where they hardly have any facial hair.

Just you, not seen it here.