Khalistan Questions From A Younger

noname27

I have some questions on the concept of khalistan - note im only 14 just want some answers

(sorry if this was in the wrong section)

1.) Why the name Khalistan I know it means The land of the pure but isnt "stan" that the end?

I just find it strange and hear others saying stuff about countries witht the stan ending.

2.) Is anything recently being done to accomplish this?

i only hear stuff from the 70s-80s

3). Would we be able to survive as a country (my cousin (15) believes we wont because we will be weak)

Personally i love the concept and would love to help to accomplish this

I understand that a religion needs a homeland and country for it to survive and spread.

Just love to hear everyones opinion of this

Thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If countries that are known the world over like the following with tiny tiny populations and are very successful, then why can't over 20 million Sikhs or so not achieve the same....?!

Gibraltar 29,441

Monaco 35,000

Liechtenstein 36,157

Andorra 84,082

Barbados 273,000

Iceland 318,452

Luxembourg 502,100

Cyprusn14 804,435

Bahrain 1,234,596

I could go on and on!

we could go on and on about the economic and ideological aspects of a khalistan..but the fact is sikhs are better off with khalistan in security terms...200,000+ sikhs have been killed since mid 80s and the world doesnt even know about it let alone speak about it...security of our culture, language, history and religion is our main ambition...mughal empire was the superpower of its time...it was richer in the 16th century than the british empire was in the 18th century..shows how rich they were..but even then the khalsa brang it to its knees...the durrani empire sacked delhi, looted it thouroughly..invaded punjab many times..looted it aswell..took countless women slaves to sell in markets of kabul and kandhahar..from abdalis conquests the durrani empires economy was booming from plundering many a land..yet we brought this emerging power to its knees...maharaja ranjit singh started off with a few vllages and turned it into the greatest asian power of its time...according to the british the sikh empire had the premier army in the mid 1800s...our economy was strong...the sikh currency was more powerful than the french currency...according to western explorers when they entered the realm of the sikhs..they saw no beggar...they were astounded by the wealth of our nation...the literacy rate of our nation was 80%+ compared to 50% that the britain had..this was because our raaj was still running on the religous school system..where sikhs would be taught from gurughars..muslims from madrassahs etc and this was provided free by the religous instituions...the literacy rate was higher amongst women compared to men..which is surprising for the time...LETS REGAIN OUR PLACE AMONGST THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD...

we could go on and on about the economic and ideological aspects of a khalistan..but the fact is sikhs are better off with khalistan in security terms...200,000+ sikhs have been killed since mid 80s and the world doesnt even know about it let alone speak about it...security of our culture, language, history and religion is our main ambition...mughal empire was the superpower of its time...it was richer in the 16th century than the british empire was in the 18th century..shows how rich they were..but even then the khalsa brang it to its knees...the durrani empire sacked delhi, looted it thouroughly..invaded punjab many times..looted it aswell..took countless women slaves to sell in markets of kabul and kandhahar..from abdalis conquests the durrani empires economy was booming from plundering many a land..yet we brought this emerging power to its knees...maharaja ranjit singh started off with a few vllages and turned it into the greatest asian power of its time...according to the british the sikh empire had the premier army in the mid 1800s...our economy was strong...the sikh currency was more powerful than the french currency...according to western explorers when they entered the realm of the sikhs..they saw no beggar...they were astounded by the wealth of our nation...the literacy rate of our nation was 80%+ compared to 50% that the britain had..this was because our raaj was still running on the religous school system..where sikhs would be taught from gurughars..muslims from madrassahs etc and this was provided free by the religous instituions...the literacy rate was higher amongst women compared to men..which is surprising for the time...LETS REGAIN OUR PLACE AMONGST THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD...

You see, above is the kind of information and facts that need to be presented to people who are cynical about this situation. Very inspiring.

It would also help if we eradicated the enemy from within. Until that happens we will always be sabotaged in our efforts to secure freedom or even a genuinely joyful and pleasant existence for Sikhs.

Having been around the pro Khalistani camp for the best part of my life, I've heard a lot of what we were, what we achieved and what we stood for. I have also heard a lot about what the nation will be like and how great life there will be. What I've NEVER heard is how it's going to happen.

Knowledge of history is paramount as it has a tendency to repeat itself, plans for a future state are essential to set out a target to be achieved but where is the plan of action to set us upon the right track to achieve this?

Whenever there is the response to whatever topic that 'Khalistan is the only way forward/answer' etc etc, I always find myself asking, 'fair enough point, but how?'

Having been around the pro Khalistani camp for the best part of my life, I've heard a lot of what we were, what we achieved and what we stood for. I have also heard a lot about what the nation will be like and how great life there will be. What I've NEVER heard is how it's going to happen.

Knowledge of history is paramount as it has a tendency to repeat itself, plans for a future state are essential to set out a target to be achieved but where is the plan of action to set us upon the right track to achieve this?

Whenever there is the response to whatever topic that 'Khalistan is the only way forward/answer' etc etc, I always find myself asking, 'fair enough point, but how?'

I agree. There have been a lot of great points made on this forum about what Sikh Raj, what Khalistan would be like, the ability of Khalistan to function as a nation etc, but there has not been much about what must the Sikh kaum do to make it happen.

What practical things can we do to start the process of nationhood?