Teri Meri Bas Sat Shri Akal

guptkuri

how do you guys like this video. as a girl I liked it.

I think we need more videos like this, that are modern and attractive to the youth. I know some people are gonna find faults in it.

My question to the sangat is, what can we do to bring Sikhi to the youth. More music videos like and what else?

Personally I found it a bit weird! Not my cup of tea at all. Can't see how youth in the west will be attracted to Sikhi from it. We just need good parcharaks and gianis who can teach kids and relate to them. There should be question and answer sessions at gurdwaras with knowledgeable gursikhs.

how do you guys like this video. as a girl I liked it.

I think we need more videos like this, that are modern and attractive to the youth. I know some people are gonna find faults in it.

My question to the sangat is, what can we do to bring Sikhi to the youth. More music videos like and what else?

Ask yourself, what did the great shaheed Singhs and kaurs do to evoke the spirit of the Khalsa in them. What are the current Sikhs doing to keep Sikhi alive in them. Did they accept the message on the video or did they grab hold of a unstoppable force that never lets them shake from Maharaj? A question with more merit and ground, would be to ask, how do we get people to recognize this unstoppable force in them?

Its good to make a list on how such music video messages follows Gurmat and how they go against Gurmat. If one comment is made on how it does not follow Gurmat, then the method must be abandoned or not done in the first place. Read into the lives of Gursikhs and the reason why they didn't take up some methods that looked more attractive and easy to complete. The line in the sand becomes clear as day.

This video would probably push me away from sikhi to to be honest. Not what sikhi is about, message is okay. Video/song is horrible though imo. Singer is wearing make up and telling the sikh guy why he ties his beard? Really? Not an accurate presentation of sikhi at all.

EDIT: Also prachar is what we need. Not sure if you've seen the english katha videos by sant baba mani singh. Those are what are inspiring, accurate and would pull many more western youth than a music video trying to fit in with mainstream culture here.

Well it's better than the rubbish we see all over the music channels. If one person is encouraged towards Sikhi then that's better than none. )