Doing And Listening To Bhani At Work... Ugent Help

Localsikh

SSA Brothers and Sisters...

I need some honest advise and help, I’m getting upset, worked up and confused then staying at work late if I don’t complete my phat / bhani in office hours.

I don’t know if it is right to listen to phat or bhani at work... but again I wanted to know if it is right to too....

I have recently (from the last 4 months or so) started to do my bhani daily even at work… I have just started a new job with Waheguru’s blessing and listen to Sukmani Sahib ji… also shabads and read some bani then do an ardas… (Which can take 2 and half hours plus…)

This is on top of my listening and reading bani and doing ardas on the way to work and on the way home (My work trip take me one hour sometimes or less if Im at a local office)… again if I don’t do my phat / bani it in order or don’t complete it I sit in the car doing it until I get it right… (I feel it is not right but I do not want to get any bad luck from Waheguruji.

Recently I have started to do more and more and keep repeating myself until I get it right… which I feel in my heat is not right.

To do this I wash my hand and rinse out my mouth, clean my hand and mouth with anti bacteria hand wash then drinks some water then say SATNAM WAHEGUJI afterword’s… then drink the remaining water after I complete my ardas… (No one has told me to do this I just do it but am not sure if it is right… Please help)

If I have to clear my throat while doing my prays or when I cleaned myself (by making the noise from my mouth) I start my prays again from the start. I then sit at my desk with my shoes off and headphones on… listen to my prays…. And in the car I take my shoes off and do my bani in order and use the hand cleaning spray to clean my hand

Please help me….

Your brother….

SIkhs are told to remember Waheguru 24/7, so why would you recitation of Gurbani be wrong in any form? it's not so carry on.

As for the cleaning have you heard of Panj Inshnaana?

Thanks....

What is Panj Inshnaana?.... sorry dont know?

Also I will try and do as much bani as I can without getting in trouble at work...

Panj Inshnaana is the when you can't shower/bath you clean five steps method. Similar to the Muslim Wuzu.

Panj Ishnaan

Wash hands and then wash mouth and spill the water out.

Second put finger in nose and clean it.

Third pour water in hands and then let the water go down arms and do the same thing on other arm.

Fourth wash the face and wash behind ears.

Fifth wash feet.

It's used before Punj Ishnaan before reciting Kirtan Sohila Sahib at night and more generally, before having Darshan of Maharaj in his Darbar.

Though some would say it's washing feet (1), down below (2), mouth/teeth(3), face (4), hands (5) but as long as you're clean and it matters now.

Wash hands and then wash mouth and spill the water out.

Second put finger in nose and clean it.

Third pour water in hands and then let the water go down arms and do the same thing on other arm.

Fourth wash the face and wash behind ears.

Fifth wash feet.

Thats the Islamic way (and I never said it is right OR wrong), as for Sikhs, Panj Ishnana is washing TWO hands, TWO feet, and rinsing the mouth+washing face, thus FIVE.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

keep doing your bani, we should do bani all the time. Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj also did gurbani whilst working in the store, everytime they counted to 13 'tera' they would remeber akaal purukh waheguru, so there is nothing wrong with remebering waheguru at work.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!