(Free Will) Does God Know What We Will Choose?

Kalsingh

Does God know everything?

Does he know what we will choose in the future? Or are there some things even he cannot see because it depends on our free will and certain karmas which are not even manifest yet?

Edgar Cayce, a renowned psychic medium who was very close to God, even he said that the Lord of Lords does not know how certain things will play out due to the element of human free will.

What does Sikhi say about this?

Any thoughts?

I would say God knows everything and is limitless. Free will is, to some extent, not as free as we think it is. We are "free" to act in whichever way we choose but I'd argue that whatever we do in our lives (or whatever happens to us) is already pre-determined or 'written'. So we may think we are shaping our lives as we go along, but in fact everything is known beforehand by those up above.

I'm most likely very, very wrong!

Free wIll is an illusion. Hukam andar Sabh Ko , Baar Hukam Na Koi.

But according to gurbani, we are also responsible for our own actions. Is this not a contradiction then?

Unless we are responsible and simultaneously God is doing it all like we are on a micro level, but God overall all is on a macro level? A reasoning which can only be understood at a higher level of consciousness? I don't know.

I would say God knows everything and is limitless. Free will is, to some extent, not as free as we think it is. We are "free" to act in whichever way we choose but I'd argue that whatever we do in our lives (or whatever happens to us) is already pre-determined or 'written'. So we may think we are shaping our lives as we go along, but in fact everything is known beforehand by those up above.

I'm most likely very, very wrong!

Yeah but it is pre determined by our 'own' karma which we ourselves were responsible for.

But actions we do now, which determine our future karmas, does God know what these will be? I am not sure if he does. What do you think?

Does God know everything?

Does he know what we will choose in the future? Or are there some things even he cannot see because it depends on our free will and certain karmas which are not even manifest yet?

Edgar Cayce, a renowned psychic medium who was very close to God, even he said that the Lord of Lords does not know how certain things will play out due to the element of human free will.

Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj is beyond time. He is Akal Purakh. Time is an illusion and does not exist. Free will is another illusion and there is no definition of free will that is flawless. Every human being is acting as their environment pulls or pushes them too. Everything depends on something, but only Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj is independant. For some Akal Purakh has put as the recievers and some as the givers, but he has put only some get to play the game of love with him. Edgar Cayce, has a faulty logic. If Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj doesn't know how certain things will play out then he is not in the infinite or the all knower. And free will becomes the Lord as it knows more than Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj. Also Akal Purakh being eternal, then there is no past or present or future for Akal Purakh. Again time is a construct of the creation and does not exist like the creation. Gurbani tells us that Shabad Guru, understands Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj. The human mind is not unpredictable. One human can't understand another humans mind in totality because both are limited in their understanding. What humans can or can't do is not the benchmark for what Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj is capable of. Gurmukhs don't have free will either because free will doesn't exist for no one. Gurmukhs are under the grace of Satguru and act as Satguru tells them too. Others are under the control of the 5 vices (ego, anger, lust, greed, and/or attachment). When you are under the control of the 5 vices, then you are under the control of the creation, which Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj has subjected you too and you will die as the creation will die one day. However Satguru is beyond death and birth, so whoever is given Satguru's grace becomes one with Sri Waheguru Ji Maharaj. At his command one recieves the grace of Satguru and becomes Gurmukh. His command can't be described in totality, but as Sikhs we know bits and pieces. The more devotion and love we are given by Satguru, then more we are able to understand Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj. Beg for his mercy, meditate on his name, is the instructions of Satguru.

We are under the creation of Akal Purakh, and nothing is out of him. Everything we does does, Think or Do, HE knows everything thing.

If someone tells He did is Free will. that OK because He thinks he has taken his own decision and did it but WHat made him do that is under Akal Purakh's Hand or Maya;s Work.

Sometime we come under many Life Scenarios where we wanted to do some thing and but something else happens(even in easy life situations).