Views On The Kosher/ Halal Ban

SinghInTraining

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15610142

what is everyone's view on this?

personally although i do not agree with halal at all and i think it is inhumane way of slaughter I think as a sikh I would defend the muslims (and jews) right to practice their chosen religion properly, just as guru Teg Bahadur ji sacraficed himself to save a religion he did not belive in do you think sikhs should support muslims and jews in this situation even though we do not agree with halal or kosher??

what does everybody think???

Of course we shouldn't support this.

One has to look at what Guru Ji was supporting. Guru Ji was supporting the right to practice a way of life that was a way of working towards God i.e. Religion. (even though there may have been some elements in that way of life which Guru Ji deemed unnecessary).

If a 'religion' (depends on what you define as religion) arose today that believed in human sacrifice, do you think (not you, but i'm saying rhetorically) Guru Ji would support this (not saying Islam does)? Of course they wouldn't.

On top of all this, this halal issue is an issue within the belief system itself, its not the entire belief system which is being targetted, i.e. ban Islam.

I'm sure there were things in Hinduism that Guru Ji would have not supported (as is clearly illustrated in bani).

It was hard to convey my point but I hope you understand.

In no way, shape or form should we support the Muslims and Jews in this matter.

SinghInTraining, out of interest why did you write "I would defend the muslims (and jews)", and not "muslims and jews" or "jews (and muslims)" ??

I support the ban due to the barbaric blood thirsty way in which living creatures are killed.

Guru Sahib died defending rituals of the hindus - true, however we should remember, the hindu rituals did not involve causing bloodshed of any sort.

We should further remember SatGuru Amar Das Sahib refused to have veiled women in sangat.

No+allow+halal+meat.jpg

211057_190919737590995_1024748_n.jpg

Personally im a vegeterian and dont eat outside, but some of you may be interested to know that in many subways in the UK the Ham isnt not actually Ham, its halal turkey that has been dyed pink. Halal meat is served in a huge amount of places, and customers are totally unaware. This is against consumer rights and possibly tthe religious beliefs of others. If meat is halal, customers should be clearly informed.

Having veiled women in sangat is different from going into a different religion and forcing them to stop a practice. The Sangat is of Satguru, so Satguru's rules apply. If you want to meet Satguru then follow the rules, if not then don't enter. Once a women step outside of the sangat, then she can doe as she wishes. At different religious places, they have different rules, just like at our Gurdwaras. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj is completely against Halal meat or kosher or ritually killed animals in anyway. But Satguru never went to the extent of banning the practice, where the Muslim could not practice it. Satguru surely issued a Hukam saying Sikhs can't eat it or practice this way of killing an animal.

To ban halal and kosher meat is infringing on Jews and Muslims right to practice their religious way. There is no justice reason to ban the practice of Halal. The reason they are giving is being a total hypocrite because stunning the animals does not help. Many animals are killed brutally even in the secular way. I see this as a way to suppress the Muslims from living in such countries. Having halal meat is central to the Muslims way of life. If you ban their practices, then you are literally banning them from the country. These political attacks on religions by many countries, is taking the fundamental rights of a religious followers away from them. These actions violate the right to religious freedom.

If this government wishes to get rid of animal torture, then they should also ban the secular way animals are killed. They should ban meat all together. Also such bans don't make sense when you look at how many humans are killed by alochol and cigarettes. Is the welfare of animals more important than the safety of individuals that are killed in car crashes because some loser was drinking and driving? Why not ban alcohol when it kills so many and puts humans welfare at a very high risk? The health care cost rises through the roof due to alcohol related diseases and consumption of alcohol.

This is just another attempt to ban a religion. I'm completely against Halal meat and many Muslim practices, but this is not the way to deter people away from the Muslim religion. This is being a political extremist.

I agree with the ban i've had enough of them pushing their luck all the supermarket sell Halal to people without them knowing we even have rubbish like Halal Ice Cream,Halal Chips,Halal Chocolate and our kids are fed halal in school dinners,it was fine when it was limited to them but these lot never stop forcing it down other peoples necks - well now its just hit them back in the face!

The Hindus that Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji gave his life for were being given the choice of death or conversion to Islam. The banning of Halal and Kosher meat is in no way comparable to what was happening to those Hindus. By banning halal/kosher no one is being stopped from following their religion, it is not a compulsory part of either religion to eat meat, it is simply that when they do eat meat it must be such meat that was slaughtered in a ritiualstic manner. Simply, they will have to stop eating meat, no one is beig prevented from following their religion by this!

One step closer to the banning of all meat!

Guru Sahib died defending rituals of the hindus - true, however we should remember, the hindu rituals did not involve causing bloodshed of any sort.

We should further remember SatGuru Amar Das Sahib refused to have veiled women in sangat.

I think, Paneer Monster, you are so absorbed in anti-muslim bigotry that you're no longer capable of clear thought. The Hindu rituals involved treating darker skinned human beings worse than animals. You'd do well to remember the difference between an animal and a human being.

As for your other point : "We should further remember SatGuru Amar Das Sahib refused to have veiled women in sangat"

If you genuinely wanted to 'remember' that you wouldn't be wasting time stating it here. You would be enforcing it at the 20 to 30 Bhatra Gurdwaras in the UK where women are veiled in sangat.

You won't, of course, be doing any of those things. Because you have no real interest in any of those things. Your only interest is muslim bashing.

Otherwise, if you were genuinely passionate about stopping pain to animals, you would never buy and drink a pint of milk from any British supermarket. For that milk to get to your glass the cow has to go through an obscene amount of cruelty. She gives birth....and as soon as her baby is born it is immediately taken away from her...never to be seen again....while she is put on machines to give the milk that was mean't for her baby. Despite her pain and distress for her baby she is forced to give milk again and again and again and again....just to give you some milk to put in your cha. And yet you wanna talk about the cruelty of halal and kosher ?

SinghInTraining, out of interest why did you write "I would defend the muslims (and jews)", and not "muslims and jews" or "jews (and muslims)" ??

ythe only reason i wrote jews in brackets is because the duch government is anti muslim not anti jew, yes jews are affected by this ney law but muslims are the ones being targeted