Dasvandh

LifeIsBeautiful

If you are doing this noble deed, I suggest that you invest this money in your home village (assuming that you are not from the shehr) to propogate and strengthen Sikhi.

I dont know what kind of money you have but there are wide ranging list of activities you can help with in your pend.

If you want any help with ideas let me know.

Yeh I too agree with idea of helping youth from your pend, get them into sikhi.

Build a library or help the local school in buying books or computers with Internet connection to better there education, but with strings attached, ie there has to be a gurmat lesson a day etc.

Or what we done was to upgrade our local granthi so he can teach kirtan santhia etc and just pay his monthly wage. Better still support Khalsa aid who support a variety of much needed seva

There are so many people out there who need a meal- who are starving beyond belief. Why not put them first and help them survive another day?

It's weird because I was thinking yesterday that if self proclaimed sikhs got up and gave dasvandh or at least some money to the starving, many peoples lives could be saved.

Our gurus fed the hungry and deprived, why not follow their example. The guru becomes the chela and the chela becomes the guru, unless we step up and follow their teachings and examples, this won't happen.

Its a hard choice where to put your dasvand but it's even harder to take dasvand out, main thing your taking the right step, do bent ardas to mahraaj and tell him to decide for you where best to put it, afterall his the one taking it out for you and giving in the first place.

whatever you do dont put it in a golak you know that's just gonna get put into a saving account, put use to your money make it work

Save money and then go to punjab and spend it on random poor people or arrange something good for the community. By doing both physical (like going to india, buying stuff) and financially (money) sewa will give you a big picture of how you can make a difference in someone's life with the blessing of guru sahibs.

i would avoid organizations at all cost unless they provide 100% transparency of their procedures.