Are There Negetive Effects Of Wearing A Patka?

noname27

I wear a patka to school everyday (note im 14)

and i always notice the back of my head it goes in (this is where the patka ends at the back) there is like in indent its like a curve /////_///// The undercase <------ is where my patka ends at the back of my head

It doesnt hurt but kinda worried me

My patka isnt even tied on tight it doesnt hurt while im at school

Ive also noticed my cousin where the front of his head where the patka starts at the forehead its a bump that goes in

it looks really weird for him (NOTICE he ties his patka real tight)

Is this bad?

• 2 weeks later...

Veer noname ji

I make a humble plea for you to learn tying a dastar as soon as possible. Please wear a dastar brother and not a patka.

A dastar looks so much better than a patka. Guru Gobind Singh ji himself gave us the gift of dastar. Why not wear it?

The founder of our religion dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji themself tied a dastar. All of our great Gursikhs wore a dastar.

The solution to your problem is to tie a dastar veer ji, then you won't have to worry about the back of your head. You and your cousin should get together and start practising tying dastar then start wearing it to school. The sooner you tie a dastar the sooner you will get used to it.

I worry that many youth who tie patka instead of dastar sometimes commit the mistake of cutting their kesh. Those brothers that wear dastar from early age are much less likely to cut their kesh later on.

Veer ji there are no words to describe the feeling of wearing a dastar. Wearing a dastar gives you million times better feeling then wearing a patka. You will never regret tying a dastar.

Please read these link veer ji: http://tapoban.org/p...1796&t=1641&v=f

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

NoName ji

Any size dastar is good . Once you get used to tying a dastar then you can practice tying bigger, smaller dastar, whichever one you prefer.

At least you tie patka and keep kesh which is good. The next step is to tie a dastar. I would urge you to start practising dastar as soon as possible. Once you get the hang of it , you can tie a dastar in no time.

I tend to worry for my brothers that tie patka. I see more and more styles of patka, some tie joora, some flat and some joora at the back of the head. Youngsters here tend to tie patka instead of dastar.

However tying a dastar looks million times better than patka and make you feel a million times better. Especially when you read our history, Chaar Sahibzade to Sant Jarnail Singh. Our great brothers of the past all wore dastar.

Also if youth start tying dastar instead of patka it will benefit the whole panth in many ways.

Another benti, I think it is better to tie a simple pagh. A gurmukhi dastar looks good and is easy to tie. Anyway, may Guru Sahib bless you with the khazana (treasure) of dastar.

Satguru Mehar Karan

• 1 month later...

Keep your silly views to yourself. The young Sikhs have to wear patkas and then go on to tie dastars when they learn how to do it.

s

If you believe that following Guru Sahibs rehat by wearing a DASTAR at all times is silly then keep it to yourself. Do you think children wore patkeh in puratan times? no, they wore dastars. patkeh are not keskia, they are not dastars, they should not be worn.

Especially if the OP is 14 years old, he is more then capable of tying a dastar.