Non Amritdhari Reading Guru Granth Sahib?

Papisingh

can a mona/sehajdhari do paat in a gurdwara that doesn't keep warrior/kshatri bani like Dasam Granth or Sarbloh Granth? (They keep these banis in gurdwaras that are in the dal khalsa fauj panth)

Does a gurdwara without these bani count as a amrit dhari gurdwara or sehajdhari gurdwara?

Just a few things to think about!

Guest guptbhenji

WJkk Wjkf

once me and my husband went to gurdwara, i Will not name which one. And we happened to be the only ones there at that time. The giani asked my husband to do raul as there was nobody there. But my husband asked if it makes a difference that he has cut hair and is not amritdhari. The giani replied that he probably does more paath than him kindly so as not to make my husband feel bad. But my husband still hesitated a bit. And the giani then said, 'main koi labda, je na lab hoa fir karlena.' so my husband 'tek hai ji'.

And he came back and with him was an amritdhari aunty. So in this situation if waheguruji wanted they would have chosen my husband to do it but instead something made my husband hesitate thus the aunty from out of the blue turning up.

The reason he hesitated was this, 'main rukgea c, hor na meri koi YouTube te video paadeve ke mona paath karda gurdware ch'.

Guest guptbhenji

Wjkk wjkf

That is wat somebody in this day and age would have thought as not everybody has same thinking. I personally would be grateful to waheguruji if given the chance to read path if i could. I feel my husband did the right thing but if nobody could be found to do it then y not. That would mean one is denying doing seva. As per rehat maryada an amritdhari is best suited to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Guest guptbhenji

Wjkk wjkf

Interesting point gurdssingh paji. We have respect for amritdharis, it is very hard to maintain that lifestyle. I would not be able to do it and have the upmost respect for them. But i have to say i do get fed up and cheesed off with those that look down on cut hair people. And quoting things like manmukhs etc, thinking they are better than or are higher than others because they are amritdhari. Who cares? I feel prejudice sometimes when nobody wants to talk to me.

Yes you are right there gurdssingh paji, one should not judge ones pyar on appearance but their mann and sharda.

See, this is how narrow mindedness, keeps us as a tiny minority quom. I'm pretty sure many non keshdhari Sikhs read Guru ji after Guru Arjan Dev ji brought all the bani together. There is quite some time between the original installation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in Amritsar to the revelation of the Khalsa in 1699. Plenty of nonkeshdharis will have read Guru ji in that period, as probably even afterwards too.

The way people are so narrow minded and exclusivist pretty much explains why some other faiths around us grow rapidly and we remain small in numbers, which in a world that seems obsessed with statistics, doesn't do us many favours in political terms. Bottom line we have no weightage and no voice as a result. Not only that, it's remarkable that certain narrow minded people don't grasp the fact that such actions also have the effect of turning the best potential source of future amritdharis (i.e. the monay, sehaj dharis or whatever you want to call them today) away.

We have direct instruction from Gurbani that says who was reading Adi Granth. The instructions come from Satguru Sri Guru Ram Das ji Maharaj on ang 923, when Maharaj was going to leave this world. Just so the sangat doesn't get their own intrepretations of the shabad, the katha of this shabad will be put as well. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Maharaj katha is what will follow. Also the shabad starts on 923 and ends on 924 for those that want to take the whole instuctions in.

myry isK suxhu puq BweIho myrY hir Bwxw Awau mY pwis jIau ]

(923-8, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

mayray sikh sunhu put bhaa-eeho mayrai har bhaanaa aa-o mai paas jee-o.

Listen O my Sikhs, my children and Siblings of Destiny; it is my Lord's Will that I must now go to Him.

hir Bwxw gur BwieAw myrw hir pRBu kry swbwis jIau ]

(923-9, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

har bhaanaa gur bhaa-i-aa mayraa har parabh karay saabaas jee-o.

The Guru gladly accepted the Lord's Will, and my Lord God applauded Him.

Bgqu siqguru purKu soeI ijsu hir pRB Bwxw Bwvey ]

(923-9, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

bhagat satgur purakh so-ee jis har parabh bhaanaa bhaav-ay.

One who is pleased with the Lord God's Will is a devotee, the True Guru, the Primal Lord.

Awn�d Anhd vjih vwjy hir Awip gil mylwvey ]

(923-10, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

aanand anhad vajeh vaajay har aap gal maylaava-ay.

The unstruck sound current of bliss resounds and vibrates; the Lord hugs him close in His embrace.

qusI puq BweI prvwru myrw min vyKhu kir inrjwis jIau ]

(923-11, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

tusee put bhaa-ee parvaar mayraa man vaykhhu kar nirjaas jee-o.

O my children, siblings and family, look carefully in your minds, and see.

Duir iliKAw prvwxw iPrY nwhI guru jwie hir pRB pwis jIau ]3]

(923-11, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

Dhur likhi-aa parvaanaa firai naahee gur jaa-ay har parabh paas jee-o. ||3||

The pre-ordained death warrant cannot be avoided; the Guru is going to be with the Lord God. ||3||

siqguir BwxY AwpxY bih prvwru sdwieAw ]

(923-12, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

satgur bhaanai aapnai bahi parvaar sadaa-i-aa.

The True Guru, in His Own Sweet Will, sat up and summoned His family.

mq mY ipCY koeI rovsI so mY mUil n BwieAw ]

(923-12, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

mat mai pichhai ko-ee rovsee so mai mool na bhaa-i-aa.

Let no one weep for me after I am gone. That would not please me at all.

imqu pYJY imqu ibgsY ijsu imq kI pYj Bwvey ]

(923-13, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

mit paijhai mit bigsai jis mit kee paij bhaav-ay.

When a friend receives a robe of honor, then his friends are pleased with his honor.

qusI vIcwir dyKhu puq BweI hir siqgurU pYnwvey ]

(923-13, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

tusee veechaar daykhhu put bhaa-ee har satguroo painaava-ay.

Consider this and see, O my children and siblings; the Lord has given the True Guru the robe of supreme honor.

siqgurU prqiK hodY bih rwju Awip itkwieAw ]

(923-14, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

satguroo partakh hodai bahi raaj aap tikaa-i-aa.

The True Guru Himself sat up, and appointed the successor to the Throne of Raja Yoga, the Yoga of Meditation and Success.

siB isK bMDp puq BweI rwmdws pYrI pwieAw ]4]

(923-15, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

sabh sikh banDhap put bhaa-ee raamdaas pairee paa-i-aa. ||4||

All the Sikhs, relatives, children and siblings have fallen at the Feet of Guru Ram Das. ||4||

AMqy siqguru boilAw mY ipCY kIrqnu kirAhu inrbwxu jIau ]

(923-15, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

antay satgur boli-aa mai pichhai keertan kari-ahu nirbaan jee-o.

Finally, the True Guru said, "When I am gone, sing Kirtan in Praise of the Lord, in Nirvaanaa."

kyso gopwl pMifq sidAhu hir hir kQw pVih purwxu jIau ]

(923-16, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

kayso gopaal pandit sadi-ahu har har kathaa parheh puraan jee-o.

Call in the long-haired scholarly Saints of the Lord, to read the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har.

hir kQw pVIAY hir nwmu suxIAY bybwxu hir rMgu gur Bwvey ]

(923-16, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

har kathaa parhee-ai har naam sunee-ai baybaan har rang gur bhaav-ay.

Read the sermon of the Lord, and listen to the Lord's Name; the Guru is pleased with love for the Lord.

ipMfu pqil ikirAw dIvw Pul hir sir pwvey ]

(923-17, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

pind patal kiri-aa deevaa ful har sar paav-ay.

Do not bother with offering rice-balls on leaves, lighting lamps, and other rituals like floating the body out on the Ganges; instead, let my remains be given up to the Lord's Pool.

hir BwieAw siqguru boilAw hir imilAw purKu sujwxu jIau ]

(923-18, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

har bhaa-i-aa satgur boli-aa har mili-aa purakh sujaan jee-o.

The Lord was pleased as the True Guru spoke; he was blended then with the all-knowing Primal Lord God.

rwmdws soFI iqlku dIAw gur sbdu scu nIswxu jIau ]5]

(923-18, rwmklI, bwbw suMdr)

raamdaas sodhee tilak dee-aa gur sabad sach neesaan jee-o. ||5||

The Guru then blessed the Sodhi Ram Das with the ceremonial tilak mark, the insignia of the True Word of the Shabad. ||5||

ang sung 923

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio

audios / Katha / Puratan Katha / Sant Gurbachan Singh (Bhindran wale) / Guru Granth Sahib Larivaar Katha