Question For All Dastar Wearing Dentists And Surgeons (And Anyone Else With Good Ideas!)

SinghInTraining

Hi I am a first year dental student and I am required to get changed into scrubs Before going into a clinic but the problem is I cant fit the srubs over my Dastar! also i am required to wear a visor but i find it hard to put the legs of the visor over my ears as my ears are covered by my dastar. does any one have any tips? what does other sikh dentists/ surgeons do to over come these problems? also leagaly do I have any rights to ask the dental school to allow me to wear a different uniform from the rest of students, e.g one that i can button up so i dont have to put on over my head.

please reply with any suggestions whatever they are even if you are not a dentist or surgeon but just have some good ideas or knowledge of the law

1. Why not put scrubs on before dastar. Can't you wear the scrubs in lecture too...

2. It seems like a piece of fabric, perhaps an elastic ring with velcro on the ends could be used to go through the loops on the mast/visor, and secure it around your head... or could you not just wear your dastar in such a way that you can get to your ears?