2 Ex Sikh Christian Converts On Revelation Tv (Channel 581 On Sky)

god has a plan for all of us right? so if he wants some people to covert from sikhi to chrisianity (or vice versa) then shouldn't we just accept it? after all arn't all religions just different paths to the same god? thats what i've always been taught, obviously we should do more to try and educate young sikhs about sikhi so that they dont end up like the girl in the video above who clearly dosen't understand anything about sikhi (through no fault of her own it must be said) but in the end after all our efforts if god wants a person to convert away from sikh then they will and we should be happy about it. In actual fact by the sound of it the girl in the video above has made a good move! her familly sounds like a bunch of nutters! they followed sikhi and hinduism that dosent make sense, at least she has moved away from the crazy rituals and moved into a monotheistic religion right?

this is just my opinion though, im definitely not saying that i agree with christianity no way! :biggrin2:

Christian missionaries are the silent enemies of the Panth. While we only focus on Hindus groups like RSS and the Islamic threats to our faith. But if you do your numbers, more Sikhs have converted to the Christian faith then they have to Hinduism or Islam. If you go to the villages of Amritsar and Gurdaspur you will see almost all the villages have churches. The priests are usually from South India. While I'm not saying we should use violence against them since that is not the Sikh way, but we should certainly do counter Parchar. The christian faith is full of holes and contradictions. We can easily bring back the people they took away from the Sikh faith.

Christian missionaries are the silent enemies of the Panth. While we only focus on Hindus groups like RSS and the Islamic threats to our faith. But if you do your numbers, more Sikhs have converted to the Christian faith then they have to Hinduism or Islam. If you go to the villages of Amritsar and Gurdaspur you will see almost all the villages have churches. The priests are usually from South India. While I'm not saying we should use violence against them since that is not the Sikh way, but we should certainly do counter Parchar. The christian faith is full of holes and contradictions. We can easily bring back the people they took away from the Sikh faith.

Yes I agree with you but until the leadership of Punjab - who are majority Sikh if I'm not mistaken - begin to help vulnerable people (or those who live on the breadline) no amount of parchaar will help. What will parchaar do if those people who are being preached to cannot feed their families or afford medicine?

If a Christian missionary turns up at a village and says "You will never have to worry about your children's education and your medical health if you become Christian" then you simply cannot beat those incentives in this warped world.

Yes, I am sure I will be reminded of the wonderful "Sir Jaave Ta Jaave, Sikhi Sidak Na Jaave" and I completely and utterly agree with that. But the poor of the modern world do not have an appetite for religious fervour and loyalty. They will follow whoever offers them the most incentives - those of them who have a choice of course.