Last Sikh Warrior

Lion of Punjab

Guest Kluivert
'Mate'.... You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge on this topic. Niddar has been debated many times with intellectuals, scholars and those of spiritual/panthic disposition. You have already admitted that you dont know what the RSS is. I suggest that you go away and read about what it is and the damage that it has done to the Sikh community over the last 30 years before you speak. They are a right wing militant hindu group who are doing their level best to absorb Sikhism into Hinduism, using whatever method they can. If you go on Niddars website he openly admits that he is part of the RSS and has links to their organisations on there He indulges in Hindu rituals and manipulates Sikh scriptures and beliefs to fall in line with Hindu ones. Clearly he has impressed you after your conversations with him and you have some sympathy for him. Perhaps you are right in that more effort could be made in producing counter literature against the rubbish that he propogates on his site. And perhaps you are right that more could be done on an intellectual level as you put it. Too be frank, most Singhs are pretty tired and fed up with his nonsense. Perhaps someone fresh like yourself could step forward, research and put together some counter arguments to his material. Personally, I believe that this will not be enough and that stronger measures will need to be taken against him, via the Akal Takhat Sahib

You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge on this topic.

- That is your opinion not a fact, I've gathered my knowledge from the websites and forums and decided to visit Niddar Singh. That's more than any one on this forum has done.

Niddar has been debated many times with intellectuals, scholars and those of spiritual/panthic disposition.

Can you show where this has been debated? There is no evidence or website but hundreds of pages of assumptions and comments written about him. There is no evidence about an open forum where a discussion has been held between Niddar and his associates with these so called intellectuals, scholars and those of spiritual/panthic disposition.

You have already admitted that you don't know what the RSS is

Mate, I have no interest in RSS and their fundamental goal. There are many bodies organised by Religious groups to damage other religions, this is in Islam and Christianity but you as a person can concentrate on your spiritual journey and shouldn't need to affect you.

If you go on Niddars website he openly admits that he is part of the RSS and has links to their organisations

I have never read on his website about RSS or any external links to this fundamental group. But there is a RSS feed, if that is what you are talking about?

RSS feed - RSS (originally RDF Site Summary, often dubbed Really Simple Syndication) is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format.[2] An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed",[3] or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship.

RSS feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place.

RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader", or "aggregator", which can be web-based, desktop-based, or mobile-device-based. The user subscribes to a feed by entering into the reader the feed's URI or by clicking a feed icon in a web browser that initiates the subscription process. The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds. RSS allows users to avoid manually inspecting all of the websites they are interested in, and instead subscribe to websites such that all new content is pushed onto their browsers when it becomes available.

Clearly he has impressed you after your conversations with him and you have some sympathy for him

Yes I was impressed with him because he took his time out to speak to me, that s more than any of the other Sikhs I have tried to speak to, at the Sikh temple. After our conversation there were many things I did not agree with him, he accepted this and not once he lost his temper. Currently I'm studying Punjabi at the Sikh temple and every weekend the teacher loses his temper if you question what he says. I, as a new person to the SIkh faith, this is very off putting. Yes meeting Niddar Singh was breath of fresh air.

Too be frank, most Singhs are pretty tired and fed up with his nonsense.

Who are the most Singh's are you talking about?

You, people on this forum or the entire Sikh community. I haven't seen any literature countered against Niddar and his associates have written. This shows Sikhs have tried nothing but they are sick and tired of it, what a fob out. Anyone who challenges you, you will cry like a baby till they stop?

Perhaps someone fresh like yourself could step forward, research and put together some counter arguments to his material.

Mate, I have started but I'm very limited in my knowledge and understanding the culture. Like I have mentioned, I'm just learning basic Punjabi. So you will wait for at least 10 years me to release some books that will counteract his literature. Ahhh, thanks mate I'm so flattered.

So as a Sikh community you are going to wait for me, by then Niddar would have released 100's of more books and done countless exhibitions. Wow that very practical.

You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge on this topic.

- That is your opinion not a fact, I've gathered my knowledge from the websites and forums and decided to visit Niddar Singh. That's more than any one on this forum has done.

Niddar has been debated many times with intellectuals, scholars and those of spiritual/panthic disposition.

Can you show where this has been debated? There is no evidence or website but hundreds of pages of assumptions and comments written about him. There is no evidence about an open forum where a discussion has been held between Niddar and his associates with these so called intellectuals, scholars and those of spiritual/panthic disposition.

You have already admitted that you don't know what the RSS is

Mate, I have no interest in RSS and their fundamental goal. There are many bodies organised by Religious groups to damage other religions, this is in Islam and Christianity but you as a person can concentrate on your spiritual journey and shouldn't need to affect you.

If you go on Niddars website he openly admits that he is part of the RSS and has links to their organisations

I have never read on his website about RSS or any external links to this fundamental group. But there is a RSS feed, if that is what you are talking about?

RSS feed - RSS (originally RDF Site Summary, often dubbed Really Simple Syndication) is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format.[2] An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed",[3] or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship.

RSS feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place.

RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader", or "aggregator", which can be web-based, desktop-based, or mobile-device-based. The user subscribes to a feed by entering into the reader the feed's URI or by clicking a feed icon in a web browser that initiates the subscription process. The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds. RSS allows users to avoid manually inspecting all of the websites they are interested in, and instead subscribe to websites such that all new content is pushed onto their browsers when it becomes available.

Clearly he has impressed you after your conversations with him and you have some sympathy for him

Yes I was impressed with him because he took his time out to speak to me, that s more than any of the other Sikhs I have tried to speak to, at the Sikh temple. After our conversation there were many things I did not agree with him, he accepted this and not once he lost his temper. Currently I'm studying Punjabi at the Sikh temple and every weekend the teacher loses his temper if you question what he says. I, as a new person to the SIkh faith, this is very off putting. Yes meeting Niddar Singh was breath of fresh air.

Too be frank, most Singhs are pretty tired and fed up with his nonsense.

Who are the most Singh's are you talking about?

You, people on this forum or the entire Sikh community. I haven't seen any literature countered against Niddar and his associates have written. This shows Sikhs have tried nothing but they are sick and tired of it, what a fob out. Anyone who challenges you, you will cry like a baby till they stop?

Perhaps someone fresh like yourself could step forward, research and put together some counter arguments to his material.

Mate, I have started but I'm very limited in my knowledge and understanding the culture. Like I have mentioned, I'm just learning basic Punjabi. So you will wait for at least 10 years me to release some books that will counteract his literature. Ahhh, thanks mate I'm so flattered.

So as a Sikh community you are going to wait for me, by then Niddar would have released 100's of more books and done countless exhibitions. Wow that very practical.

'Mate'

You have raised some valid points about lack of 'evidence' and literature on the internet that counters Niddar Singhs claims. So technically you are correct in that I would not be able to provide you 'evidence' of debates that have occured with Niddar Singh. I could only tell you about my own personal experience with him, the experiences of others and things that I have heard from others. I agree that this is not really good enough, particularly if you are an academic, and particularly if you feel that you need 'evidence' before being convinced that Niddar Singh is a fraud.

So I can see that how for 'a new person to the Sikh faith', who has 'limited knowledge and understanding of culture' could find Niddar Singhs anti-Sikh nonsense 'refreshing' and be impressed simply with the fact that he doesnt lose his temper when asked questions, compared to the supposedly thick, closed minded, fundamentalist Sikhs on this forum.

For people in that particular boat, material should be put together in order to counter Niddar Singh, so that new people can have an alternative perspective. However, there are already countless other books on the Sikh faith and Sikh history, which tell a completely different story. I guess that commissioning a Sikh scholar/author to write a book which deals directly with Niddar Singhs could be an option. I may, in fact, raise this issue with some of my own contacts... Oh no wait, I might just sit on my PC and cry like a baby instead...

Physical fighting

• Well giving the guy a number of death threats and his family, Is this the Sikh way, This seems extremism to me. Our way or no way, as practiced in Islam.

When a person takes a neutral stand on a topic, they ask for evidence on both sides of the table. The Khalsa Panth is asked to provide all evidence for their claims, but Nidar is taken by his word. Tells us where is the evidence that death threats have been made to his family. Instead of asking for evidence, you jump on the Khalsa Panth for being extremist. When such things are said, the one making the statement is biased and in this case the person is favoring Niddar, but pretending to be neutral.

Since you were kind enough to visit Nidar and hear what propaganda he has to dish out. Now go visit the other side Buddha Dal. They will tell you exactly what took place. And please make a recording so your visit can be backed up with evidence.

Guest Kluivert

'Mate'

You have raised some valid points about lack of 'evidence' and literature on the internet that counters Niddar Singhs claims. So technically you are correct in that I would not be able to provide you 'evidence' of debates that have occured with Niddar Singh. I could only tell you about my own personal experience with him, the experiences of others and things that I have heard from others. I agree that this is not really good enough, particularly if you are an academic, and particularly if you feel that you need 'evidence' before being convinced that Niddar Singh is a fraud.

So I can see that how for 'a new person to the Sikh faith', who has 'limited knowledge and understanding of culture' could find Niddar Singhs anti-Sikh nonsense 'refreshing' and be impressed simply with the fact that he doesnt lose his temper when asked questions, compared to the supposedly thick, closed minded, fundamentalist Sikhs on this forum.

For people in that particular boat, material should be put together in order to counter Niddar Singh, so that new people can have an alternative perspective. However, there are already countless other books on the Sikh faith and Sikh history, which tell a completely different story. I guess that commissioning a Sikh scholar/author to write a book which deals directly with Niddar Singhs could be an option. I may, in fact, raise this issue with some of my own contacts... Oh no wait, I might just sit on my PC and cry like a baby instead...

Nice talking to you and God bless.

Kluivert,

We understand you and agree with you but in sikh community, we do not have good history of holding debates in civilized form nor have paitence of understanding each other very well. Sad but true.

Nidar is nobody and there is no point of holding any debate with him as in past he either whimp out (sorry can't provide you source as not in habit of collecting data). Shastar Vidiya is physical exercise and it is done to keep one healthy and fit. Our old saying is that those who are masters in fights but don't keep religion in heart is nothing but a waste. Nihang means: Master and keeping balance of both Shaster Vidiya (fighting tactics) and Gurmat Vidiya (religious). There is no doubt that nidar might be good in handling few sticks or swords but he doesn't know the basics of sikhism but at the same time calls himself Nihang or master of both religion (by his dress) and fight.

We have brutal history with so many traitors in past, present and will be in future. To understand sikh culture, it takes more than data/facts to judge a good character/leader/teacher of our community. Clearly nidar is nowhere near that; people doesn't even know his real name.