Genuine Questions About Jathebandiya

Sukhmanii

Since there's so much animosity between Sikhs on the bases of which group they believe others to be in, I think now I need to know what everyone else seems to know!!

What's the difference between AKJ, Taksali, and Nihang maryada?

AKJ, Taksali and Nihang... what are the other groups called? Why so much negativity attached to the AKJ?

This is one issue that has come to my attention since joining this forum last year. I didn't know there was so much....well, hate between the various groups. It is strange to read about especially if, like me, its an issue you never knew existed.

Exactly, I personally don't see the big deal at all. But it's come to my attention via Facebook over the last year or so. So much hate :| but I need to know the answers to my questions, as I'd feel stupid asking someone at this point in my Sikhi!

the answer is no difference. differences are made by haters. maryada is only one and what is not being followed by any of these groups is what they are missing. Just like every person is not same therefore people like different stuff and they associate them with different jathebandia of their interests. People who love sangti roop kirtan in a way that more and more bani is read regardless of certain strict style of singing and in an easy and attractive way from beginner level ability to understand and create interest in kirtan to advance level of getting rass from bani in sangti-kirtani roopi form, best fit themselves in AKJ, people who get anand from listening katha of gurbani and learning pure pronunciation of gurbani associate them selves to taksal and guru pyare who like shastar vidya like to be associated with nihang dals. but these jathebandia are not limited to what I have mentioned however they are specialized in these functions. Just like every country has the air force, army and navy, same way our religion has different jathebandies who are committed to Sikh panth and doing seva. This does not mean that akj do not listen to katha or take part in shastar vidya or taksal does not sing kirtan or so shastar vidya or nihang singhs do not sing kirtan or learn santhya. everyone takes part in everything according to their interests.

There were never any disagreements between jathebandies back in the days and mahapurashs of every jathebandi used to give 100 percent satkar to each other regardless of any minor differences between vichaars. But now days I see retard people disrespecting other jathebandies openly as they think themselves higher than the mukhies of jathebandies who never insulted each other.

• 4 years later...