Sikhism - Promoting Our Culture/Heritage

Tony

Fateh

Pls see attached video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SUaoVy_iU

Now some comments

First I appreciate that the guys are putting in some real effort here and well done to their efforts and skill.

However as I understand that there is a need to promote our culture and heritage to a wider audience however is it a matter of Quality vs Quantity.... and furthermore is this really needed?

Appreciate constructive comments pls.

Fateh.c.....

the worst part is they hoist the indian flag with a khanda on the screen in the background...what does sikhi have to do with the ShIThole thats called india?...the funny thing is much of our history once took place in what is today called pakistan..does that mean we should raise their flag too?...what happened to raising our own nishaan?...we are pure gulaami

Guest dataSingh

Its just STUNTS and cheap entertainment , not our heritage . The thread name is a misnomer !

What does eating glass , riding a bike over the body and other entertainment they did has to do with sikh heritage ??

Had they purely displayed shastar vidya ( they had a chance to display sikhi martial art on south indian television ), they would have inspired so many south indian hindus to once look into what sikhism is !

A pathetic example of Sikh Slavery entertaining the Bhaman Elites and Hindustan while hurting themselves in the process not only is this a mockery of Sikh Martial Tradition its a slap in our Face when the kid hoists that Evil Tri Colour Hindustani Flag.

Would you see Sikh warriors back in the day smashing tube lights or pots on each other - I don't think so

seriously man, been trying to google them to get an email add or phone number.

tube lights?? serious neurological damage through mercury poisoning!

someone needs to blardy speak to them, unless they using fakes they would have inhaled enough to cause serious damage by now.

someone help me get a contact for em please

And rather than cussing them (i don't disagree to the points made), they have had millions of hits on the internet, massively popular in China.

We should be savvy enough to call them to UK/Canada for 1984 Shaheedi Tournaments etc, use their profile for the right reasons.

Would be best to go to them and hope they are sharda walay Sikhs because they are representing all Sikhs with their new found popularity. Not sure what to think of it though. The indian flag in the end wasn't necessary.

The India's got talent one was good because they actually did gatka AND raised the Khalsa Flag.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use