Dudley Protest - Police Release Cctv

Sikh Steel

There is already a thread on this topic.

This is old news...sensationalist reporting.

Some of the comments made by readers are disgusting. It is also shameful how the whole world thinks Sikhs can drink alcohol.

We need Parchaar But I guess we need to start by stopping our own Gurdwara buildings serving alcohol. Otherwise every shraabi will ask us why it is ok to drink in a Gurdwara building.

Yeh but this is the kind of press you can expect to get if you indulge in violent behaivour. It is fashionable for the media to portray us as extremist beardie wierdies who like to smash up places that are against our religious beliefs. They dont care about the real issues. We played right into their hands and performed the role spectacularly well.

All the Singhs out there trying to be kharkoos... you know who you are and so does everybody else. Your hearts might be in the right place. But you are damaging relations with the media, damaging relations with the elders, damaging relations with the jathebandia, damaging relations with the police, and damaging relations with the larger sehajdhari population. Is there anyone else left for to be friends with? Hell you guys dont even get on amongst yourselves.

If you just stopped and thought about the consequences of your actions for a minute and used your brains, you might actually be able to get somewhere. The problem with you guys is that you are bored and have got nothing better to do, and you love the attention of being seen as some kind of kharkoo. You use Sikhi as an excuse for indulging in yobbish behaivour and the rest of the community has to pick up the pieces. If you were members of any other community you would be classed as violent scum bags. However, because you are Singhs we have to refer to you as kharkoos.

Jokers.

Hang on damaging relations with who? It does not matter how many backsides we kiss as a community we always get the short straw. Just look at how we are treated in airport securities. We are treated like we have done something wrong when we bloody well haven't.

Damaging relations with Sehajdhari population? I am sure i can spot a few of them amongst the Singhs.

I think most Sikhs understood what the issue is and it is just that some of us like to cry and are not capable of getting the message across.

The problem here is the Dudley commitee. They cried to the press about this. The press latched onto it. No one really cares.

It is never good to behave in a violent way but this is just pure rubbish.

We need to be a lot smarter in dealing with these things and keeping our cools.