Wake Up, Boys!

guptkuri

waheguruu

so now im realllyy hurt, singhniya wear dastar just for a show?

im sorry maybe i havent met any yet, imm singhni myself , i still adorn dastar not because for a show, maybe if it is then it is because it's my crown, my pyare guruji has blessed me with it, i dont understand, therefore im thinkin singhs these days judge singhniya who wear dastar, thinking dey only wwear it as a show?

saareh kyon ehne valeya, i dont understand y are there now seperate rules for singhniya? i thot sikhi was not abt gender, y is it that the crown can only be worn by singhs, but aint we princesses too?

bhul bhuk maff if i said anything wrong

plus who shud we blame, we ain't perfect , this is kaljug, from 100% there will only be few percent that are connected with waheguru, we are all going as our karam are, only guru ji knoow. We are no one to judge whos in what stage, never know when we will be in that stage. About encouraging others to wear dastar, sachii when they begin to fall in love with waheguru and they will automatically search ways too make waheguru be please with them, just like a wife who adorn her self for her husband and so will we dress the way waheguru wants us? but the probz is its not easy fallin in love with waheguru cause moorak like me all are stuck in duality, its not a best decision to force anyone to wear dastar, if they wanted it they would have worn it anyway, i dont know if i have went off topic all im saying is dont say singhniya wear dastar for show or attention seeking, atleast they are wearing, there are some who dont even bother to follow sikhi in anyway. if they are wearing dastar that means they have some what taken step to sikhi

bhul chuf maff again

In my opinion and I am probably wrong but dastar wearing youth is more likely to think about sikhi twice before they do something wrong, then those that don't wear a dastar. Because every time they look in the mirror they will be reminded they are a Sikh. I am not saying to try to force it on anyone but I don't think their is nothing wrong with encouraging youth to wear dastars regardless of male or female, starting with our own families.

I think sikhi guidelines are for both genders and i strongly feel that bibian should wear keski but that is only my personal opinion. I am married to a keski wearing singhni and i most likely be with her even if she wasn't a keski wearing singhni back in days. Keski is another plus on top of the sikhi and social qualities she has.

Just like there are bad apples in every society, there are in fact hundreds of keski wearing bibian who are in fact of bad character (there are many close examples of people that i know personally). Do not let nicely tied keski wearing bibian impress you that they are true khalsa. Outlook is very deceiving. However, this is not the case of every keski singhnia.

Sikhi, sharda and simplicity is important and we should focus on them along with other important stuff such as keski/rehat and so on BUT focus on em equally. I have seen people focusing on keski part more than other stuff and make quick judgements which is absolutely wrong.

Above is totally my own personal viewpoint...

dastar wearing youth is more likely to think about sikhi twice before they do something wrong

That is very true... Practically, It happened to me many times in my life.

I see this has turned into those "blaming girls topics". This time, dastaar wearing singhnia are bad? How refreshing!

You guys are obviously oblivious to how hard it is for a singhni to wear a dastaar in western society. It requires strength and love for the saroop of Guru Gobing singh jee. Accusing some of these girls of wearing it for "show" is a hurtful statement. Unless they have outright told you that it is the sole reason for them wearing it.

I believe every amritdhari bibi should wear a Keski anyway. It boosts your confidence, gives you pride for who you represent and I personally believe makes the struggle easier. People don't pressure you to do things against Sikhi principles as they understand you are serious in your Sikhi. They leave you be and respect you for it.

To conclude, the overriding reason for amritdhari bibiya to wear a dastaar is because I get really happy when I see a singhnia somewhere, randomly :)

Perhaps you didn't read the whole thread. It has clearly been mentioned many times that only SOME girls do this. It has also been very clearly mentioned that guys do this as well.

While the statement can be hurtful to some that does not change the fact that is it true in some cases.

Guptkaur1 jeeo, very well said.

There is no doubt that keeping Sikhi saroop is harder for bibiyaan. Its also true that not all Bibiyaan or Singhs are the same. The message here is NOT to malign dastaar wearing Bibis, nor to blame Bibis for the sad state of the Panth. We are walking on a very thin thread. We want to encourage Bibis to wear dastaar, at the same time, we want to alert all young and naive Sikhs that all that glitters is not gold.

This should come as a wake up call to both Singhs and Kaurs who wear Gurujee's Bana. The topic is "Wake up boys", however the waking up needs to be done by both. If you wear Gurujee's Bana, whether you are Singh or Kaur, you have a certain responsibility. Blaming a particular gender for your own shortcomings (whether you are Singh or Kaur) is only an excuse.

I find it a bit strange that Sikhs with a dastaar (male and female) are forced to behave themselves because they need a dastaar on their head to remind them to do good. I would think those morals or principles come from within.

Unless we're talking about some youngsters who are prone to mistakes or being lead astray then I would agree.