Gong Meditation In A Gurdwara Sahib?

TuhadaDaas

I came across this event on facebook which is going to be taking place tonight at Central Gurdwara Khalsa Jatha, London (Shepherd's Bush), organised by the 'Guru Ram Das Keertan Project'.

http://www.facebook....231119736943134

This it the timetable given for the night, it is highly commendable to stay awake all night for bhagti, but I am unsure about some of the things that are listed as happening on the night, eg. 'gong meditation' and 'aquarian march meditation'. Whatever people do in their personal lives is of no business to anyone, but I do believe that there are certain things that the Gurdwara is the right place for, and there are other things which should not take place there

Below is the text as on facebook, please share your thoughts. Also, please note this is in no way an attack or critcism of any individual or organisation, I am only concerned/confused.

The programme unfolds through the night from Friday 11th to Saturday 12th November

20.30 - 23.00 - Keertan

23.00 - 23.31 - Aquarian March Meditation

23.00 - 04.30 - Biscuits and tea langar

00.00 - 04.00 - Wahe Guru Simran

04.00 - 04.30 - Gong meditation

05.00 - 07.30 - Aquarian Sadhana

07.30 - 08.30 - Breakfast Langar

An Array of Musicians / Keertanees from the UK will play.

We warmly invite Volunteers/Sevadars to contact Raghurai Singh if they are able to help out with this event. Email: raghurai5@yahoo.co.uk or Mob: 07900 544 175.

Please bring a head covering to wear and a yoga mat.

You are invited to donate £20, £15, £10 or £5 depending on what you can give for this event - there will be a collection box for these donations at the entrance of the Main Hall in aid of the Guru Ram Das Project Charity (reg. Charity No.: 1098682).

For information on the Charity please visit www.grdp.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------

You are welcome to bring your friends, family and students for this special occasion and charitable cause.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN US ANYTIME THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT!!

Like it or not Gong / Sound therapy is fast becoming the major catalyst to bring converts to Sikhism. I didn't know anything about gong / sound therapy until a visit to New York a few years ago. There, all over Manhattan I found dozens of Sikh businesses offering this kind of therapy. It was extremely popular among the very rich well to do Americans. Lately I've seen a few of these businesses setting up in the city of London and Brighton too. Again, very popular with celebrities and the well to do.

What you have to remember about the central London Shepherds Bush Gurdwara is that it as always been (since the 1960's at least) THE gurdwara of choice of the white Sikhs. It is their 'local'.

What we should remember is that throughout our history different groups have always had their own reason for embracing Sikhi. The only important thing is that they come. From the 1st to the 7th master, for example, the vast majority of Sikhs were khatris. When the 8th master introduced a more military fighting aspect to Sikhi for the first time the jatts embraced it in numbers....for it was that particular aspect that appealed to them most. History repeats itself. Once they come.....they find out and embrace the real sikhi. But first you need something to make them come. At the moment, gong / sound therapy is the main thing. All the rage among the stars in Hollywood. It is what they associate with Sikhism with.