Sikh Rehat Maryada - Regarding Hindu Rituals

osingh

Guru is right, period. The Rehit that Guru Gobind Singh ji gave to the panj piare when they created the Khalsa in 1699 is right/correct.

Guru Sahib would not create multiple Rehits. It is not wrong to have a debate/discussion on Rehit. When debating, Gursikhs keep their emotions intact and do get angry or slander the other side.

The SGPC was able to create a Rehit Maryada for the entire Panth by gathering the prominent Gursikhs, Jathebandis and Samprada's of that time to form a Rehit.

In reality, most of the Rehits from different Jathebandis/Samaprada's are mostly the same. There are only a few differences here and their i.e. keski/kesh which is a non-issue because majority of the Panth agrees that both kesh and keski are mandatory.

We should not be arguing about Rehit at the current time, more important issues face the panth.

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji garden is full of different unique flowers (jatha/samparda's). Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Sri Guru Panth never meant have maryada which destroy uniqueness of each flower.

We should definitely have centralized panthic maryada while keeping in mind diversity (different sampardava's and jatha- Nihangs,Taksal, Nirmale, Udasi, Sevapanthis, AKJ) within in the panth. Real Unity is within Diversity in the panth.

Although, panthic Rehit Maryada pre singh sabha period was not fully perfect, it difinitely had a right idea and on right path. Even panthic maryada now have got the right intention and idea but it still has lot of work to do- address many underlining issues in the panth.

The Current jathedars of Takths Sahibans should look at their previous predecessors and maryada of takth sahib all the way after guru sahiban time until now and study them carefully, take elements of puratan takht maryada, bring all sampardavas/jathas together - do vichar on it collectively and after agreeing on them collectively...implement them as centralized panthic maryada.

• 6 months later...

Mate what maryda was being followed before sgpc...

N y was it changed three tym?

y did they say u can read 3 banis in the morning? r u saying guru gobind singh ji told us this maryada?

U do know that when the SGPC maryda was made not all memebers were there... that it was never given premission to be printed....

Just read the SGPC history that they publish about themselves...

And if it was panth maryada y dont the five takats follow the maryada, including akaal takat...

they all have jot....

Veer sinhar jeeo,

Prior to SGPC formed maryada various maryada were being followed by various Jatha, Sampardas, Taksals e.t.c.

The SGPC maryada was a great attempt to form a maryada that could reconcile the differences between different groups and find common ground. No other maryada has had the input that the SGPC maryada has.

For example Gursikhs that contributed to this maryada according to SGPC website include:

Akal Kaur Singh jee from Nihangs,

Pandit Man Singh ji from Nirmale,

In the initial 3 meetings -

Sampardayak Gursikhs - Bhai Vir Singh jee, Sant Sangat Singh Kamiliya ji

Scholars - Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha ji, Prof Teja Singh ji

Also Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji also attended the initial meetings.

It is unfortunate that some have tried to malign this maryada by associating with Teja Singh Bhasaur or a conspiracy by the British. Reading the list of Gursikhs that had input or were consulted regarding this maryada one does not find outside influence from British or the name of Teja Singh Bhasaur. Maybe this is a defensive tactic by some groups when they find this maryada goes against their "own" maryada.

Nowhere does the maryada state that one cannot read 5 banis at amritvela. The reason behind only 3 banis at amritvela maybe because there is no consensus on the number of banis in historical texts. I'm not too sure sure but I think the Rehitnames state mostly doing sri Jap ji sahib and sri Jaap sahib at amritvela. Regardless this is a non-issue in my opinion because the majority of Gurdwara Sahibaan worldwide recite 5 banis at amritvela, daas does not know of any Gurdwara Sahibaan that recite only 3 banis at amritvela.

Barring a few points, daas believes this maryada is totally in accordance with Gurmat. We should not dismiss this maryada on hearsay but should do our own research. Maybe it is best to read it all the way through before forming a solid opinion.

It can be read in either English or Punjabi at : http://sgpc.net/sikh...ntroduction.asp

New age robotic cultish youths attitude arguing with each other regarding nitnem banis:

Yo yo i just read panj banis at amrit vela, your maryada is malech/ferengi etc vs yo yo i am following takth sahib maryada- read 3 baniyas stop being anti panthic, stop following dera maryada

Gyani swings by gives them updesh- both you guys are idiots- you guys have only gargled gurbani nitneem patt (medicine) not fully taken it inside:

Gurbani is like liquid medicine, it will only take effect when patient takes medication fully inside not just gargle the medicine and spit it out. If you did, you won't be arguing over it at the first place..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hindu anna turku kana dhohan tey giani siyana. ||

Pretty much applies to sikhs as well by looking at sad state of affairs we fight over.!!!

New age robotic cultish youths attitude arguing with each other regarding nitnem banis:

Yo yo i just read panj banis at amrit vela, your maryada is malech/ferengi etc vs yo yo i am following takth sahib maryada- read 3 baniyas stop being anti panthic, stop following dera maryada

Gyani swings by gives them updesh- both you guys are idiots- you guys have only gargled gurbani nitneem patt (medicine) not fully taken it inside:

To be honest your statement above very much reflects yourself only.