• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smell a lot of envy here!! Typical in our community.... You may not agree with him 100%, but at least give the guy some credit for encouraging others to delve into this area of Sikh traditions and

'Mate'.... You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge on this topic. Niddar has been debated many times with intellectuals, scholars and those of spiritual/panthic disposition. You have already ad

Ridiculous. Why was this story even covered? There are no sources provided other than Niddar's word. Something's fishy.

"It is not just martial technique, there is a lot of oral tradition and linguistic skills that has to be there as well," he explains.

Nihangs still maintain some tenets of the Hindu faith, they have three scriptures rather than one and these extra books contain influences from Hinduism.

Many Nihangs also eat meat and drink alcohol which fundamentalist Sikhs disagree with. Traditionally they also drank bhang, an infusion of cannabis, to get closer to God.

"Sikhism has gone through several stage of evolution," says Christopher Shackle , a former professor of South Asian studies at Soas, University of London. "When the Nihangs were formed at the end of the 17th Century they were a very powerful group but they became rather marginalised."

Someone should challenge him to an open fight or something soon just to put him back in his place. I love how they take his word and don't even include he's been expelled from ALL Nihang Jathebandis.

Niddar is a turd that wont flush away. I thought that the numerous beatings and public humiliations that he suffered at hazoor sahib in 2008 would be enough to finish him off, however, he continues to stick his neck out and spew his rubbish, mis represening Sikhism and telling lies on open media forums.

I dont think that things are going to end well for him

Biased.. Lol on last warrior.. What he thinks of himself.. Tom cruise from the last samurai movie lol...

Lol he's also as crazy as Tom Cruise.

On a serious note The Last Samurai was an amazing movie, one of my favorites.

Guest Kluivert

Hello everyone,

I read the BBC website about Niddar Singh and the last Sikh warrior. First thing I like to mention, I didn't have knowledge of this guy till I was advised to join this forum from a friend. There was so much slander based on the individual, which require me to do research and make my own judgement. There are many points I didn’t agree with Niddar Singh but like I have motioned in my previous posts, he has evidence back himself.

If you guys have so much dislike for this person, there are 2 things this forum can do:

1) Do not mention anything about Niddar Singh, if a topic is posted Admin should delete it.

2) If you are going to post about Niddar Singh, Start the arguments with some productive language instead of slandering the guy. Why are we creating so much hatred over someone we don't really care about. People, we are still the majority and he is a minority. His numbers of support will decrease and we will hear of him no more.

We strongly need to read the literature he has written and start producing literature that will counter his argument. Every time this person has released a book, the Sikh community sits there and cries about it. People should question him or we too scared to chat to him. I’ve been to his class in London he seemed like a very nice guy and answered my questions without any hesitation. His answers are well structured and again he has evidence to back himself. There were many answers I didn’t agree with him on but at least he took his time out of the class to talk to me.

Guys and Girls, go and talk to him, if not start releasing some literature that counter his writings. The only way we can battle this, is with the pen.

Does Niddar Singh run classes in any Gurdwara. If so would it not be a good idea to approach the Gurdwara committee to make them aware of his anti-gurmat views.

Just look at the sarbloh website. This website has attacked mahapurakhs from Taksal and Jatha. This should be enough. Who are these fake nihangs to attack panthic jathebandis and shaheeds of our panth.

Why has he got a picture of Ram Chander ji on his main page? Why does he wear a red mark on his forehead?

Rabb Rakhe

Guest Kluivert

Does Niddar Singh run classes in any Gurdwara. If so would it not be a good idea to approach the Gurdwara committee to make them aware of his anti-gurmat views.

Just look at the sarbloh website. This website has attacked mahapurakhs from Taksal and Jatha. This should be enough. Who are these fake nihangs to attack panthic jathebandis and shaheeds of our panth.

Why has he got a picture of Ram Chander ji on his main page? Why does he wear a red mark on his forehead?

Rabb Rakhe

OsIngh,

You have some very interesting questions. Let me first start with your question regarding running classes from a Gurdwara, this has already been tried and the classes and locations are all published on the SV website. That’s how I found out about his London class.

Regarding the Hindu deity on his website and the red mark on his forehead, the best person to ask would be him.

Like I have mentioned, I have attended a class in London and didn’t think much of it and personally I wouldn’t go again. It cost me £30.00 in petrol to get there and didn’t really feel this was my thing. Like I have said, he was a very kind and calm person and not once I felt intimidated but regarding his Sikh teachings not really my cup of tea.

I smell a lot of envy here!! Typical in our community....

You may not agree with him 100%, but at least give the guy some credit for encouraging others to delve into this area of Sikh traditions and history.

Get up from your PCs and actually put forward some evidence (which can be verified) to challenge him.

• Like 1