Olympics And Sikhs

liveandletlive

I know I am posting this a bit late but I think we all need to be more aware. When these articles get published we should the first to read them and make sure they are correct and also then comment on the articles. Instead uneducated fools start commenting on them and this can have a very negative effect.

Simply typing in the word "sikh" into google usually brings up news articles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2064280/London-2012-Olympics-Sikhs-allowed-wear-Kirpan-daggers-Games.html

the comments on that article are disgusting....the racism that spearheaded colonialism is still alive and kicking!

but the best comment so far by a sikh brother lol...he told them how it is...

Ok time for a reality check you lazy Brits. After robbing and looting the Sikh Empire of all its wealth, the British Empire got fat and rich using treachery to plunder the land of the Sikhs, The Panjab. To this day Sikh artefacts are being sold at prestigious auctions in this Country. Your Queen dons the Kooh-i-Noor diamond on her crown that was 'donated' by the Sikh boy King Duleep Singh, an infant king separated from his mother by the British. Using manipulation and bribery this country got rich looting the globe. Is it any wonder it was your very own robbing and looting in the summer gone? And who was there protecting their business built up through hard work? Sikhs! You are indebted to us and have no right at all to start barking on about rights or invasions or other nonsensical rubbish being spewed. You owe us a few more decades yet and then some.

- Sandeep Singh, UK, 22/11/2011 10:48

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1eT9btQVZ

[/left]