Clock Changes In The Uk - When Should I Listen Or Do Rehraas Sahib Ji

Localsikh

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

Khalsa Ji

Sri Rehras Sahib can be read/listened to any time after 1 p.m. until midnight. This is confirmed by the samprdai {traditional seat of learning} Gursikhs.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

Path can be done any time, but mostly due to 'rules' Rehrass Sahib can be done after 12pm [lunchtime] Gurbani should be uttered/listened to 24/7 if possible.

very vaild question....certain paats are done at certain times to maximise the phal

kpull - why do you think we do nitnem preferably in the morning at amrit vela?

i do reharaas when the sun starts to set...thats the way I’ve always done it.

Firstly, I think path can be done at any time as mentioned by SantLUCIFER, secondly there is no fix time when a particular path should be recited.

There seems to be a contradiction of beliefs, we say that we do not practise any rituals but we still practice same rituals e.g. what time do to path.

When I took Amrit, I was advised by panj pyaaray to do path any time of the day, there was no particular rule regarding time. If I did miss a path it wasn’t the end of the world and just do Simran.

Regarding Nitnem, I did it when I woke up, there were many times when I did miss it because of work and other commitments. Like I have mentioned above, it wasn't the end of the world.

Many people think path is suppose to give some magical powers but that’s is so untrue. Path is there to be recited to take the essence of the teaching our Guru's and use those teachings in our practical life’s. If you just going to recite path as your ritual every morning or in the evening then you no different to who is practising rituals.

To the poster who questioned the forum with his question, I’m sorry if I have offended you.

Many people think path is suppose to give some magical powers but that’s is so untrue. Path is there to be recited to take the essence of the teaching our Guru's and use those teachings in our practical life’s. If you just going to recite path as your ritual every morning or in the evening then you no different to who is practising rituals.

What would you suggest someone do in order to ensure daily paat / naam simran doesn't become a ritual? Would it be best to learn the aarth of Gurbani inside-and-out so that a person fully understands what he / she is reciting everyday?

Does sangat have an opinion on this? I really don't like the thought of falling into ritualism.

A ritual is doing something without meaning. I agree with “Kaljugi” that we should learn the aarth of gurbani. Because by us doing our path everyday and not knowing the meaning kind of makes it a ritual.

For one person to call something a ritual may not be a ritual for somebody else. Such as matah taking. A person may just say I’m smacking my head on the floor, whilst to a Sikh it is bowing infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj who is our living Guru.

Just like with us, not knowing what Gurbani means may make it a ritual, but to a gursikh who understands Gurbani will know the power behind it and will recite it every day!

Kphull, so do you think that Guru Jee assigning us our 5 baanis at amritvela, rehrass in the evening and Kirtan Sohila at night just a ritual? (just curious)

Doesn’t it also matter on the raag in which the bani is composed in? Some raags are for evening or morning like Raag Asa, Hence why we read Asa Di Vaar in the morning?

Firstly, I think path can be done at any time as mentioned by SantLUCIFER, secondly there is no fix time when a particular path should be recited.

There seems to be a contradiction of beliefs, we say that we do not practise any rituals but we still practice same rituals e.g. what time do to path.

When I took Amrit, I was advised by panj pyaaray to do path any time of the day, there was no particular rule regarding time. If I did miss a path it wasn’t the end of the world and just do Simran.

Regarding Nitnem, I did it when I woke up, there were many times when I did miss it because of work and other commitments. Like I have mentioned above, it wasn't the end of the world.

To the poster who questioned the forum with his question, I’m sorry if I have offended you.

There isn't a contradiction of belief's, just alot of misinformation being spread intentionally by paapi's like Sarbjit Dhunda, like the fact that some people believe the mool mantar is until Gur Prasad and not "Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach".

You call what time we do path a ritual but that is completely and utterly false. If a person does their Rehras at 6 Pm after work everyday, and have been for years, thats a ritual? If someone is on a scedhule/ strict dicipline, how is that a ritual, its proper Rehit. Their recitation of Gurbani could be ritualistic, and their mind wandering, but that will still give them fruit, even if minimal. The Raags in Gurbani are intended to be sung a certain time of day, but their is nothing wrong with singing it at other times as it is all the One Truth. Some of Gurbani is more fruitful when recited at certain times. If everyone were to agree with what your saying, why wouldn't we just all get up in the morning and do all of Nitnem (All 7 Bani's) in the morning. Kirtan Sohila is ideally to be recited right before you sleep, just as Rehras is meant to be recited in the evening.

Phul Chuk Maf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh