Gurpreet Ghuggi On Sikh History

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF58Ikwqu-I&feature=player_embedded

what does sangat think about actors playing role of our shaaheeds in movies?

No doubt these movies if made by hollywood would spread our great history among the world through the easiest medium.

but the best option is to make movies on 3d animation.

I saw this earlier today posted on twitter by naujawani sardar. I don't think we should make western movies (or even bollywood) type movies at all, but instead make documentary style movies with no actors involved. Turning it into something "cool" seems more demeaning to me than actually presenting Sikh Ithihaas. The thing about movies is you have to change or cut out history. The best thing in my opinion are making professional documentaries, but the next best thing is becoming Sikhs and becoming knowledgeable on Sikh history.

i like your point Singh559 but the aim is to make the world aware of our history via easiest medium which is also entertaining in terms of visual content graphic arts etc. but there shouldn't be any compromise with history ie. no change in history or skipping any important information.

I saw this earlier today posted on twitter by naujawani sardar. I don't think we should make western movies (or even bollywood) type movies at all, but instead make documentary style movies with no actors involved. Turning it into something "cool" seems more demeaning to me than actually presenting Sikh Ithihaas. The thing about movies is you have to change or cut out history. The best thing in my opinion are making professional documentaries, but the next best thing is becoming Sikhs and becoming knowledgeable on Sikh history.

I agree with you about the use of documentaries to highlight our plight to the world. There was a film called Waltz with Bashir a few years ago that used animation and documentary techniques to tell a true story. It was critically lauded and was by all accounts a really good film in it's own right.