Sikhism - Promoting Our Culture/Heritage

Fateh

Pls see attached video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SUaoVy_iU

Now some comments

First I appreciate that the guys are putting in some real effort here and well done to their efforts and skill.

However as I understand that there is a need to promote our culture and heritage to a wider audience however is it a matter of Quality vs Quantity.... and furthermore is this really needed?

Appreciate constructive comments pls.

Fateh.c.....

the worst part is they hoist the indian flag with a khanda on the screen in the background...what does sikhi have to do with the ShIThole thats called india?...the funny thing is much of our history once took place in what is today called pakistan..does that mean we should raise their flag too?...what happened to raising our own nishaan?...we are pure gulaami

Guest dataSingh

Its just STUNTS and cheap entertainment , not our heritage . The thread name is a misnomer !

What does eating glass , riding a bike over the body and other entertainment they did has to do with sikh heritage ??

Had they purely displayed shastar vidya ( they had a chance to display sikhi martial art on south indian television ), they would have inspired so many south indian hindus to once look into what sikhism is !

A pathetic example of Sikh Slavery entertaining the Bhaman Elites and Hindustan while hurting themselves in the process not only is this a mockery of Sikh Martial Tradition its a slap in our Face when the kid hoists that Evil Tri Colour Hindustani Flag.

Would you see Sikh warriors back in the day smashing tube lights or pots on each other - I don't think so

seriously man, been trying to google them to get an email add or phone number.

tube lights?? serious neurological damage through mercury poisoning!

someone needs to blardy speak to them, unless they using fakes they would have inhaled enough to cause serious damage by now.

someone help me get a contact for em please

And rather than cussing them (i don't disagree to the points made), they have had millions of hits on the internet, massively popular in China.

We should be savvy enough to call them to UK/Canada for 1984 Shaheedi Tournaments etc, use their profile for the right reasons.

Would be best to go to them and hope they are sharda walay Sikhs because they are representing all Sikhs with their new found popularity. Not sure what to think of it though. The indian flag in the end wasn't necessary.

The India's got talent one was good because they actually did gatka AND raised the Khalsa Flag.

I think its getting very commercialized and more of drama baaz, however, I would say that there is nothing wrong in having some sort of publicity...

Remember that not everyone is perfect in this world.

True and plus i'm the opposite of perfect as well...

Sometimes I think it's no wonder people think we are dimwitted and unsophisticated........

We've become so desperate for a profile in the modern world that sometimes our people just jump into all kinds of immature and borderline sycophantic crap to without realising the wider implications. I hate to say it but it's like these days we just lack any sort of sophistication, and instead we get this fake macho crap.

God save us from ourselves.

Sometimes I think it's no wonder people think we are dimwitted and unsophisticated........

We've become so desperate for a profile in the modern world that sometimes our people just jump into all kinds of immature and borderline sycophantic crap to without realising the wider implications. I hate to say it but it's like these days we just lack any sort of sophistication, and instead we get this fake macho crap.

God save us from ourselves.

True, but to be real this video only went viral for the wrong reasons. The Bir Khalsa Group never went as viral because it wasn't bad. That surely contributes as well.

This for me is totally the wrong kind of publicity...showing a few tricks for the masses - is that what the Khalsa has been reduced to...really?!?

And to top it off...they waved an India flag...are you kidding me!!!!!

i don't care how much publicity they received...they sold their jameer (conscience) for 3 lakh rupees...all at the expense of the panth!!!!

• Like 1

WJKK WJKF

I didnt like the way they did this show at all. totally wrong for portraying sikhi, and children watch the shows too. I cant seem to see any art in wat they did. just kept hitting each other and the car and motorcycle oh my god......they were much better in india's got talent.

The saddest bit was they did all that dangerous stuff for 3lakh....Maybe india is so bad now, that they were making a point, coz we are hearing stories all the time of how sikhs are being belittled in india. But they chose the wrong performance in my opnion.