Question About Love With Someone From Same Caste?

Guest Gurpreet

Guest Gurpreet

Hi, I was looking for some advice. I am a sikh girl who has fallen in love with somebody who is from the same caste (jaat) as me. The boy has no direct relation to me and upon doing some research, I found that he is 3 generations away from me.

Does SGGS mention anything about this situation? Is this possible to be with him? Everybody in my family says it isn't but I really need the advice of somebody who knows of anything about this.

Thanks

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bibi,

Caste has nothing to do with Religion, it is a culture thing.

If your parents are strict, pendu or backward type then it's better to avoid such a relation.

There is an old saying " When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window ''

So daddy naal panga nahin !

What you are feeling will soon pass just put your mind somewhere else.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is exactly like feeling about pocessions, for example Mr A just brought a new car, Mr A was very excited almost in love with this car people had to wash their hands just to touch it... As time went on he got bored the car became old and tired, Mr A was like is that it?

Things in life a temporary we must realise this and not get attached to possessions family not that it's not important god doesn't say abandon family and posessions he reminds us that these will fade and don't forget the creator of the universe before it's too late. Love will fade why don't you just concentrate on important things in life because if your family won't agree why cause heartache?

• 2 months later...