The Truth About Niddar 'Singh' Martial Art

Only five

Everyone that wants to know the truth about Niddar needs to watch these two videos.

One so of Niddar demonstration and the other is of an actual martial art called Filipino Martial Arts that flows, where one movement does not require, a person to move the feet out of position. Niddar is right in the sense; much of martial arts are about foot work. But a first grade student in martial arts is taught this very simple point. Watch Niddar's foot work. It is not isolated, where each foot is in a stable position. He has to alter his feet to get in the right stance, after the first defending strike is attempted. If he does not alter his feet then he is caught off guard and the opponent can use it for their advantage. Also if you have to alter your feet position then already you have given the opponent a dominate position because you are busy trying to get into the right stance to strike a blow. If you forward the video of Niddar to 5:20 you can see what I am saying.

Next point to realize is that Niddar's opponent is not coming in full stance, where legs and arms can be utilized to strike Niddar in a split second. If you watch the Filipino Martial art video the defender and opponent have proper foot work and the opponent is coming with the stance. Where legs and arms can be utilized and are not vulnerable to the point that no attack can happen. Niddar even mentions Filipino Martial Arts, but he can't even get the foot work right. Next look at the hand work of Niddar. The main point a martial art master would tell a student is to isolate your strikes. Niddar's hand movement is not isolated at all. When you isolate your hand movement, then one strike follows the next in a sequence where you disarm the opponent with each strike (movement). Furthermore feet and the knees are isolated, but are simultaneously used with the hands. Such techniques are hard to master, but an actual master has no problem completing such movements. Look at the Filipino Martial Art teacher and then watch Niddar. Niddar can't even complete this high level of movement. So how can he be referred to as a master?

Next forward to 7:25. If you look at how the punch is coming straight to Niddar's neck, he cannot grab the wrist of the opponent. The movement is too fast and the only thing you can do is side step and strike with your right leg to the knee, where the opponent is lowered and then you're able to strike with your fist to the face of the opponent or with the left leg strike back of the knee to so you can get behind the opponent and strike a death blow to the throat, or deliver further strikes that can damage the spine or back of the neck. Also the student's stance is weaker than the teachers (niddar). Niddar shows a complete disorganization of his so called martial art. Furthermore Niddar cannot even demonstrate the right movement to avoid a punch. Side stepping is only a part of it. Next movement is to isolate the opponent's dominated hand and leg. This is achieved by a person, where you put the right foot directly behind your left foot and your body turns away from the opponent so the person cannot strike with the dominate leg or hand. But your face is still turned toward the opponent. If the person leans in to strike, then he is off balance and you can use knee strikes or your foot to strike a heavy blow to the kidney area or the gut.

There is a lot more mistakes in Niddar's so called martial art, but I'll save it for another time and Niddar doesn't have the fundamental teachings (stance, foot work, and isolated strikes) of martial arts corrected, which creates the disorgnization and anything described afterwards is all talk.

Anyways here is the video that show FMA to be in control of defender and the opponent and the other guy (Niddar) who is just making things up as he goes.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150387065245001&oid=26608290120

If Niddar Singh moved in the same way as the FMA guys, then it wouldnt be Shastarvidiya would it?

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-103089.html

Check the site above to see comments from Pat O Malley, 11 times world champion in Filipino Stick Fighting, after completing the seminar with Niddar Singh. Last year Niddar Singh was invited to Grand Master Brian Jones Seminar to display Shastarvidiya to his students. These lot arent just amateurs in their arts, they are ambassedors, and are highly respected for their knowledge. They live and breathe Martial Arts and one thing you cannot do with them is pass off rubbish. If your stuff doesnt work, they will beat you.

One of the highest regarded Silat Gurus in the world Maul Mornie who is the Gurdev of Silat Sufian Bela Diri also see's the high level skill in Shastarvidiya and wishes to learn it himself, infact hes coming this week to attend our seminar. Im guessing you have more knowledge then these guys too.

You just have to do a quick search on youtube for Shastarvidiya to see these videos of the seminars and demostrations.

Only Five, if you are so accomplished at understanding Martial Arts, then how about coming down to challenge Niddar Singh yourself, surely your examination of SV has allowed you to figure out how to beat Niddar Singh. The Hadh Thor challenge still stands. Most likely there will be a ludicris post how youve done it in the past and now you cant be bothered, if so, then save your breath.

15-Jul-2011, 09:26 AM

Thanks for posting this thread. I too am excited about this weekend as I have found Gurudev to be both a humble man and a generous teacher he is a true Master of the arts and I cant wait to see us both swap ideas on bladed combat with both the distinct differences and unique similarities of both arts.

I the short time I have known Gurudev I have been amazed at his wealth of knowledge and how both arts compliment each other.

To me this is an historical event were two great combat arts come together to share and hopefully this will not be the last.

The event is being held on Sunday in sunny Torquay south Devon and is open to all levels and styles of martial artists that wish to participate in this historical workshop.

Best wishes

Pat

Thanks to everyone who turned up at this workshop I had an absolute blast and it was great to see two combat arts happily work side by side and share each others knowledge. It was an honour to work with all of you and great to see how much both arts have in common.

The best workshop I have had the privilege of being on and I cant wait for the next one which I believe will be sometime in October in Leicester.

Best regards and thanks

Pat

Pat OMalley18-Jul-2011, 10:19 PM

It certainly sounded quite interesting. Would have loved to attend it. I hope everyone who did appreciated the experience.

Cheers...

It's was great. There will be interveiws and clips going up on YouTube soon and coverage in Combat Magazine as well as this there will be coverage and interveiws of the event going out too 280 million people on the BBC World Service sometime in September.

Best regards

Pat

Pat OMalley19-Jul-2011, 02:42 AM

Some people within the community doubt Niddar Singhs claims. But I think it has more to do with religious quarrels.

One complaint is that he bases everything of Hindu deities where as shastar vidiya was modified andpreserved by the Sikhs who did not believe in deities and do not include them in their teaching of anything.

Religion. Deities. Well that is neither here nor their all I know is I watched him move and I know when I am watching someone who knows what he is doing and he knows what he is doing. He is a true master of the combat arts.

He freely taught and shared his knowledge and trained in what we knew with an open mind and is a very humble man.

I don't care what other people think. From one fighter to another I have the upmost respect for his skills.

Best regards

Pat

Pat OMalley19-Jul-2011, 02:51 AM

As a matter of fact he could have based it on the Simpsons it would have made no difference he knows what he's doing and we seen no religion in the room. What we did see was a sharing of culture and knowledge of combat skills and good friends where made in that room. And that's what counts.

I would recommend that anyone seeking to improve their understanding of combat skills seek him out. I found him to be a very open and honest man with an undying passion for his art.

Best regards

Pat

Those are nice quotes.

But as a genuine question, many people refer to his challenge, and let's be honest most of his critics are usually young people, and to say go and fight him is easy to say. But has the challenge been extended to actual fighters from other places or just to our own people? I mean has he been to various schools, tribes, hostile areas where a challenge to duel with blood for honour and skill would be happily accepted?

I know it's on the Internet, but has any attempt been made to actually test the artform in real combat? Given the countless conflicts and groups of actual warriors engaged in all types of battle and war it shouldn't be hard to go and challenge them to really test if it's a battle art?

Not sure whether the other martial arts test their art in battle, but then as you say they're not shastar vidiya, and therefore not the supreme martial art as we are told. With all honesty has any attempt to fight afghan tribesmen, somalii, Chechen guerillas, etc happened?

If the last Sikh warrior can't fight these people, what chance have the rest of us got?

Ak-47, if you read through the Hadh Thor Challenge you will see that it extends to anyone who wishes to challenge the art.

Look through Sikh History to see if its been battle tested, the same knowledge has been passed down from Gurdev to Gurdev to ensure that this knowledge is kept alive. Those who truely practise this art will know that it works, in the Akharas the skills of each student will be pressure tested to see how they handle real combat, one vs one, one vs multiples, one vs weapons etc.

Niddar Singh has travelled to various schools in India, same as his own Gurdev who travelled to 72 different Akharas to test his art, and used it in the 1947 riots.

http://www.sikhsanga...dar-challenged/

An old challenge Niddar didn't show up to. So called LAST SIKH warrior LOL

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

I was wondering around on tapoban and found the following please read...

http://www.tapoban.o...1&i=2349&t=2349

Author: Lodhi

Date: 02-25-05 04:16

This will be the first and last message.

If this teacher claims he/his system is undefeatable then the challenge is open to mr niddar singh/his students to come down to;

Punjabi Centre,

Ley Street,

Ilford,

Essex.

Tuesdays Wednesdays or Fridays After 6pm. We also have space reserved for challanges contact ali/jag at our base, or if your teacher feels very confident he may ask for jo in which case a time slot will be allocated.

Unfortunatly we have no time for propaganda/showmanship or wasting time on internet sites hence, appreciate your teacher's timely response please visit our centre direct on the time indicated. As this will be the last time I visit this site we look forward to seeing your teacher and his display.

All the best , good luck :-)

Thats an open challenge if i ever heard one. I wonder if niddar will acccept.. should be intresting to see the reaction or comments on this one!

We have a location and even a time offered, only thing remaining is to see if niddar turns up.

Gurburakal I have less of an issue with the artform and can accept that it's been used in some form or another historically. But my question is not whether the art has been tested per se, but whether the master and last Sikh warrior has.

You mention that the prev teacher travelled to challenges n fought, I'm asking whether the current teacher has actually tested it against an opponent. I'm sure you appreciate that visiting a school is different from visiting and asking whether anyone has the courage or skill to compete. If the schools master refuses then it would be an obvious embarrassment. But the art remains untested. That's why I mentioned groups who would probably relish the challenge and not be intimidated etc. Has any attempt been made to arrange combat with these people? From my understanding Hari Singh nalwa had numerous one to one fights with afghan tribal champions, will this current teacher follow n proove his skill?

And again Internet isn't going to proove skill, I'm not questioning the art, but I'm questioning whether the teacher has proven himself in armed combat against another foe. Not in the gym but proper combat, albeit not to the death.

Pat OMalley19-Jul-2011, 02:51 AM

As a matter of fact he could have based it on the Simpsons it would have made no difference he knows what he's doing and we seen no religion in the room. What we did see was a sharing of culture and knowledge of combat skills and good friends where made in that room. And that's what counts.

I would recommend that anyone seeking to improve their understanding of combat skills seek him out. I found him to be a very open and honest man with an undying passion for his art.

Best regards

Pat

I've always been against Niddar because of his views on Sikhi - but that i'm sorry to say that the quote above makes sense. A good fighter is a good fighter.

And all this talk about has it been tested in real battles is just silly talk. When did you last ask your gatka teacher/ karate teacher etc whether they have proven themselves in combat?

AK-47, find yourself some Chechens, Somalis or some Afghans who are ready to duel and bring them to the Akhara.

Many people come through the Akhara on a weekly basis, some with no martial knowledge, some with decades worth of training under their belt. Each person who enters is always tested to see how much they know, and the art is catered to them dependant on their skill.

Everyone goes one on one with Niddar Singh so there are no doubts to the effectiveness of the art and his own skill. If the person wishes to test further they are allowed to go all out as much as they wish. In all the years I have been there I have yet to see someone who doesnt accept the skill of the Gurdev, from newcomers, to Masters in their own rights.

If anyone is able to beat the Gurdev, the Gurdev will denounce his position and the higher skilled person will assume the role of the Akhara Gurdev. For students, if any lesson is repeated more than once, or if you dont learn something new in the class, the Gurdev has nothing more to teach and you may leave. Until now, Ive never had a repeated lesson, and I always learn something new.

By sitting on the internet and attempting to understand this art is of no point, you cannot judge how skilled Niddar Singh is until you face him, it is only then will you realise why he is the Gurdev and you are the student.