Can Non Amritdhari Person Recite "Waheguru"

mirror

I'm not amritdhari but I pray daily, I don't do it because I want something or need something I do it because I want too, I only do a little paath. But surely it's better to jap mool mantar or waheguru simran with sharda with a clean heart rather than being amritdarhi and doing nitnem as a formallity which you have to do. Your heart is not in it but you do because you have taken amrit due to pressure from family or someone close. Please I'm not looking for arguments, most amritdharis are 100% true in their believe, but there are a few who aren't. So the question the OP asked well I think it's better for non amritdharis to pray with sharda and slowly they will come closer to waheguru. It's better to take small steps with a true heart rather than showing a facade to the world as Waheguru knows all.

That i

I'm not amritdhari but I pray daily, I don't do it because I want something or need something I do it because I want too, I only do a little paath. But surely it's better to jap mool mantar or waheguru simran with sharda with a clean heart rather than being amritdarhi and doing nitnem as a formallity which you have to do. Your heart is not in it but you do because you have taken amrit due to pressure from family or someone close. Please I'm not looking for arguments, most amritdharis are 100% true in their believe, but there are a few who aren't. So the question the OP asked well I think it's better for non amritdharis to pray with sharda and slowly they will come closer to waheguru. It's better to take small steps with a true heart rather than showing a facade to the world as Waheguru knows all.

That excellent veer ji

i wish if i could do what you do. I am amritdhari but frankly speaking i only do nitnem because i have to. i think 98% of time i feel the pressure of completing Nitnem . Its more because i have to.

I remember when i was non amritdhari then i was like you and used to do only some Paath but with love. Its gone now.

I don't know what happened but its true. i wish if could get that love back

I don't know what to do. I think i may done many bad karams thats its happenning.

Sant nand singh ji Maharaj had told,

Stick to your religions(whether you are Hindu,Muslim,Sikh,christian) and follow the code of conduct given by your religious's Holy Granth or Holy Book. and never do Ninda of other religion because in the eyes of akal all religions he had created are equivalent.

where did Sant ji say stick to your religions?

That i

That excellent veer ji

i wish if i could do what you do. I am amritdhari but frankly speaking i only do nitnem because i have to. i think 98% of time i feel the pressure of completing Nitnem . Its more because i have to.

I remember when i was non amritdhari then i was like you and used to do only some Paath but with love. Its gone now.

I don't know what happened but its true. i wish if could get that love back

I don't know what to do. I think i may done many bad karams thats its happenning.

I'm not the best person to ask maybe other amritdhari Singhs or panj payre could give you good / better advice.

My advice would be for you to re-evaluate. Just take some time out. Keep as much rehat as you can, all the paath you do, do it with sharda. Don't force yourself. Take small steps and build up too what you should do.

BUT do it because you want too. NOT because you feel you need too. For example just get up and recite Mool Mantar, or First 5 pauris of Japji Sahib or Japji Sahib da paat which wont take too long do ardas. The other bani's listen to them on an ipod whilst traveling to work. Slowly build yourself up. DONT FORCE yourself to do paath as a formality do it because of love, do with sharda, slowly you will reach your goal, even if it takes years. It's better to do with sharda than just spitting out the words which could end up in resentment.

Trust me small steps are better than none. Also keep in mind no steps are better than keeping up a pretence and festering hate.

I need to up my sharda for sure. I guess because there's so much upheaval in my personal life I feel guilty that - on occasions - I'm going through the motions rather than "feeling" it, if anyone knows what I mean. There are times when I almost sing my paath from memory and it comes flowing out of me like a river. Then when my health takes a hit I feel so spiritually empty and faithless that I struggle to keep my eyes open when reciting Gurbani - sometimes its like an unintelligible mumble and I feel very ashamed later on.

Guru pyareo ji

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

"I'm not the best person to ask maybe other amritdhari Singhs or panj payre could give you good / better advice.

My advice would be for you to re-evaluate. Just take some time out. Keep as much rehat as you can, all the paath you do, do it with sharda. Don't force yourself. Take small steps and build up too what you should do.

BUT do it because you want too. NOT because you feel you need too. For example just get up and recite Mool Mantar, or First 5 pauris of Japji Sahib or Japji Sahib da paat which wont take too long do ardas. The other bani's listen to them on an ipod whilst traveling to work. Slowly build yourself up. DONT FORCE yourself to do paath as a formality do it because of love, do with sharda, slowly you will reach your goal, even if it takes years. It's better to do with sharda than just spitting out the words which could end up in resentment."

I do not doubt the intentions of gurdssingh ji, but as he said himself it is best to take advice from rehitvaan, nitnemi, naam japan-wale Gursikhs.

Also whether we do paath with shardha, pyar, dhyaan or we do it without, all paath is parvaan (accepted) and constitutes to kamai (profit). Bhagti (meditation) is never wasted.

"DONT FORCE yourself to do paath" - as per vichars of Gursikhs, this is 100% wrong. Nitnem paath is mandatory for every baptised Gursikh, never miss nitnem."

Yes we all want to do paath with concentration and love, but this depends on our previous karams (deeds) and kamai ans most pf all kirpa from Guru Sahib. Gursikhs will face hurdles in their path towards Akal Purakh. However, please continue to do paath and force yourself to do paath. All paath will help is in this world and the next no doubt.

Don't worry mirror ji, you are not the only person who feels like their paath is not up to standard. I guarantee all high avastha Gursikhs will advise you to do paath, paath and more paath.

Another great way to build up rass when doing paath is do arths of bani reading teeka's like prof. Sahib Singh ji, reading Gurmat books on Gurbani and Sikh history and learning to do shudh paath with correct bishraams (pauses). If we do paath with correct pauses and pronunciation this will greatly aid in concentration when doing paath.

When we look back at our lives we will never regret the time spent doing paath or simran.

May Guru Sahib bless me to do paath, paath and more paath. Satguru mehar karan.

Guru pyareo ji

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

"I'm not the best person to ask maybe other amritdhari Singhs or panj payre could give you good / better advice.

BUT do it because you want too. NOT because you feel you need too. For example just get up and recite Mool Mantar, or First 5 pauris of Japji Sahib or Japji Sahib da paat which wont take too long do ardas. The other bani's listen to them on an ipod whilst traveling to work. Slowly build yourself up. DONT FORCE yourself to do paath as a formality do it because of love, do with sharda, slowly you will reach your goal, even if it takes years. It's better to do with sharda than just spitting out the words which could end up in resentment."

I do not doubt the intentions of gurdssingh ji, but as he said himself it is best to take advice from rehitvaan, nitnemi, naam japan-wale Gursikhs.

Also whether we do paath with shardha, pyar, dhyaan or we do it without, all paath is parvaan (accepted) and constitutes to kamai (profit). Bhagti (meditation) is never wasted.

"DONT FORCE yourself to do paath" - as per vichars of Gursikhs, this is 100% wrong. Nitnem paath is mandatory for every baptised Gursikh, never miss nitnem."

Yes we all want to do paath with concentration and love, but this depends on our previous karams (deeds) and kamai ans most pf all kirpa from Guru Sahib. Gursikhs will face hurdles in their path towards Akal Purakh. However, please continue to do paath and force yourself to do paath. All paath will help is in this world and the next no doubt.

Don't worry mirror ji, you are not the only person who feels like their paath is not up to standard. I guarantee all high avastha Gursikhs will advise you to do paath, paath and more paath.

Another great way to build up rass when doing paath is do arths of bani reading teeka's like prof. Sahib Singh ji, reading Gurmat books on Gurbani and Sikh history and learning to do shudh paath with correct bishraams (pauses). If we do paath with correct pauses and pronunciation this will greatly aid in concentration when doing paath.

When we look back at our lives we will never regret the time spent doing paath or simran.

May Guru Sahib bless me to do paath, paath and more paath. Satguru mehar karan.

Sorry OP my advice may have been wrong.

Amritdharis are always critized about their sharda, but let's take a look at the other side and see how much they trust (how much sharda they have for) Maharaj. For starters, people that have not taken Amrit, they have no sharda (faith) because they can't even accept the first rehat of Satguru. You can meditate all day long, 24/7, but sharda only comes when we accept Gurmat (accept taking Amrit is the primary rehat and not questionable) and take up the first rehat of taking Amrit. If you don't follow, then read this rehat:

REHAT

pRQm rihq Xih jwn KMfy kI pwhul Cky ] soeI isMG pRDwn Avr n pwhul jo ley ]

prathham rehith yehi jaan kha(n)ddae kee paahul shhakae ||asoee si(n)gh pradhhaan avar n paahul jo leae ||

To drink the Ambrosial Nectar of the Khanda (Amrit) is the primary instruction for the Sikh. He who abandons all other initiations is truly a great Sikh.

Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh

IF you don't accept this rehat, then thank you for proven what was already accepted as truth. I am not knocking down the effort of Sikhs that are preparing themselves for Amrit. Chardikala to you and Satguru kirpa kar and I am sorry for hurting you in anyway if I did. However there is a larger majority that hate on Amritdharis, simply because they took Amrit. They will pick one thing to shame the Amridhari and make him/her feel bad about it. These people are the ones that are most closest to an Amritdhari who have taken the kes and completely done away with it. Only hair left on there head is a gangster hair cut or simple so called professional cut. Also they wax off hair from other parts of the body and it's seen as a welcoming gesture to them. What sharda do these people have in them? Inorder to have sharda (to be faithful) one has to commit to what they are being faithful too. If they don't committ then their so called faith breaks in split seconds. One day they worship, next day indulging in maya and forgot Satguru said meditate 24/7. Once again, I am really sorry to those that are moving forward in Sikhi to take Amrit, this is not at all directed at you. If you want to be the Sikh of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj, then you must commit by taking Amrit first as the Rehat tells us. There is no other way to commit to Satguru. Gurbani says if you chose to play this game of love with me then step on the path, with your head on your hand and don't pay attention to public opinion. Doesn't taking amrit mean the exact same thing? If for some reason a person thinks taking Amrit is not the same thing, then please reread history or approach a granthi at the Gurdwara and get some spiritual wisdom.

Here is a question: If a person who hasn't taken Amrit is so full of sharda or even has an ounce of sharda in them, then how come you haven't taken Amrit???? Once again I am sorry to those that are preparing to take Amrit. Before people start critizing me for sticking up for Amritdharis, ask yourself this question and read what the primary rehat is. Majority will ignore this question because if they ask this question to themselves, then all the dark deep ignorant and stubborn hate will come up. Hence why they cover up all their faults with blaming Amritdharis for all their problems.