Estimate Number Of Uk Amritdhari Youth?

pedrorizzo

Slightly off topic but I have been speaking to some amritdhari youths recently. Majority are chardikala Singhs. But there are some , i'm not sure if they are trying to catch me out, by me saying somethng wrong but they say they only took amrit because they had too, there parents expected them too do so. They were not forced but could not really say no. They hate getting up early and doing nitnem, and have commited kurehits. I can elaborate more on pm but I don't want to on the forum as this is my real name, and don't want people asking me who I am talking about and what they have done.

Yes, I suppose some Amritdharis must do Kurehits, not everybody can meet the standards.

I do have a couple of questions for the Sangat. Which person will Guru Ji least reward?

• , One who takes Amrit and tries to walk on the Path the Gurus laid down for us, but slips occassionally.

Or

• One who doesn't bother to take Amrit but deliberately carries out actions against Guru Ji's clear instructions, like taking drugs, like alcohol and tabbaco, eating the flesh of slaughtered animals, looking and talking about women to their friends in a lustful way etc etc (and also things like cutting their hair and not doing nitnem

What I'm saying is, it is better to try and fail occassionally, or better not to try at all? Or another way to put it is, are people who don't take Amrit clear to do the Kurehita because Guru Ji will be happy with them for NOT taking Amrit?

Slightly off topic but I have been speaking to some amritdhari youths recently. Majority are chardikala Singhs. But there are some , i'm not sure if they are trying to catch me out, by me saying somethng wrong but they say they only took amrit because they had too, there parents expected them too do so. They were not forced but could not really say no. They hate getting up early and doing nitnem, and have commited kurehits. I can elaborate more on pm but I don't want to on the forum as this is my real name, and don't want people asking me who I am talking about and what they have done.

Some Amritdharis may feel that way, and it's not surprising either. A dutiful parent would only want the best for their children. What parent would want their children to follow the Manmukh ways of the world and get beaten by Jamdoots after their soul leaves the body? For a Gursikh parent, cutting hair is just as bad as their children drinking sharaab, doing drugs, eating meat and other manmukh stuff. Unfortunately many young Amritdharis who feel they are being forced or pressured into Sikhi wont understand unless they are in the shoes of their parents. A good Gursikh parent will never want their children to follow a manmat lifestyle and suffer the Karmic consequences.

When a person is young (teens-20s), one is more vulnerable to manmat. The influence of Kalyug is very strong at that age. It is not abnormal for a young person to feel like cutting hairs, indulge in Kaam, try drugs or just to fit in with the crowd. The key is to remain strong no matter what. It is all about mind over matter at that age. Gursikh-Sangat at that age is extremely important. But once a Gursikh passes that age, they will feel less and less the influence of Kalyug.