Concerns About Sikhri

TuhadaDaas

So he iz c ing good wher u canot c it mayB? Pleas sho wot bit of gurbani dey alterd 4 themselfs?

From what I have understood, I don't think they changed Gurbani, but have suggested that the Dohra which is recited after ardas used to be slighlty different from the one used today. Not sure where they reference this from though? perhaps someone else can shed some light.

So he iz c ing good wher u canot c it mayB? Pleas sho wot bit of gurbani dey alterd 4 themselfs?

If you seeing good as distorting Guru Sahib Bani, then that is your right, but Guru Sahib rejects such slander directed at Satguru. As a Sikh no one would see good in such acts.

Go to page two of this thread and there is a post where it directly shows Harinder has changed Guru Sahib writing. The Dohra is transcribed by Bhai Nand Laal ji, but are the words of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj. Guru Sahib had Bhai Sahib to write down what Satguru says. For this reason the Dohra cannot be changed in any way and whoever does change it has broken their relationship with Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj. There is no justification for this kind of mistake and is not taken lightly for one second.

I have met him on one occasion. He was doing a talk about Sikhism. From what I have seen about him is that he is not knowledgeable about Sikhism. His knowledge is very basic level. He has no where near the knowledge of the average Kathakar. One good thing about him is that he is a very good speaker. He knows how to grab the attention of the audience which is probably the reason for his success. Why is it that all the wrong people are doing so good when it comes to reaching out to the general public. I mean look at Sikhri and Kala Afghanis. Why can't the average Sikh do that or AKJ and Taksal for that matter?

Jonny101, if you have the backing of multimillionaire who for decades pays and cover the whole salary then i am absolutely sure that a person can really grab audience attention. GP Singh is the Founder and Board of Directors – Sikh Research institute (2002 - ) [ link ]. Harinder Singh is his full-time employee.

Counselors at the camps or speakers at programs associated with panthic minded organization are doing pure sewa on volunteer basis. They may get free Air tickets but they don't get salary or money for doing prachar thus they have less time to focus on prachar materials nor they have time to attend public speaking or marketing classes etc.

If our community pays good income to pracharaks then today w don't have to face anti-panth "Sikhri" group.

Dohra wording " Sabh sikhan ko hukam hai , Guru maniyo granth " is similar to rehatnama of Bhai Prahlad singh ji's wording. It is there in twarikh guru Kahlsa also.

Sikhri does not like this as they believe that SGGS is a book. That is the reason they change it. In the other thread i have posted a poem from their syllabus that clearly says this.

The one time I went to his talks I remember Harinder Singh letting loose his Manmat. Usually when he lets loose his Manmat he does not back it with quotes from Gurbani since Gurbani does not agree with Manmat. So I remember when he said something Manmat, a Singh from the crowd who knew Gurbani said challenged his Manmat with a quote from Gurbani. To this Harinder Singh did not have any answer.

• 6 months later...

So guys it seem Harinder singh has hijacked the UK now - he spoke at the hyde park rally.

He was on sikh channel the other day - holding some sort of sarbat khalsa talk

So it seems ok now is it? rather than all the hearsay above?