BhaiSukhSingh

http://www.1469tshirts.co.uk/

just checked the site. This its disrespectful there is a t shirt with Ek Oankar on it. It shows how easy they will put a price on gurbani

please sangat contact the site and ask them to stop selling this t shirt

Punjabi Roots

Official 1469 UK Outlet

7 Tollgate Shopping Centre

High Street

Smethwick

B66 3AP

info@1469tshirts.co.uk

wholesale@1469tshirts.co.uk

http://www.1469tshir...k/ContactUs.htm

http://www.1469tshirts.co.uk/

just checked the site. This its disrespectful there is a t shirt with Ek Oankar on it. It shows how easy they will put a price on gurbani

please sangat contact the site and ask them to stop selling this t shirt

Punjabi Roots

Official 1469 UK Outlet

7 Tollgate Shopping Centre

High Street

Smethwick

B66 3AP

info@1469tshirts.co.uk

wholesale@1469tshirts.co.uk

http://www.1469tshir...k/ContactUs.htm

Ummm, how is exactly is it wrong to have Ik Onkar on a shirt?! That's ridiculous that this would be seen as some sort of 'beadbi', I swear our own community loves to just punish themselves and quarrel over these types of non-events.

Some good designs there, would have bought few but I do not like their site url on the shoulder. I mean, I am paying for the tshirt, not getting it free so dont want to be advertising anything. You dont see NEXT etc putting their brands on the tshirts. For that reason I wont buy .

Example

n_image3.jpg

As for if it is beadbi, people have Khandas etc on dastars. Never heard anyone say that its wrong. So why not on tshirt. I think Sikh Symbols on upper body clothing are fine.

@BhaiSukhSingh - Gurbani related artefacts have been sold for centuries. Just visit most large Gurdwara's on a Sunday, they have a shop within the premises or have a stall selling Gutka sahibs, pictures, prints you get loads of stuff with gurbani sold such as books etc. for a profit. In India it's no different just visit Harmandir Sahib or any other historical Gurdwara. Anadpur Sahib, Just round the corner from Keshgar Sahib theres a market with loads of stalls same with Hazur Sahib.

@ Kaljugi - The company is called 1469. Yes most probably it is linked to the year Baba Ji was born. However, what is the problem with that?

Why do some people like to cause a controvesy out of nothing.

REHAT

gurU kw isK poQI ilK, pVHky vycy nwhI

guroo kaa sikh pothhee likha parrhakae vaechae naahee

The Sikh of the Guru should never write or read Gurbani with the intention of selling it.

Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee

GURBANI

iDRgu iqnw kw jIivAw ij iliK iliK vycih nwau ]

dhhrig thinaa kaa jeeviaa j likh likh vaechehi naao ||

Cursed are the lives of those who read and write the Lord's Name to sell it.

Ang 1245

Anyone trying to justify the sale of Gurbani will feel the wrath of Satguru in this life or the next. Satguru Kirpa kar on these lost souls.

Read the whole shabad and Satguru directly points to another way many people try to sell Gurbani. A person gets an evil mind by selling Gurbani.

"Desi Girl - 1469 Original".

Am I right in stating 1469 is referring to the birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji?

What. the. hell?

It's the punjabi culture trying to take over Sikhi. No one wants to leave Sikhi as Satguru taught it. The PUnjabis want their culture (Bhangra) added in, the 3HO cult wants its culture (Yoga mixed with punjabi culture) added in, the nidar crew wants Sikhi to be part of Hindu culture, the RSS want the same, the dera want their Babas added in and worshipped, and the list goes on.

None have the utmost respect for Sikhi and won't say, I'm going to join the Khalsa Panth and its practices. Sri Akal Takht Sahib should put up a sign saying before you enter Sri Harmindar Sahib, leave your culture in your car, this is the home of the Khalsa. The Khalsa culture is higher than yours and will not change for you. Either their ego will understand the slap across the face or they can pick up their shoes and hats and go home.